In this article we will discuss different home remedies for hickeys. But, before discussing that let us know little bit about hickey.
How many times does it happen that you regret or feel embarrassed doing things when you know it could have been avoided. A hickey is one such thing. Hickey, which is also known as kiss mark or love bite is a sort of bruise or contusion. It is formed by kissing or sucking the soft part of the skin strongly, for example skin around neck and shoulder . These marks are formed due to damaging of the thin walled capillaries. By putting pressure on them, these capillaries leaks blood to the surrounding cells. This blood clot around the cells causes a mark on skin. Later, due to lack of oxygen this blood clot turns to brown or blue color shade. Getting and giving hickeys can be a lot fun at that time. But if visible, these hickeys or love bites can cause you an embarrassment among your family and friends. You may want to get rid of these hickeys as fast as you get them. Usually these bruises fade away in 1-2 weeks. But you can also cover up these marks with your clothing or makeup. Other than that, you can try below mentioned home remedies for hickeys.
Home Remedies for Hickeys Removal:
- Home Remedies for Hickeys Removal:
- 1.) Aloe Vera as a Remedy for Hickeys Treatment
- 2.) Cold Compress as a Remedy for Hickeys Removal
- 3.) Warm Compress as a Remedy to Remove Kiss Mark
- 4.) Peppermint as a Remedy to Remove Love Bite Marks Quickly
- 5.) Alcohol as a Remedy to Remove Kiss Mark
- 6.) Toothpaste as a Remedy for Kiss Mark Removal
- 7.) Cocoa Butter as a Remedy to Get Rid of Hickeys Naturally and Fast
- 8.) Vinegar as a Remedy to Remove Love Bites Quickly
- 9.) Potato as a Remedy to Prevent Hickeys Fast and Naturally
- 10.) Masking as a Remedy to Hide Hickeys
1.) Aloe Vera as a Remedy for Hickeys Treatment
Aloe Vera works as an excellent home remedy for various skin ailments and hickey is no different from it. Aloe Vera has fine cooling properties which soothes the skin and reduces inflammation. It is among the best home remedies for hickeys.
Directions to Use Aloe Vera:
- Extract out some Aloe Vera gel and apply over the affected area.
- Leave it for 10 to 15 minutes.
- It will help to reduce the sensitivity in the affected area and help you get rid of hickey fast and effectively.
2.) Cold Compress as a Remedy for Hickeys Removal
One the most effective and easiest home remedies for hickeys is cold compressing. The cooling effect of cold compress soothes skins. It prevents blood clotting and swelling caused due to sucking of skin. It also effective in reducing inflammation.
Directions to Use Cold Compress:
- Take 4-6 spoon and keep them in refrigerator for half an hour.
- After half an hour, take these spoons out, press and hold against the concerned area.
- Pressing with a cold spoon against the skin will promote blood circulation. This in turn prevent swelling and blood clotting.
- Replace spoon with a cold one as it gets warm.
3.) Warm Compress as a Remedy to Remove Kiss Mark
Other than cold compress, you can go for warm compress as well to get rid of stubborn hickeys fast. Cold compress is useful for initial 2 days. After 2 days, warm compress helps to reduce the level of swelling and pain.
Directions to Use Warm Compress:
- Take some hot water in a bucket, dip a clean towel and soak it completely.
- Squeeze out the excess water from the towel and place it over the affected area.
- Press it gently and leave it over the hickey until it cools down.
- Repeat the process 4 to 5 times to get relief faster.
4.) Peppermint as a Remedy to Remove Love Bite Marks Quickly
Another one of the most effective home remedies for hickeys is using peppermint. Peppermint is known for its cooling properties. It helps soothe skin very well and also also promotes blood circulation in the affected area.
Directions to Use Peppermint:
- Take few drops of peppermint oil and rub it with your fingertips on the affected area for a few minutes.
- This will reduce the inflammation and eases up the blood flow in the affected area.
- It will also help in fading the mark speedily and easily.
- You can use peppermint rich toothpaste as well on the affected area to avoid hickeys quickly.
5.) Alcohol as a Remedy to Remove Kiss Mark
Alcohol can be surprising to some of you, but yes, it is also among the best home remedies for hickeys removal. Alcohol has cooling and soothing effect as it gives you relief from clotting caused by hickey. Plus, alcohol works as a good antiseptic. But, this remedy only work when used within a few hours of getting a hickeys. And, remember alcohol tends to dry skin, so always use a moisturizer after the application.
6.) Toothpaste as a Remedy for Kiss Mark Removal
One of the most surprising home remedies for hickeys in this list is toothpaste. Toothpaste contains a substance known as fluoride. Fluoride is believed to improve the blood circulation in the affected area. This in turn prevent and remove clotting fast and effectively.
Directions to Use Toothpaste:
- Squeeze out a sufficient amount of toothpaste.
- Apply evenly and gently over the affected area.
- Leave it on for a few minutes before washing it off.
- It might give a little tingling feeling but its natural, no need to be scared of any reaction.
- Repeat this process 2-3 times for getting rid of hickeys fast.
7.) Cocoa Butter as a Remedy to Get Rid of Hickeys Naturally and Fast
Cocoa butter is an excellent natural moisturizer. It is very beneficial for many skin ailments. It contains polyphenol, palmitic acid, stearic acid and also Vitamin A, B1, B2, B3 and E which not only makes cocoa butter an excellent moisturizer but also an effective healing agent for various skin condition. Some of the skin condition are eczema, dermatitis and bruises.
Directions to Use Cocoa Butter:
- Take some cocoa butter and apply to the concerned skin area.
- Massage the skin gently for 5 to 10 minutes. It will help in blood to flow easily and also help in breaking blood clot.
- Repeat this method several times a day.
8.) Vinegar as a Remedy to Remove Love Bites Quickly
Vinegar is also one of the most effective home remedies for hickeys. Vinegar helps effectively in improving your blood circulation which in turn reduces blood clotting. Vinegar is the best when used with warm water, so use this remedy only after 2-3 days of getting hickeys. Here is the method to do it.
Directions to Use Vinegar:
- Mix 4-5 tbsp of vinegar in a bowl of warm water.
- Dip a clean cloth or gauze and soak in it.
- Squeeze out the excess solution back.
- Now, place this cloth on your hickey and gently rub for a few minutes.
- Again dip cloth in the solution and repeat the process.
- Do this for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Repeat it 2 to 3 times a day.
9.) Potato as a Remedy to Prevent Hickeys Fast and Naturally
Another effective remedy to get rid of hickeys is potato. Potato is known to be quite useful for various skin ailments. It has fine bleaching properties. Let us know how to remove kiss marks using potato.
Directions to Use Potato:
- Take some raw potatoes and cut them into thin slices.
- Apply these slices on the affected skin and leave it for 20 minutes.
- Repeat this process once every hour.
- Use a fresh slice every time you apply.
- You can also massage the hickey in between the application.
10.) Masking as a Remedy to Hide Hickeys
Sometimes you may have to attend a meeting, party or some family function. But, this stubborn hickey may stop you from attending them as people might notice the mark on your neck and that could make you feel embarrassed. To avoid such situation, you can simply cover your hickey with a little bit of make-up. Here is the method to hide hickeys.
- Just apply a moisturizer on the hickey.
- Then with a small brush, apply some concealer over it.
- Mask it properly so that no one can notice.
- Instead of masking or hiding, you can even make some excuses for hickeys.