In this article, we will discuss the home remedies for foot blisters. The painful blisters on your feet are really annoying. A foot blister is a little bump that forms in the upper skin of the foot. Repeated friction or rubbing in one area is the main cause for foot blisters. Anything which has anti-inflammatory properties considered as useful to get rid of foot blisters. We are providing some best remedies for foot blisters that have essential nutrients to cure you. Usually, you do not appreciate the benefits of daily use stuff or things. But, home remedies are actually very useful to treat foot blisters, the natural ingredient present in them will help you to get rid of foot blisters.
Causes of Foot Blisters:
- Allergic reactions
- Friction due to inappropriate shoes or shocks
- Fungal infection of skin
- Heat and moisture
Remedies for Foot Blisters Treatment:
1.) Aloe Vera to Cure Foot Blisters
Aloe Vera is a natural herb that is used to treat almost all skin related problems and once again it will heal your nasty foot blister. Aloe Vera has a natural healing property which makes it a very effective remedy in treating foot blisters. The anti-inflammatory property of Aloe Vera is going to cure the problem by reducing the swelling and redness. You have to directly apply the Aloe Vera gel by cutting a leaf of it in half. Before the application of gel you should clean the blister by washing it properly.
2.) Green Tea to Prevent Foot Blisters
Green tea is best to heal the foot blister due to its anti-inflammatory property and beside this, you would also need an antiseptic to cure the blister completely. For the antiseptic, we are going to use baking soda.
- Bring some water to boil on medium flame and in boiling water, add 3 tea bags. Let it boil for a couple of minutes.
- Then add one teaspoon of baking soda and boil for another couple of minutes. Turn off the flame, take out the bowl and let it cool down.
- Soak your foot in the tea, if you can’t able to dip your foot, and then just apply the remedy using cotton balls.
- If your blister has not popped up, then just soak the foot in warm water, it will speed up the healing process.
3.) Apple Cider Vinegar to Treat Foot Blisters
Popped up blister is always vulnerable to infection due to the direct contact of bacteria’s present around us. Apple cider vinegar has anti-bacterial properties that will protect the blister against any type of infection and side by side it also cures the blister. Apple cider vinegar might painful if it is not tolerable, and then wash the blister with hydrogen peroxide. Do not forget to cover the blister with anti-bacterial ointment to prevent infection.
4.) Tea Tree Oil to Heal Foot Blisters
Using tea tree oil is the best way to get rid of foot blisters naturally. It has antibacterial properties to cure foot blister and you should use it to get rid of blisters. Prepare a solution by mixing one teaspoon of tea tree oil in some water. Now, before applying the mixer on your foot blisters, wash it to remove any dust or debris from the blisters. Apply the solution and leave for 10 minutes, so that tea tree oil works on your blisters. Wash it off with normal water.
5.) Vitamin E to Treat Foot Blisters
Vitamin E has brilliant properties to repair the damaged skin without scarring and it also helps in quick healing of the skin. Vitamin E oil is an effective solution to cure foot blister naturally. Its skin moisturizing properties can relieve itchiness instantly. Furthermore, it improves the healing process and prevents scarring. Purchase vitamin E oil and apply it on your foot blisters, it will reduce the pain and itchiness completely. You can also pop up a vitamin E pill and then apply the liquid directly to your foot blisters.
6.) Castor Oil for Foot Blister Treatment
Castor oil is most famous among other remedies for foot blisters, especially when it comes to healing foot blisters. It is recommended to apply the castor oil before going to sleep, let it overnight to work on your foot blisters. Keep your blisters clean from foreign dust and dirt, if your blister has popped up, then it becomes the foremost priority to apply a bandage to it. Clean the blister and then apply castor oil, it will heal and dry your foot blister fast.
7.) Epsom Salt to Get Rid of Foot Blisters
Epsom salt contains magnesium that can be very useful to reduce the swelling and inflammation of foot blisters.
