In this article, we will discuss the home remedies to treat bee sting. Sometimes a single sting of a honey bee is quite painful. And to some extent it might be dangerous for those who are allergic to the venom. When anyone is hit with the sting, initially the person does not realize the pain. But after a while when there is swelling and itching sensation the pain occurs at that point of time. Whereas, few might experience changes on the skin as it turns red long with being swollen. Around 3% of a honey bee sting casualties show a moderate hypersensitive response. In around 0.8% of honey bee sting casualties, sufferer may show an existence of undermining and unfavorably susceptible response known as hypersensitivity. It may be deadly if you don’t consult a doctor urgently.
Symptoms of Bee Sting:
- Skin rashes and irritation.
- Swelling of the throat and tongue.
- Swelling and redness on the affected area.
- Dizziness sufferers may swoon and lose cognizance too.
- A feeble, yet fast heartbeat.
- Extreme feeling of being sick.
- Individuals experiencing an extreme response might faint or feel nausea.
Home Remedies For Treat Honey Bee Sting:
1.) Toothpaste to Treat Bee Sting
You can apply some toothpaste on the influenced range. This is on the grounds that most toothpaste utilize peppermint which contains menthol that cools the affected area. The toothpaste provides relief and it acts against the venom present in their sting by decreasing the acidic irritation. So, all you need to do is just cover the affected area with mint oriented toothpaste. Later on, let it dry any wash it after 20 minutes.
2.) Lavender Oil to Treat Bee Sting
Much the same as nectar, lavender oil is a compelling treatment for honey bee, wasp or hornet sting. Its solid antibacterial properties will reduce the swelling and itching sensation. All you need to do is just apply some drops of lavender oil on the affected part of the skin. This makes the affected area less acidic and less painful. Lavender oil will give you relief from the instant itching sensation.
3.) Vinegar to Treat Bee Sting
The venom that is present in honey bee has antacid properties that can be easily and effectively killed by the acidic properties present in vinegar. As the venom is killed, you will get some appreciated help from the agony and the related swelling. To apply the treatment, dip a cotton ball in vinegar and apply it on the sting’s site. Utilize some dressing and medicinal tapes to hold it set for no less than 15 minutes.
4.) Ice to Treat Bee Sting
You can apply a conventional ice pack at the sting’s site for around 20 minutes. The agony and swelling that you are going through is a type of hypersensitive response. Therefore, rubbing ice on the affected skin will eliminate the pain and swelling instantly. The chilled ice pack will choke your veins by lessening the measure of blood and antibodies coming to the sting’s site. In this case you will be releifed from the extreme pain.
5.) Aloe Vera to Treat Bee Sting
Aloe Vera is by all accounts an otherworldly solution that disposes of most skin sicknesses. And its emollient and antibacterial properties can assist you to treat a honey bee sting too. The best approach to apply this treatment would be to get fresh aloe vera gel specifically from the leaf of an Aloe Vera plant. Just break a leaf from the Aloe Vera plant, peel off the skins to extract the gel. After that rub the extracted gel with the assistance of a cotton swab apply it on the sting’s site directly. You can use this remedy for next few days to heal your skin naturally.
6.) Garlic Cloves to Treat Bee Sting
There are many researchers that recommend that garlic juice as the best home remedy to few kinds of minor injury. Garlic cloves are an exceedingly powerful solution for honey bee and wasp stings. For this all you need to do is just smash around three garlic cloves with a pestle and mortar. And then apply that paste of garlic directly on the influenced area at least thrice in a day. Hold the smashed cloves to set with the bandage or restorative tapes.
7.) Salt to Treat Bee Sting
Sodium chloride is an exceptionally valuable ingredient. This ingredient is most commonly known as salt that is easily available at your home.So, take a pinch of salt and gently apply it on the affected area of the skin. Simply rub it gently or you can even make a paste by mixing it with water. Try to rub it on the skin until the swelling, blazing and tingling reduces .
8.) Honey to Treat Bee Sting
Another best home remedy includes honey. Try to apply some raw honey on the affected part of the bee sting. It acts like a healing ointment. Its nectar’s antibacterial and emollient properties makes it a valuable home solution for honey bee sting and wasp stings. Just apply some nectar on the sting’s site to get some healing from the agony and swelling.
9.) Papaya to Treat Bee Sting
Papaya kills the venom of a honey bee. It is one fruit that is easily available in the market or your kitchen garden. Cut a slice of papaya and put that is in the fridge and apply on the nibble or swollen area. Let it stay there for a few minutes. You can put a wrap so it doesn’t move and proceed with your daily activities.
10.) Dirt or Mud to Treat Bee Sting
It is a phenomenal solution for honey bee stings. In case you’re in the field, in the greenhouse or in a late spring camp remember this formula. You should simply apply a great deal of mud on the infected area where the honey bee left its sting. The world’s freshness with water will soothe the agony and diminish your swelling. Let the mud dry out completely. After a while wash it off with cold water.
