In this article, we will discuss home remedies for head lice. Brushes that are shared just after use probably pose the potential risk of indirect (not head to head) transmission of live lice. Some people take lice in a wrong way that they host our head due to dirty hair. The main reasons for head lice to bother you are found to be sharing of personal items. Lice could crawl from head to other objects that you wear on your head like helmets, scarves, caps, clothing, etc.
Home Remedies For Head Lice:
1.) Petroleum Jelly to Treat Head Lice
- Petroleum jelly can have an excellent effect on parasitic lice.
- Just, apply a thick layer of petroleum jelly on scalp and massage thoroughly, remember that you should cover head either with a towel or shower cap before going to sleep.
- Next morning washes your hair with baby oil to remove petroleum jelly. Then just comb your hair to remove dead lice.
2.) Mixer of Salt and Vinegar to Cure Head Lice
- Mix ¼ cup of salt to ¼ of vinegar completely.
- Make a sprayer of this mixer and spray on the hair until it becomes slightly wet.
- Put a shower cap for at least 3 hours and then wash it with conditioner.
- Don’t forget to comb your hair after the wash, this will eradicate lice from your head.
3.) Mayonnaise to Get Rid of Head Lice
- Put a thick layer of mayonnaise on the hair and massage thoroughly.
- Now, put a shower cap and leave it for around 8-12 hours. The better way of doing it is before going to bed.
- Wash the hair 4-5 times, mayonnaise have a property to suffocate the live lice, and it also loosens the glue.
4.) Garlic to Get Rid of Head Lice
- Make a thick paste of garlic juice adding some oil or green tea.
- Massage the hair thoroughly with it and put a shower cap for about an hour.
- Then just wash hair with regular shampoo then apply conditioner. Repeat the remedy once in a month.
5.) Baby Oil for Head Lice Treatment
- Comb your hair after applying baby oil, you will see lice falling off due to actions caused by baby oil. Then wash hair with hot water.
- Before going to sleep put some vinegar on the hair and leave it overnight.
- In the morning, just wash hair with normal shampoo and apply conditioner.
6.) Azadirachta Indica (Neem) to Remove Head Lice
- Neem oil seems to be useful to incapacitate the lice from biting and eating.
- Bitter scent of neem produce an environment that is purely off the head lice and they die.
- Comb the after applying neem oil to remove the dead lice then wash your hair with normal shampoo.
7.) Coconut Oil to Get Rid of Head Lice
- Before applying coconut oil, take some apple cider vinegar and apply it on the hair.
- Leave the hair for some time and then massage the entire scalp with coconut oil. Put a shower cap and leave it overnight.
- In the morning, comb the hair to remove dead lice and then wash the head with normal shampoo.
- Coconut has properties to obstruct the growth of head lice, it also prevents them to move freely on the scalp.
8.) Sesame Seed Oil to Avoid Head Lice
- Take some sesame seed oil and add some neem oil to it, also mix a small amount of tea tree oil.
- Rinse your hair with apple cider vinegar, then apply the mixer on the hair and leave it for few hours.
- Put a shower cap or towel to cover the head. Don’t forget to comb the hair to remove the dead lice from the head.
9.) White Vinegar for Head Lice Treatment
- Vinegar contains acetic acid that has the capability to destroy lice. They cannot withstand against vinegar.
- Add equal parts of vinegar and water in a bowl, make sure the solution will be diluted.
- Apply the solution on the hair and put a shower cap after that, wait for at least 2 hours.
- Comb the hair to remove the dead lice completely from your hair.
10.) Salt to Get Rid of Head Lice
- Take some water in a sprayer and add some salt in it and mix the solution well.
- Spray on the hair until it becomes wet, put a shower cap to cover the head.
- Wait for at least 2 hours and then just comb your hair to remove dead lice.
11.) Lemon Juice and Butter to Cure Head Lice
- Add 1 part of butter to 3 parts to the lemon juice, mix the solution well.
- Apply the mixer on the hair and wait for 20 minutes to allow the solution to work on head lice.
- After that, you can comb your hair, but combing is not necessary.
12.) Tea Tree Oil for Head Lice Treatment
- This method is inexpensive and has been benefited many people to get rid of head lice.
- Put 6-8 drops of tea tree oil in your shampoo bottle.
- You will not find any bad smell in shampoo after adding it.
- When you dry your hair smell is almost negligible. Lice don’t like the tree oil mixed in shampoo and as a result of this, they won’t make your head their home in the future.
13.) Olive Oil to Get Rid of Head Lice
- Olive oil bets smothering agent for lice.
- It needs to be applied overnight, under a shower cap to suffocate the lice. Lice can’t live without breath for hours.
- You also have to comb your hair, but don’t worry. Olive oil will you to loosen the grip of lice from the hair shafts.
14.) Guava Leaves to Remove Head Lice
- Make a paste of turmeric powder and grind leaves of guava in a bowl.
- Just the apply the prepared paste on your hair, put a shower cap to cover the head and leave it overnight.
- In the next morning, wash the hair with water. Repeat the steps only once in a week.
15.) Alum and Water Solution for Head Lice Treatment
- This is a simple home remedy to get rid of lice and useful too.
- Take 3 grams of alum and make a solution with the ½ liter of water.
- Apply the solution to the entire scalp and massage well, put a shower cap to cover the head.
- leave it for the whole night, next morning just rinses your hair with water and apply normal shampoo.