- Take 2 gallons of warm water in a bucket and then put 2-3 cups of Epsom salt in it. Mix the solution well, to get the salt completely dissolved in water.
- Soak a clean cloth in the water and then wring out the extra water present in the cloth.
- Place the cloth on your foot blisters, do it many times for at least 10 minutes. The magnesium present in the salt will dry the blister and you will be fine.
8.) Turmeric Powder for Foot Blister Treatment
Remedies for foot blisters that have both anti-inflammatory and antiseptic properties are recommended. Turmeric has both these properties, so it can be used to treat foot blister fast and through natural processes.
- In a small bowl, prepare a paste of ½ teaspoon of turmeric powder and rose water.
- Clean any dirt or dust present on the blister, applies the paste gently.
- Leave the paste for 20 minutes and then wash it off.
9.) Bandage to Treat Foot Blisters
Foot blisters are always vulnerable to popped up due to friction and any hard sudden contact. Bandages are helpful to protect the blisters not only from friction but also from infection, dirt and dust. The sticky chemicals used in bandages prevent the blisters from getting any air or oxygen, this will bring blister swelling. Make a “tent” of the bandage by bringing sticky ends together, the middle padded part should rise over the foot blisters. This way of using bandage will allow the blisters to breathe so that healing process accelerated.
10.) Chamomile to Cure Foot Blisters
Chamomile is one of the top remedies for foot blisters naturally due to its soothing as well as healing properties. It can also help in easing the pain and swelling of a foot blister.
- Prepare a concentrated chamomile tea and let it cool down to room temperature.
- Take a clean wash cloth and soak in the tea, wring the cloth to remove excess water.
- Apply the moist wash cloth on your foot blisters and keep doing it for 10 minutes.
- Do this process many times in a day to get fast relief from blisters.
11.) White Toothpaste to Get Rid of Foot Blisters
This is one of the best home remedies to get rid of foot blisters. The ingredients present in white toothpaste such as menthol, alcohol, hydrogen peroxide, and baking soda. It is a perfect choice to get instant relief from itchiness caused by blisters. Make sure you only use white toothpaste and not gel or whitening toothpaste. Follow the procedure given below to treat foot blisters.
- With the help of your fingers apply a thick layer of white toothpaste on the affected areas of the skin.
- Leave it for the next 2 hours.
- Clean the affected area with a wet cloth and then apply a small amount of petroleum jelly.
- Repeat this method 2 times per day until the blisters are gone completely.
12.) Ice Pack to Treat Foot Blisters
This is one of the most effective methods to treat foot blisters. Ice pack minimizes the inflammation and pain that is caused by foot blisters. It also prevents swelling that is caused by foot blisters. Follow the procedure given below to get rid of foot blisters completely.
- Take a cloth and wrap some ice cubes in it.
- Press this cloth gently against the foot blister.
- Do this several times until you get relief from the pain and inflammation.
- Reapply this ice pack in every few hours to get maximum relief.
13.) Peppermint Oil to Get Rid of Foot Blisters
This is one of the beneficial home remedies to get rid of foot blisters. The cool nature and anti-inflammatory properties of peppermint oil makes it an effective remedy to treat the pain and inflammation caused by foot blisters. The anti-bacterial properties present in peppermint oil reduce the chances of infections. Follow the procedure given below to treat foot blisters.
- With the help of your fingers, apply some peppermint on the foot blisters directly.
- Reapply this oil several times per day.
- Follow this treatment until the foot blisters are healed completely.
14.) Garlic Oil to Treat Foot Blisters
This is one of excellent home remedies to treat foot blisters. The anti-inflammatory nature of garlic oil gives relief from the pain and inflammation caused by foot blisters. Apart from all this benefits the anti-microbial properties of garlic oil prevents the affected area from infections. Follow the procedure given below to heal foot blisters completely.
- Take a few drops of garlic oil and apply it gently on the foot blisters.
- Reapply the oil several times in a day.
