In this article, we will discuss the home remedies for headache treatment. Medicines are available out there at the medical stores for a headache. But, the home remedies for headache treatment will be sufficient to eliminate the worry of medicinal overdose (if taken in large quantity). Aspirin is a very famous and common medicine for a headache since last three decades. All types of headaches do not require a medical attention, but in some cases, you need to go for a medical checkup. Home remedies for a headache treatment are enough to cure you if the problem is periodic or it occur due to the busy schedule or from work tension. Frustration works tension, and hectic lifestyle all are responsible for a headache. If your mind keeps revolving around these mind freak agents then it will lead to a headache.
Types of Headache:
Migraine: A migraine could be moderate to a severe throbbing in the head. Most of the people with a migraine have pain on one side of the head. But, some people also suffer pain on both sides of the head.
Tension Headache: This is a common type of headache pain usually occurs due to tension. It is characterized by tightness on both sides of the head and sometimes on the neck.
Cluster Headache: A cluster headache occurs rapidly over a short period of time with severe pain. This type of headache can last from 30 minutes to hours. the pain is mainly around the eye region.
Symptoms of Headache:
- Blurry vision
- Neck pain
- Increased sensitivity to light or noise,
- The feeling of sickness etc.
- Causes of Headache
Remedies for Headache Treatment:
1.) Ginger Tea to Cure Headache
Ginger root not doubt is the most effective way to get rid of a headache naturally. It has magical properties to control migraine headaches.
- Put 3 cups of water in a bowl and add 4-5 small sized slices of crushed of ginger root to it.
- Bring it to boil for about 20-25 minutes on a medium flame to prepare the tea.
- Take the tea while it is hot. This will help you the same extent as aspirin works.
- Using ginger as a remedy will also eliminate the risk of overdose, which is the main concern while taking aspirin.
2.) Chamomile Tea to Treat Headache
Chamomile tea contains the ingredients to help you to treat the pain and make you feel relaxed after having it. You should drink chamomile tea whenever you are having a headache.
- Add one chamomile tea bag to one cup of water and bring it to the boil.
- Boil it on a medium flame for few minutes, strain it and then add honey to the tea.
- Drink the tea twice a day to get rid of a headache naturally.
3.) Menthol Balm for Headache Treatment
Menthol balm gives a cooling effect that makes a headache disappear. The menthol balm has an active ingredient that comes from mint to treat a headache instantly. It has long been used to fight against a headache and migraine.
- Take a small amount of menthol balm on your fingers and then massage your forehead properly for 5-10 minutes.
- Some people also recommend it to apply under your feet this won’t make any difference in the healing process.
4.) Rosemary to Get Rid of Headache
Rosemary contains anti-inflammatory properties can be very useful in the effective treatment of headaches. You should try massaging your head with a little rosemary oil to instantly reduce the pain. Prepare a rosemary tea and have it while the tea is hot, this will give you some relief from the pain. Massaging the forehead with the rosemary oil will also help you. Massage your forehead by applying 2-3 drops of rosemary essential oil gently. After rubbing the oil, sit at a place for about five minutes to allow the remedy work.
5.) Cinnamon and Milk to Cure Headache
Cinnamon is a wonderful spice that can effectively treat headaches quickly. If a headache is combined with common cold then cinnamon is particularly great a remedy to treat both problems. Its effect enhances when it taken with milk.
- Take a bowl, add two cups of milk and then add 2-3 teaspoons of cinnamon to it.
- Bring the mixer to boil for at least 3-4 minutes on a medium flame.
- After preparing the solution, add one teaspoon of honey to it.
- Drink this cinnamon tea at least twice to cure a headache instantly without any medication.
6.) Take a Nap to Avoid Headache
Sleeping takes your mind away from all tension or frustration and provides you relaxed mind. Consequently, if the mind becomes relaxed then there is certain chance that your headache will disappear. So, take a nap when you are in tension or get frustrated of something or for the circumstances you don’t have any control over them.
7.) Peppermint Oil for Headache Treatment
Peppermint not only has a refreshing scent but it also helps open up blocked blood vessels causing a headache. It has menthol which aids regulate a good blood flow in the body.
- Take a medium sized bowl and fill water in it, bring it to become hot.
- Turn off the flame and take off the bowl, add at least 5-6 drops of peppermint oil.
- Inhale the steam by covering the bowl and face with a towel.
- This will help to expand and contract the vessels for blood flow quickly and will reduce the pain.
- You can also massage with peppermint oil onto your forehead and temples.
8.) Apple to Get Rid of Headache
You have certainly heard the phrase “An apple a day keeps the doctor away”. This time, you have to try apple to prove the phrase. The truth is apple is one of the best home remedies to treat a headache. It has properties to balance the acid and alkaline in the body to give you a sense of relief from a headache. Consume an apple on the regular basis to prevent a headache and other diseases. Apple helps the body to fight against harmful foreign agents.
9.) Cayenne to Treat Headache
Cayenne is one of the most effective home remedies to treat a headache naturally. It will make you go crazy if you consume it, but the fact is something different from what people think. Cayenne properties are considered to be a way to get rid of a headache.
- Take a ½ teaspoon of finely ground cayenne and add 4-5 cups of warm water in it, to make a dilute solution.
- Soak the solution in a cotton ball and then softly apply inside the nostril.
- The burning sensation reduces a headache and you will be fine.
10.) Lavender Oil for Headache Treatment
For a headache and migraine pain lavender oil if extremely useful with incredible medical properties. The added advantage of using lavender oil is that it smell great. You can inhale or apply the lavender oil to get rid of a headache.
- Boil 3-4 cups of water on a medium flame in a bowl.
- Turn off the flame and put out he bowl, add 2-4 drops of lavender oil in this boiling water.
- Inhale the vapors of lavender oil to eliminate the pain.
- It can also be applied directly without adding in boiling water.
- Make sure you do not inhale the lavender oil as it is strictly not recommended to be taken orally.