A baby is the most delicate creature on this earth. They need a lot of attention along with love and affection. Gas in the stomach is a very common problem that almost everyone experiences during their childhood. Though, people rarely pay concern on the gas pain at the initial stage. But, when gas cannot pass easily, then this problem leads to severe pain and other symptoms, which becomes uncontrollable and intolerable for the toddlers. This condition basically happens with the children of small age. It is easily curable by using the various home remedies for gas pain in toddlers.
Causes of Gas Pain in Toddlers:
- Causes of Gas Pain in Toddlers:
- Symptoms of Gas Pain in Toddlers:
- Home Remedies for Gas Pain in Toddlers:
- 1.) Asafetida for Gas Pain in Toddlers
- 2.) Exercise for Gas Pain in Toddlers
- 3.) Massage for Gas Pain in Toddlers
- 4.) Warm Compress for Gas Pain in Toddlers
- 5.) Fennel for Gas Pain in Toddlers
- 6.) Chamomile for Gas Pain in Toddlers
- 7.) Cumin Seeds for Gas Pain in Toddlers
- 8.) Water for Gas Pain in Toddlers
- 9.) Fiber Rich Foods for Gas Pain in Toddlers
- 10.) Eliminate the Foods Causing Triggers
- Few Other Ways to Reduce Gas Pain in Toddlers:
- Usage of antibiotic medications.
- Lactose intolerance.
- Eating foods that elevate the flatulence level.
- Not chewing the food properly while eating.
- Drinking less amount of water.
- Swallowing excessive air while drinking and eating.
- The immature digestive tract that causes the rapid movement of the food through the digestive tract. Also, when the digestive tract does not take adequate time during the time of absorption, then that may also cause the gas pain in toddlers.
Symptoms of Gas Pain in Toddlers:
- Bloating pain
- Frequent burning sensation.
- In infants, you can figure out the gas pain with the help of their cry. If they cry more frantically and louder then remember there is something happening wrong with them.
Home Remedies for Gas Pain in Toddlers:
Few natural treatments can help the toddlers to recover soon from the gas pain. Here are various home remedies for gas pain in toddlers that you may follow to cure gas pain and reduce gas in the stomach.
1.) Asafetida for Gas Pain in Toddlers
Asafetida is an excellent gas pain reliever as it contains antiflatulent properties that help in providing the relief from burning sensation in the stomach. It also provides great help in the process of digestion. To prepare this remedy, follow these steps:
- Take one teaspoon of warm water and dissolve a pinch of asafetida powder in it.
- Mix it well.
- Now, apply this paste around child’s navel. Apply it in the navel of a child in a clockwise direction.
- Another alternate way is to add a small amount of asafetida powder in the mashed banana. Just let your child eat it at least 2 times in a day.
- If your baby is an infant and you are breastfeeding him. Then, you simply start drinking the ½ teaspoon of asafetida powder and warm water solution twice a day.
2.) Exercise for Gas Pain in Toddlers
A child who remains indulge in physical activities will have fewer chances of gas pain. For this try out these exercises given below.
- Between feedings, make your child exercise in a gentle cycling motion. This motion helps in creating the pressure on the stomach of the toddlers that in turn help in expelling the gas from the stomach.
- Keep your child indulge in moderate exercises like running, jogging, walking and dancing.
- Remember to keep a gap of at least one hour between feeding and exercise. Also, do not let your child lie down instantly after eating.
3.) Massage for Gas Pain in Toddlers
Massaging helps in providing the relief in the gas pain. It even allows the trapped gas to come out of the intestine. To perform this massage, follow these steps:
- Rub some warm essential oil like mustard or olive oil on your hands.
- Now, gently massage the toddler’s tummy with this warm oil in a clockwise direction for 2-3 minutes.
- After this massage the back of toddlers for 2 minutes. This massage helps in relieving the gas pain and promote a sound sleep.
- Repeat this process several times a day.
4.) Warm Compress for Gas Pain in Toddlers
A warm compress can provide great relief in gas pain in toddlers. The warm temperature of the compress helps in releasing the gas from the stomach. It also helps in providing a great relief in the gas pain. To prepare this remedy, follow these steps:
- Soak a soft towel in hot water and wring out the excessive amount of water from the cloth.
- Now, place this warm towel on your child’s belly.
- When the temperature of towel gets normal, just replace it with a new one.
