After writing, how to get rid of a migraine fast?, home remedies to treat pain, and how to get rid of lower back pain?, we are now writing the natural home remedies for headache treatment quickly. Medicines are available out there at the medical stores for a headache. But, the home remedies for headache treatment will be sufficient to eliminate the worry of medicinal overdose (if taken in large quantity). Aspirin is a very famous and common medicine for a headache since last three decades.
All types of headaches do not require a medical attention, but in some cases, you need to go for a medical checkup. Home remedies for a headache treatment are enough to cure the problem. If the problem is periodic or it occur due to the busy schedule or from work tension. Frustration works tension, and hectic lifestyle all are responsible for a headache. If your mind keeps revolving around these mind freak agents then it will lead to a headache.
Types of Headache:
- Migraine: A migraine could be moderate to a severe throbbing in the head. Most of the people with a migraine have pain on one side of the head. But, some people also suffer pain on both sides of the head.
- Tension Headache: This is a common type of headache pain usually occurs due to tension. It is characterized by tightness on both sides of the head and sometimes on the neck.
- Cluster Headache: A cluster headache occurs rapidly over a short period of time with severe pain. This type of headache can last from 30 minutes to hours. the pain is mainly around the eye region.
Natural Home Remedies for Headache Treatment:
1.) Use The Ginger Tea
Ginger root not doubt is the most effective home remedy to get rid of a headache naturally. It has magical properties to control migraine headaches.
- Put 3 cups of water in a bowl and add 4-5 small sized slices of crushed of ginger root to it.
- Bring it to boil for about 20-25 minutes on a medium flame to prepare the tea.
- Take the tea while it is hot. This will help you the same extent as aspirin works.
- Using ginger as a remedy will also eliminate the risk of overdose, which is the main concern while taking aspirin.
2.) Drink The Chamomile Tea
Chamomile tea contains the ingredients to help you to treat the pain and make you feel relaxed after having it. You should drink chamomile tea whenever you are having a headache.
- Add one chamomile tea bag to one cup of water and bring it to the boil.
- Boil it on a medium flame for few minutes, strain it and then add honey to the tea.
- Drink the tea twice a day to get rid of a headache naturally.
3.) Menthol Balm Will Help
Menthol balm gives a cooling effect that makes a headache disappear. The menthol balm has an active ingredient that comes from mint to treat a headache instantly. It has long been used to fight against a headache and migraine.
- Take a small amount of menthol balm on your fingers and then massage your forehead properly for 5-10 minutes.
- Some people also recommend it to apply under your feet this won’t make any difference in the healing process.
4.) Take Help From Rosemary
Rosemary contains anti-inflammatory properties can be very useful in the effective home treatment of headaches. You should try massaging your head with a little rosemary oil to instantly reduce the pain. Prepare a rosemary tea and have it while the tea is hot, this will give you some relief from the pain. Massaging the forehead with the rosemary oil will also help you. Massage your forehead by applying 2-3 drops of rosemary essential oil gently. After rubbing the oil, sit at a place for about five minutes to allow the remedy work.
5.) Make Use of Cinnamon
Cinnamon is a wonderful spice that can effectively home remedy for headaches quickly. If a headache is combined with common cold then cinnamon is particularly great a remedy to treat both problems. Its effect enhances, when it taken with milk.
- Take a bowl, add two cups of milk and then add 2-3 teaspoons of cinnamon to it.
- Bring the mixer to boil for at least 3-4 minutes on a medium flame.
- After preparing the solution, add one teaspoon of honey to it.
- Drink this cinnamon tea at least twice to cure a headache instantly without any medication.
6.) Peppermint Oil Will Help
Peppermint not only has a refreshing scent but it also helps open up blocked blood vessels causing a headache. It has menthol which aids regulate a good blood flow in the body.
- Take a medium sized bowl and fill water in it, bring it to become hot. Turn off the flame and take off the bowl, add at least 5-6 drops of peppermint oil.
- Inhale the steam by covering the bowl and face with a towel. This will help to expand and contract the vessels for blood flow quickly and will reduce the pain.
- You can also massage with peppermint oil onto your forehead and temples.
7.) Eat Some Apple
You have certainly heard the phrase “An apple a day keeps the doctor away”. This time, you have to try apple to prove the phrase. The truth is apple is one of the best home remedies to treat a headache. It has properties to balance the acid and alkaline in the body to give you a sense of relief from a headache. Consume an apple on the regular basis to prevent a headache and other diseases. Apple helps the body to fight against harmful foreign agents.
8.) Make Use of Cayenne Pepper
Cayenne is one of the most effective home remedies for headache naturally. It will make you go crazy if you consume it, but the fact is something different from what people think. Cayenne properties are considered to be a way to get rid of a headache.
- Take a ½ teaspoon of finely ground cayenne and add 4-5 cups of warm water in it, to make a dilute solution.
