Wisdom teeth are the last set of molars that generally appear in the twenties. It might occur after the twenties also. The tooth has nothing to do with wisdom. Since it is last teeth so it may or may not aligned properly. Poor alignment of wisdom teeth can spoil the alignment of teeth around it and jaw bones. However, this can not be treated at home so you have to visit your dentist to correct the alignment. But what can be cured at home is the severe pain and swelling caused due to it. Read more to know home remedies to get relief from wisdom tooth pain.
Symptoms of Wisdom Tooth:
- Swelling and irritation in the gums.
- Bad breath
- Difficulty while chewing or biting.
- A headache and pain in teeth.
Home Remedies to Get Relief from Wisdom Tooth Pain:
1.) Peppermint to Get Relief from Wisdom Tooth Pain
The herb is packed with the anesthetic properties that reduce the pain. Also, it inhibits the growth of the bacteria in the mouth that leads to infection.
How to Use Peppermint to Treat Wisdom Tooth Pain?
- Gently massage peppermint oil on the painful area. Leave it on, then rinse it with warm salty water after a few minutes.
- Alternatively, you can use peppermint and warm water solution as a mouthwash.
- Spit the solution after swishing it around the tongue and teeth, don’t swallow it.
2.) Clove to Get Relief from Wisdom Tooth Pain
Clove is loaded with the medicinal properties which help to treat the inflammation, pain and toothache. It numbs the pain and provides you instant relief. It helps you to get rid of the further infection also. Both clove oils and clove buds are useful.
How to Use Clove to Treat Wisdom Tooth Pain?
- Apply clove oil over the wisdom tooth and around gums with the help of the cotton ball.
- You can also dilute the oil by mixing some olive oil in it.
- Also, you can place clove buds around the wisdom tooth to get rid of the pain.
- Do any of the remedies 2-3 times a day until the pain subsides.
3.) Garlic to Get Relief from Wisdom Tooth Pain
The anti-inflammatory, antioxidants and medicinal properties present in the garlic helps to eliminate the pain and inflammation caused due to the wisdom tooth. Plus, it prevents the growth of bacteria in the mouth.
Different Ways of Using Garling to Cure Wisdom Tooth Pain:
- Chew 1-2 cloves of garlic to cure the pain.
- Also, crush 1-2 garlic cloves and mix black salt in it. Apply this mixture on the painful area. Leave it for 3-4 minutes and then spit it out.
- Or, you can place crushed garlic clove over the affected area.
- Do any of this remedies 1-2 times a day until the pain and inflammation is alienated completely.
4.) Guava Leaves to Get Relief from Wisdom Tooth Pain
Guava leaves are believed to be toothache relievers. They have antispasmodic properties that treat the pain. Moreover, the anti-inflammatory, analgesic and antimicrobial properties present in the guava leaves works as additional advantage
Different Ways of Using Guava Leave:
- Chew guava leaves.
- Or in a cup of water boil a few guava leaves for 5-7 minutes.
- Strain the water and leave it to cool at the room temperature.
- Use this water as a mouth wash.
- Use it 2-3 times a day until the pain is eliminated.
5.) Salt to Get Relief from Wisdom Tooth Pain
Salt, helps to reduce the pain and inflammation in the teeth and around the gums. It also, inhibits the growth of the bacteria which causes infection.
How to Use Salt to Prevent Wisdom Tooth Pain?
- In a cup of water mix a teaspoon of salt. Use it to swish around the teeth and tongue.
- Alternatively, mix equal amounts of pepper and salt, add a little water in it to make a paste.
- Apply this paste on the affected area. Leave it for a few minutes and then rinse it off with warm water.
- Do it regularly to eliminate the wisdom tooth pain.
6.) Onion to Get Relief from Wisdom Tooth
The antiseptic, antimicrobial and antibacterial property present in the onion comes handy for treating the wisdom tooth pain. Also, it kills the bacteria that lead infection in the mouth.
How to Use Onion to Get Rid of Wisdom Tooth Pain?
- Chew raw onion for a few minutes.
- If you are not able to chew then place raw onion on the affected area. Onion juice will also solve your problem.
7.) Sage to Get Relief from Wisdom Tooth Pain
The antibiotic and anti-inflammatory properties present in sage makes it a natural pain reliever. Also, it can help you to treat the gum disease and bleeding gums.
How to Use Sage for Treating Wisdom Tooth Pain?
- In a small glass mix a teaspoon of salt and crushed sage.
- In the same glass pour some vodka or whisky.
- Use this solution to swish around the teeth and tongue. Don’t swallow this solution, spit it after a few minutes.
- Do this 2-3 times a day to treat the pain.
8.) Wheatgrass to Get Relief from Wisdom Tooth Pain
Wheatgrass is natural antibiotic; therefore, it helps to kill the bacteria and reduces the pain. It is a wonderful remedy for swelling in gums as well.
How to Use Wheatgrass for Widom Tooth Pain Treatment?
- Chew a few fresh wheatgrass. Don not swallows them; spit it out after chewing it thoroughly.
- Alternatively, substitute wheatgrass juice with your regular mouthwash.
- Do this several times a day until the pain subsides.
9.) Asafoetida to Get Relief from Wisdom Tooth Pain
Asafoetida is used from ages to treat tooth and stomach related problems. The herb has antibacterial, antiseptic and anti-inflammatory properties that help you to get rid of wisdom tooth pain and inflammation.
How to Use Asafoetida for Wisdom Tooth Pain Treatment?
- Place some asafoetida over the affected area.
- Or, mix a pinch of asafoetida powder in the lime juice. Warm the mixture and with the help of cotton ball apply for it over the painful area.
10.) Vanilla Extract to Get Relief from Wisdom Tooth Pain
Vanilla extract has antioxidants properties combined with low levels of alcohol. This can help you to treat the pain and inflammation around the wisdom teeth and gum.
How to Use Vanilla Extracts to Cure Wisdom Toothache?
- With the help of cotton ball apply vanilla extracts over the painful area.
- Leave the cotton ball for some minutes.
- Repeat this several times a day.
11.) Baking Soda to Get Relief from Wisdom Tooth Pain
How to Use Baking Soda to Treat Wisdom Tooth Pain?
- In a small bowl add coin size toothpaste and a half tablespoon of baking soda. Mix it thoroughly.
- Apply this mixture on the affected tooth. Leave it on for a few minutes and ten rinse it off with warm water.
- You can also use the same mixture to brush your teeth.
12.) ACV to Get Relief from Wisdom Tooth Pain
Apple cider vinegar helps to treat all dental problems such as swelling in gums, yellow teeth and toothache as well. It has an anti-inflammatory property that prevents the inflammation and the pain. All you have to do is dip a cotton in the ACV and place it on the affected tooth.
Tips to Get Relief from Wisdom Tooth Pain
- Apply an ice pack over the cheek against the wisdom tooth.
- Regularly do oil pulling.
- Brush your teeth regularly and don’t forget to floss.
- Avoid hot, spicy and sweet food.
- Drink plenty of water.