- Repeat this process at least 3-4 times a day.
5.) Fennel for Gas Pain in Toddlers
Fennel is one of the most beneficial seeds that helps in relieving digestive problems like gas pain in toddlers. It even contains carminative and antispasmodic properties that help in releasing the trapped gas and provide great relief in the pain. It also prevents the formation of gas in the belly. To prepare this remedy, follow these steps:
- Just take 4 cups of water in a container and add 1½ teaspoons of fennel seeds in it. Boil it for 10 minutes. Once it gets cool in temperature, then simply give it to your child in small doses. Give them this solution at least 2-3 times in a day.
- Breastfeeding mothers can also drink this solution.
- Give the ½ teaspoon of roasted fennel seeds to your child, if he can chew these seeds. Do this a few times in a day to provide relief from the gas pain in toddlers.
6.) Chamomile for Gas Pain in Toddlers
Chamomile is one of the most effective home remedies for gas pain in toddlers. It can fight from common stomach ailments easily. It contains various types of chemicals and ingredients in it that help in reducing intestinal gas and stomach pain. This herb also provides the soothing effect in the digestive tract, that in turn helps in improving the digestion. These flowers also help in preventing the gas formation in the stomach. To prepare this remedy, follow these steps:
- Take a cup of hot water and add ½ teaspoon of dried chamomile flowers in it.
- Cover the container with a lid and steep it for 10 minutes.
- Strain it, and add a little raw honey in the solution.
- Now, allow this solution to cool down to the room temperature.
- Give your child one teaspoon chamomile tea at least 2-3 times a day.
7.) Cumin Seeds for Gas Pain in Toddlers
This Ayurvedic remedy is used to prevent the gas formation. It also provides ease in the digestion.
- Take ½ teaspoon of cumin seeds and add it to the container of water. Boil this solution for 5 minutes.
- Allow this solution to cool down completely.
- Give 1 tablespoon of this solution few times a day to your child.
8.) Water for Gas Pain in Toddlers
Your child must drink an adequate amount of water in a day. Keep him hydrated all the time. Water helps in making your body function properly. It even expel the gas and prevent the problem like constipation.
9.) Fiber Rich Foods for Gas Pain in Toddlers
Make your child eat foods rich in fibers. It helps in flushing out the harmful toxins. It also helps in moving the food faster in the intestine. It provides ease in the digestive system while preventing constipation and gas pain.
10.) Eliminate the Foods Causing Triggers
- There are few foods that can cause gas it includes cauliflower, cabbage, kale, broccoli, beans, onions, peas, peaches, pears, and prunes. Avoid your child to eat such foods.
- Also, avoid foods that contain a high amount of fat and sugar contents. They are very unhealthy for the health of a child and can lead to gas pain in toddlers.
- Also don’t allow your child to drink carbonated drinks.
- It is very important that the breastfeeding mothers must avoid hot and spicy foods.
Few Other Ways to Reduce Gas Pain in Toddlers:
Here are few other ways that you may follow to reduce gas pain in toddlers:
1.) Always Adjust Feedings:
It is very important to keep in mind when did the last time you feed your toddler? Also, never overfeed the toddler. Always hold them upright after feeding them. Let the child burp at the same time.
2.) Move Your Toddler:
Whenever you feel that your toddler is having a gas pain and he/she is crying frantically, then try to move their legs as if he/she is pedaling a bicycle. Move their legs slowly and gently in the clockwise and anticlockwise direction to provide them relief from gas pain.
3.) Give Massage:
Try to rub the stomach of your child slowly. Take them on your lap and pat their back slowly. Also, yu may use essential oils and provide a goody body massage.
4.) Apply Heat:
Whenever you sense your toddler crying frantically due to gas pain, then simply apply warm towel on their stomach. Also, remember that the towel must not be high in the temperature as it may cause burning sensation on their belly.
5.) Review Feeding:
It is really important to review feeding to find out the root cause of gain pain toddlers. You must focus on why is it happening? If you are breastfeeding, then keep there is no need to keep an eye on the diet you follow. Remember mother’s diet may do not have a direct impact on the gas pain in toddlers. But, still be aware of what you are having because if you get ill, then it can create a huge impact on the health of your child. Also, if your child gets gas pain after drinking milk, then simply consult a doctor to diagnose the problem.