This article is about home remedies for foot odor removal. Foot odor is the problem which is more embarrassing than the problem of body odor. You become a center of attraction, when among a group of people. It is caused when your feet become moist because of sweat. It is mainly caused because of wearing the same socks for repetitive days. It does not mean that your feet can’t stink if you wear open slippers like flip flop. If you keep wearing same slippers for long, then also it can cause your feet to stink. If you sweat more, then you have increased chances of suffering with this problem. In this article, we are going to deal with the home remedies for foot odor removal. Just go through the article to know about the perfect home remedies for feet odor removal.
Causes of Foot Odor:
- Sweaty feet
- Poor ventilation for feet
- Tight footwear
- Warm or moist feet
- Poor hygiene
- Tight footwear
- Consuming Alcohol
- Athlete’s Foot
Home Remedies for Foot Odor Removal:
Here are the home remedies for feet odor removal. These remedies are easily available at your house, as you use them for some purpose or other. Or, you can easily convert the available ingredients into a remedy. Home remedies for feet order removal are:
1.) Baking Soda to Treat Foot Odor
Baking soda is good at removing the foot odor. It is good at killing the bacteria that cause the sweat to break and convert it into a stinky odor. Prepare a solution using baking soda to soak your feet and you get rid of the odor of the feet. It is one of the most effective remedies for foot odor removal.
- Take a bucket, half filled with lukewarm water.
- Add ¼ cup of baking soda to it.
- Mix it well and soak your feet in it.
- Soak your feet for 20 minutes and the smell is gone.
- Wash it off after that.
2.) Salt for Foot Odor Removal
Salt water is one of the easiest remedies for foot odor removal. Use salt to remove the stinky smell of the feet. Salt kills the bacteria that cause the odor. It acts in the same way as the baking soda does. Here also, you need to soak your feet in warm salt water and you get rid of foot odor. Follow the steps for the purpose:
- Take a bucket of warm water.
- It should be half of the bucket.
- Now add ½ cup of salt to it.
- Mix it and soak your feet for 30 minutes.
- Wash off after 30 minutes.
3.) Lavender Oil to Get Rid of Foot Odor
Lavender oil has its own natural fragrance. It not only add a good smell to feet, but also kills the bacteria and thus it is counted among the best remedies for odor removal. It also has the anti-fungal properties. What you have to do is:
- Take a bucket, half filled with warm water.
- Add a few drops of lavender oil to it.
- Now use it to soak your feet in it.
- Soak your feet for 20 minutes.
- Follow this remedy daily and you get rid of feet odor.
4.) Vinegar for Foot Odor Removal
Vinegar is a great anti-bacterial agent that is good at combating the foot odor by killing the bacteria leading to foot odor. It is thus one of the most successful home remedies for foot odor removal. Using it is easy:
- Take eight cups of warm water in a bucket.
- Add half cup of vinegar to it.
- Now soak your feet in it for 15 minutes.
- Do this on a daily basis and you get rid of it.
5.) Ginger to Get Rid of Foot Odor
Ginger has a lot of qualities that help it to stand out among the rest of the remedies for foot odor removal. It is anti-bacterial in nature that kills the bacteria and also detoxifies and kills the germs. It produces a protein in the skin that is helpful in fighting off the germs and acts as a protective shield against the bacteria. You can use it the following way:
- Take two inches of ginger and grate it well.
- Take the grated ginger and tie it up in a clean piece of cloth.
- Now, a glass of warm water and put that little bag in that and cover it with a lid.
- After 5-10 minutes, use the water to massage your feet.
6.) Black Tea for Removing Foot Odor
Black tea is also one of the most helpful remedies for foot odor remover. It has astringent properties and contains tannic acid. It is one of the most reliable remedies for foot odor removal. What you have to do is soak your feet in the bucket of water.
- Take a bucket half filled with warm water.
- Add some tea bags to it.
- Cover it and leave it for 10 minutes.
- Now soak your feet in the bucket for 20 minutes.
7.) Cloves to Treat Foot Odor
Cloves act as anti-fungal and antibacterial agents. Clove has a sweet smell that is used to fight off the smell of the feet. It is among the most valuable remedies for foot odor removal. Prepare a solution with it and get rid of the smell. What you have to do is:
- Take some clove and boil them in a pan of water.
- Now add the water to the bucket, half filled with water.
- Now soak your feet in it.
- Relax for 20 minutes and you have successfully treated the odor.
- Repeat the process daily for the best results.
8.) Tea Tree Oil for Foot Odor Removal
Tea tree oil fights fungal infection. It is best to use when the smell is because of athlete’s foot. It is one of the most amazing remedies for foot odor remover. Use it to massage your feet, but before that, you need to clean them properly. What you have to do is:
- Take some water in the foot basin.
- Now soak your feet in the water.
- Use some shampoo that will clean your feet properly and moisturize it.
- Now pat dry your feet with a towel.
- Be careful as athlete’s foot is contagious.
- Now apply a few drops of tea tree oil and give your feet a massage.
9.) Borax to eliminate Foot Odor
Borax is used to eliminate odor and kills the bacteria using it. What you have to do is prepare a spray using it. You need vinegar to be a companion of borax to make a spray for your shoes. Follow the steps to make a spray:
- Take half cup of borax and]half cup of vinegar.
- Add it to two cups of water.
- Now pour the solution in the bottle and your spray is ready.
- Now, use the spray inside the shoes.
10.) Sage to Treat Foot Odor
Sage is another remedy to treat the foot odor by acting on shoes and socks. It has antibacterial and anti-fungal properties that treat the foot odor. It also helps reduce the sweat. It is among the most useful remedies for foot odor removal. What you have to do is keep the dried ground sage in your socks and shoes and it will absorb the odor from it.
11.) Alum for Foot Odor Removal
You can also use alum to treat foot odor. This is one of the most amazing remedies for foot odor removal. Just follow the given steps to use it:
- Take a cup of warm water and add some alum powder to it.
- Use the solution to wash your feet.
- After washing your feet, leave them for 20 minutes.
- Now, sprinkle some alum powder on your feet.
- Doing it once a day will help you get rid of foot odor.
12.) Sugar to Avoid Foot Odor
You can also make a sugar sugar to treat foot odor. using it regularly will also help you get clean feet and will also restrict the formation of calluses. What you have do is:
- Mix some water and isopropyl alcohol. (The ratio of the quantity of both the ingredients should be 5:1)
- Add some sugar, a little more than the quantity of water.
- Mix the ingredients well and use it to scrub your feet.
- It will remove the dead cells and bacteria causing odor.
- Do it for 10 minutes and then wash your feet with lukewarm water.
- Do it thrice a week for best results.