After writing, how to get rid of a cough?, we are now writing home remedies for hay fever treatment. Suffering from cold, sneezing, runny nose and congestion is a very common problem among people. Actually, these are the symptoms of hay fever. If you want to get rid of these symptoms, then use home remedies for hay fever treatment. About 20 percent of the United States people suffer from hay fever in each year.
Hay fever is also known as “Allergic Rhinitis” as it is a very common allergic condition which leads to airborne substances like pollen and dust. Hay fever causes cold-like symptoms such as itchy eyes, runny nose, sneezing, congestion and sinus pressure. This problem affects both men and women and also it affects infants. Some factors that cause hay fever are dust, cat saliva, pollen, cigarette, cold temperatures, high pollution, exposure to chemicals and fumes. There are some over the counter nasal sprays and decongestants to reduce hay fever. You can use home remedies for hay fever treatment as they are very effective and beneficial.
Symptoms of Hay Fever:
Causes of Hay Fever:
- Having an allergic reaction. In hay fever, the substance you are allergic to is pollen.
- Use of tobacco smoke.
- People with suffering from asthma also have hay fever.
- Genetics problem
How Do You Get Hay Fever?
Hay fever is not a serious illness but can disturb your daily work. When your body comes into contact with allergens, it releases histamine into your system. The histamine chemical affects the mucous membranes of the nose, sinuses, throat, eyes and palate that causes cold-like symptoms.
Home Remedies for Hay Fever Treatment:
Hay fever is very common in infants and small children. In the US, nearly 15 to 20 percent population is suffering from hay fever in a year. Here are some remedies to treat hay fever.
1.) Apple Cider Vinegar for Hay Fever Treatment
Steps to Use ACV to Get Rid of Hay Fever Fast:
- Take a glass of water and add one teaspoon of organic apple cider vinegar in it.
- Extract lemon juice from lemon and add one teaspoon of lemon juice and one-half tablespoon of honey to it. Drink it 3 times daily to get relief from hay fever symptoms.
2.) Honey to Get Rid of Hay Fever Naturally
Honey is one of the best natural remedies for hay fever treatment. Due to having bee pollen in honey, it helps to treat hay fever effectively. And also due to its antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties, it gives relief from hay fever. It can reduce the sensitivity of your body’s immune system to other pollens.
Steps to Use Honey to Treat Hay Fever Fast & Naturally:
- Intake of one to two teaspoons of raw honey 3 to 4 times a day helps to relieve hay fever symptoms.
- You can also add one teaspoon of honey and 3 to 4 drops of fresh lemon juice in a glass of warm water.
- Drink this solution immediately to fight off symptoms of hay fever. Do this 2 times daily to increase your immune system.
3.) Ginger to Treat Hay Fever Naturally & Fast
Ginger works as a natural antihistamine and also it helps to strengthen the immune system. Ginger is effective and powerful natural anti-inflammatory remedy that helps to reduce nasal swelling and other symptoms of hay fever.
Steps to Use Ginger to Cure Hay Fever Fast:
- Take small pieces of fresh ginger root and sprinkle some salt on it.
- Then chew this ginger to get relief from a cough, runny nose and even headache.
- You can also prepare a ginger tea and drink it daily for several days for faster recovery.
- To make the ginger tea, boil a cup of water and add grated ginger into it then boil again for 5 minutes.
- Strain the tea and add a lemon juice and a little honey in it. Drink this hot tea for effective results.
4.) Intake of Vitamin C to Fight Hay Fever Fast
Vitamin C works as a natural antihistamine and can be found in lemons, oranges and grapefruit.
Steps to Use Vitamin C to Prevent Hay Fever:
- Due to the presence of bioflavonoids Vitamin C has powerful anti- allergy effects.
- The combination of both bioflavonoids and vitamin C helps to alleviate symptoms.
- Oranges are known for a good dose of vitamin C and you can also take vitamin C supplement.
5.) Onion as a Home Remedy for Hay Fever Treatment
Onion contains quercetin, anti-inflammatory and a natural antihistamine property that can reduce symptoms of hay fever-like a runny nose, cough and sore throat.
Steps to Use Onion to Get Rid of Hay Fever Fast:
- Take an onion and cut it into slices, chew freshly and then swallow slowly. Do this remedy throughout the day until you get relief.
- An alternate method, mix 3 to 4 tablespoons of onion juice in a glass of warm water. Gargle with this solution several times a day.
- You can also add one-half teaspoon of onion juice and 1 teaspoon of pure honey. To eliminate a sore throat and cough drinks this solution twice daily for several days.
6.) Turmeric to Cure Hay Fever Naturally
Turmeric has curcumin, a phytochemical, with anti-inflammatory and powerful antioxidant properties that can help to prevent several hay fever symptoms. It also helps to remove allergens from the body.
Steps to Use Turmeric to Fight Hay Fever Fast:
- Add one teaspoon of turmeric powder in a glass of hot milk.
- Drink this milk for one to two weeks. It will help to boost your immune system and also loosen the mucus in the body.
- An alternate method is you can also make a mixture by adding 6 teaspoons of turmeric powder and raw honey. Have one teaspoon of this mixture 2 times daily.
7.) Salt Water to Get Rid of Hay Fever Fast:
Salt water is good and effective home remedy for hay fever treatment. It will help to remove the mucus, clear the nasal passages and also give relief from a sore throat.
Steps to Use Salt Water to Treat Hay Fever:
- Add one-half teaspoon of table salt in 2 cups of warm water.
- Tilt your head back then by using a dropper puts a few drops of this solution in each nostril. Breath in slowly (inhale) and then blow your nose to eliminate excess mucus and solution.
- Repeat this remedy 2 times a day until your bad condition improves.
- An alternate method is you can gargle by adding one teaspoon of salt in a glass of water. Follow this procedure a few times daily until you get relief.
8.) Steam for Hay Fever Treatment Fast
To treat hay fever symptoms like a sore throat, runny nose and sneezing steam are the best way to get relief from hay fever. It will also help to remove excess mucus that causes sneezing and runny nose.
Steps to Use Steam to Reduce Hay Fever Fast:
- Boil some water and add a few drops of menthol crystals or eucalyptus into it.
- By covering your head with a towel, hold your face over the bowl to inhale the steam for 10 minutes.
- Then blow your nose to wipe out the mucus. Do this remedy 3 to 4 times daily until you recover.
9.) Garlic to Get Rid of Hay Fever Naturally
Garlic provides a good source of quercetin, a natural antihistamine, antiseptic and antibacterial properties to recover hay fever quickly. Garlic is also a natural antibiotic that can wipe out several symptoms of hay fever.
Steps to Use Garlic to Avoid Hay Fever Fast:
- Take 2 to 3 garlic cloves and chew them for 1 to 2 weeks to recover the symptoms of hay fever.
- You can also take garlic soup.
- To prepare the soup boil one cup of water and mix 3 to 4 cloves of chopped garlic into it.
- Then add some honey in this solution and strain it. Drink it for one week for better results.
10.) Nettle to Treat Hay Fever Fast
Nettle is a herb which is considered highly effective to cure hay fever. Due to having natural antihistamine, nettle can help to reduce inflammation, coughing, congestion, itching and sneezing.
Steps to Use Nettle for Hay Fever Treatment Fast:
- Boil a cup of water and add one teaspoon of dried nettle leaf into it.
- Steep this solution for 5 minutes and strain it.
- Then add a little honey to it.
- Drink this tea 2 to 3 times daily until your hay fever goes away.
- You can also take nettle capsules if nettle leaves are not available by consulting a doctor.