- Soak the solution in a cotton ball and then softly apply inside the nostril. The burning sensation reduces a headache and you will be fine.
9.) Lavender Oil for Headache Treatment
For a headache and migraine pain lavender oil is extremely useful with incredible medical properties. The added advantage of using lavender oil is that it smell great. You can inhale or apply the lavender oil to get rid of a headache.
- Boil 3-4 cups of water on a medium flame in a bowl. Turn off the flame and put out he bowl, add 2-4 drops of lavender oil in this boiling water.
- Inhale the vapors of lavender oil to eliminate the pain. It can also be applied directly without adding in boiling water.
- Make sure you do not inhale the lavender oil as it is strictly not recommended to be taken orally.
10.) Use The Warm Compress
Heat is known to provide relief from all kinds of muscle problems. It is also effective in relieving your headache. As the heat relaxes the mind and lowers stress. You can use a warm compress for instant relief. All you have to do is follow the steps below:
- Take a warm bottle or a heating pad and apply it on your head and lower neck area.
- Keep it there for some time, until there is a sense of relief.
- Alternatively, you could also prepare a hot water bath and immerse your body in it.
11.) Use Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar is effective home remedy treat a tension based headache. It is effective in keeping up the balance of acid-alkaline in the body. It can help enhance the treatment process in the long run. To use it to ward off a headache, just follow the steps mentioned below:
- Either put a few drops of an apple cider vinegar in boiling water and take its steam, covering yourself with a towel.
- Mix 2 – 3 tsp of apple cider vinegar in water and drink it daily. Consume it 3 – 4 times in a day.
- You could also apply the water and apple cider vinegar solution on the head with the help of a towel.
12.) Apply The Ice Pack
The ice pack is known as the best home remedy for a headache. Cold from ice helps to reduce inflammation that causes a headache. It helps to give you relief from a headache. During a headache dip the washcloth in ice-cold water and then place it on your head for 5 to 10 minutes. The Same remedy can also help you to treat a migraine. Apply an ice pack on the back of your neck to get relief from a migraine headache.
13.) Sip Some Green Tea
The antioxidant properties can get rid of a headache appearing from tension. It will also help relax your mind and provide a soothing relief. All you have to do is to drink at least 3 -4 cups daily. You will be surprised at the results. It will not only provide you fast relief but will also prevent it from happening anytime in the future. It will also help enhance your skin radiance.
14.) Eat Some Almonds
Go nuts! No, not literally but consume by almonds. Almonds are effective in treating headache as well. The presence of salicin is what makes it an instant pain reliever. It also contains many essential nutrients and vitamins. Just take a handful of them and eat them directly. Chew them nicely and your headache should become a thing of the past. Massaging the head with almond oil can also prove to be an instant headache reliever.
15.) Take Help From Basil
Basil works effectively on mild headaches. Headaches caused by tense muscles are known as mild headaches. It has analgesic and calming effects. Basil works effectively as a muscle relaxant also. In a glass of water mix 3 to 4 fresh basil leaves. Then boil it for a few minutes, you can also add 1 tsp of honey into your tea. Then consume it slowly. For steam, add a few drops of basil oil or you can boil 1 tsp of basil leaves in a pot boiling water. Then carefully take steam of basil leaves to get rid of a headache.
16.) Use The Cloves
Clove is a natural home remedy to prevent a headache effectively. Cloves contain pain relieving and cooling properties. Use cloves to ease tension headaches. Crush some cloves, put them on a clean handkerchief or in a sachet. Then, whenever you have a headache, smell the crushed cloves to get relief from a headache.
17.) Drink Some Milk
While milk alone may not be effective home remedy to treat your headache. Adding honey and cinnamon can enhance its healing properties and you can get rid of it finally. Follow the steps below:
- Boil some milk and add honey and cinnamon to the same. Drink the same, for relief.
- Continue the treatment according to the requirement. Make sure no to over do it.
18.) Drink Plenty of Water
It is essential to keep your body hydrated at all times. It gets rid off all the toxins and free radicals that affect our body and mind. They are one of the major causes for stress, anxiety and tension. By flushing them out of the body, it creates a healthy equilibrium of body and mind. It also helps keep the body cool. Make sure to drink at least 8 – 10 glasses of water daily for better results.
19.) Take Rest Or a Nap
When in tension and nothing seems to work right, just go somewhere quiet and take a short nap. Rest is essentially one of the best remedies to cure your everyday headache problem. Your body needs to repair itself from constant stress bombardment and that it does when you sleep. Make sure to sleep on time and tension and the resulting headache will stay away from you forever. Help your mind relax and it will not thank you enough.
Sleeping takes your mind away from all tension or frustration and provides you relaxed mind. Consequently, if the mind becomes relaxed then there is certain chance that your headache will disappear. So, take a nap when you are in tension or get frustrated of something or for the circumstances you don’t have any control over them.