- Doing this treatment daily will heal the foot blisters completely.
15.) Lavender Oil to Get Rid of Foot Blisters
This is one of the best oils for the treatment of foot blisters. It is also very effective in treating various other skin problems. The anti-inflammatory properties present in lavender oil minimize the swelling, pain and inflammation caused by foot blisters. Lavender oil also prevents the spread of infection. Follow the procedure given below to heal the blisters completely.
- With the help of your fingers, apply lavender oil directly on the foot blisters.
- Reapply this lavender oil on the affected skin several times in a day.
- Repeating this treatment on a regular basis will give you maximum benefits.
16.) Hot Compress to Treat Foot Blisters
This is one of the best methods to treat foot blisters. The warmness increases the blood flow in the skin which in turn prevents the swelling in the foot. This is a wise option to get quick relief from swelling and pain caused by foot blisters. Follow the procedure given below to get rid of foot blisters completely.
- Take a heating pad or soak a cloth in hot water.
- Squeeze the excess water from the cloth and gently press it against the foot blister.
- Apply this hot compress directly on the affected area for about 10 minutes to get relief.
17.) Baking Soda to Get Rid of Foot Blisters
This is one of the most effective home remedies to get rid of foot blisters. The anti-inflammatory nature of baking soda gives quick relief from all the symptoms of foot blisters. Baking soda also contains anti-bacterial properties that prevent the infection that is caused by foot blisters. Follow the procedure given below to heal foot blisters completely.
- Mix a little amount of water in one tablespoon of baking soda to make a paste.
- Apply this baking soda paste directly on the foot blisters.
- Leave it for about half an hour.
- Clean the area with a damp cloth afterwards.
- Repeat this treatment on a regular basis to get rid of foot blisters completely.
18.) Yogurt to Treat Foot Blisters
This is one of the excellent home remedies to treat foot blisters. It not only reduces the size of the foot blisters but also minimizes the inflammation and itching caused by foot blisters. Follow the procedure given below to heal foot blisters completely.
- Apply a little amount of yogurt on the foot blisters directly.
- Leave it for about 15 to 30 minutes.
- Reapply yogurt in every few hours to reap maximum benefits.
- Repeat this treatment on a daily basis to heal foot blisters completely.
19.) Coconut Oil to Get Rid of Foot Blisters
This is one of the most effective home remedies to get rid of foot blisters. Coconut oil contains active ingredients such as lauric acid, capric acid and vitamin E that have analgesic and anti-inflammatory properties that give quick relief from the symptoms of foot blisters. Follow the procedure given below to heal foot blisters completely.
- Soak a cotton swap in coconut oil.
- Place this cotton swap on the foot blisters directly.
- Reapply this coconut oil several times on the affected areas of the skin.
- Repeat this method on a regular basis to heal foot blisters completely.
20.) Witch Hazel to Treat Foot Blisters
This is one of the excellent effective remedies to heal foot blisters completely. The tannins in witch hazel encourage skin regeneration and reduce the inflammation and pain caused by foot blisters. Its anti-inflammatory nature makes it even a more effective remedy. It also promotes quick healing. Witch hazel also tones down the swelling. Follow the procedure given below to get rid of foot blisters completely.
- In one teaspoon of almond oil, mix a few drops of turmeric oil.
- Mix a little amount of witch hazel in it.
- Spread a thin layer of this solution on foot blisters.
- Repeat this method two times per day for about 2 weeks to get rid of foot blisters completely.
Tips to Prevent Foot Blisters
- Don’t use duct tape on the blister to prevent further damage.
- Try to wear socks when you wear new shoes to prevent foot blisters.
- Don’t wear wet shoes and keep the foot as dry as possible.
- Don’t do exercises that can increase the problem.
- Avoid removing loose skin that covers the blister as it increases the chances of infection.
- When you wear strappy sandals, apply petroleum jelly on the feet to prevent foot blisters.