11.) Basil to Get Rid of Bee Sting
This is one of the most effective remedies to get rid of itching and swelling caused by bee sting. The anti-inflammatory properties in basil give instant relief from the swelling. It also gives quick relief from the pain and irritation caused by bee stings. For your convenience, it is a good idea to plant a basil plant in your garden. Follow the steps given below to get fast relief.
- Grind handful of basil to make a paste.
- Mix 2 teaspoons of turmeric powder in this paste.
- Massage this paste on the affected area of the skin.
- Repeat this 4 times a day and see the amazing results.
12.) Calendula to Remove Bee Stings
This multipurpose herb is also beneficial in treating bee stings. It is a great remedy to deal with various kinds of skin problems, wounds and skin irritations. The anti-fungal, anti-inflammatory, antiseptic and antibacterial properties of calendula prevent the infection from spreading. It speeds up the healing process. Follow the steps given below to get relief fast from bee stings.
- Place half cup of dried calendula leaves over a low flame for about 5 hours.
- Once the heat is infused, leave the oil to cool down.
- Use a cheese cloth to strain it.
- Now, add 1/4th cup of chopped beewax and mix this freshly made calendula oil.
- Melt this mixture in a double boiler.
- Remove this mixture from the heat and mix 20 drops of lavender oil.
- Store this solution in a jar.
- Now, apply it 3 to 4 times a day to remove bee stings completely.
13.) Mustard to Treat Bee Stings
This is one of the best home remedies to treat bee stings. It contains antioxidants that make it a wonderful remedy. The presence of selenium in mustard makes it a great anti-inflammatory agent. It gives instant relief from the pain and swelling caused by bee stings. Follow the remedies given below to cure bee stings.
- Take one tablespoon of mustard powder.
- Mix a little amount of water to make a thick paste.
- Wrap this mustard paste in a thin cloth.
- Press this cloth against the affected area of the skin.
- Alternatively, sprinkle some mustard powder on the affected area of the skin.
- Repeat any of the remedies twice a day to treat bee stings.
14.) Plantain Weed to Get Rid of Bee Stings
This is one of the most effective home remedies to get rid of bee stings. It reduces the itching, pain and swelling caused by bee stings. The best thing is that you can grow this plant in your backyard. This efficient herb contains a substance called tannin, which is known to curb bleeding and heal wounds. Follow the steps given below to get rid of bee stings quickly.
- Wash one plantain leaf with water.
- Chew this leaf but do not swallow it.
- Take it out from your mouth and apply it on the affected area of the skin.
- The saliva contains anti-bacterial properties, which gives instant relief from pain and prevents the infection.
15.) Tobacco to Remove Bee Stings
This is one of the amazing home remedies to remove bee stings completely. It gives instant relief from the itching and swelling caused by bee stings. The alkaline properties of tobacco neutralize the acid of the bee sting. It reduces pain, redness and other discomforts caused by bee stings. Follow the steps given below to remove bee stings completely.
- Unroll a cigarette and take out the tobacco from it.
- Make it wet by adding a little amount of water.
- Mash this wet tobacco to take out its juice.
- Apply this tobacco juice on the affected area of the skin and wrap it with a bandage.
- Leave this for about 15 minutes so that it can work on the sting.
- Do this twice a day to get best results.
16.) Marshmallow Leaves to Get Rid of Bee Stings
This is one of the most natural home remedies to get rid of pain and swelling caused by bee stings. It contains a sticky substance called mucilage, which not only soothes the skin but gives quick relief from the inflammation and redness caused by bee stings. Follow the steps given below to cure bee stings completely.
- Take some fresh marshmallow leaves and blend them to make a paste.
- Apply this marshmallow paste on the bee sting.
- Leave it so that it gets absorbed by the affected area.
- Once it dries naturally, and then wash the area with cool water.
- Repeat this remedy daily to get rid of bee stings fast.
17.) Activated Charcoal and Water and Remove Bee Stings
This is one of the most efficient home remedies to remove bee stings. It minimizes the swelling and itching caused by bee stings. The adsorption properties of activated charcoal make it a wonderful remedy. It flushes out the harmful chemicals from the body and prevents the infection from spreading. It pulls out the acidic venom of the bee sting from the skin due to which redness and inflammation is reduced. Follow the steps given below to remove bee stings completely.
- Take some activated charcoal and add a little water to make a thick paste.
- Apply this charcoal paste on the affected area of the skin.
- Wrap a bandage around the area to keep the charcoal in place.
- Leave it for about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Repeat this remedy regularly to get rid of bee stings completely.
18.) Limewater to Treat Bee Stings
This is one of the most beneficial home remedies to treat bee stings as it stops the infection from spreading to other body parts. Its alkaline nature neutralizes the acidic venom of the bee stings. It also gives instants relief from itching and swelling caused by bee sting. Follow the steps given below to remove bee stings completely.
- Gently, rub some limewater on the bee sting for about 2 minutes.
- Allow it to dry naturally.
- Clean the area with plain water.
- Repeat this simple remedy every 4 hours to treat bee stings.
19.) Aspirin to Get Rid of Bee Stings
This is one of the most natural remedies to get rid of swelling, pain, inflammation, redness and itching caused by bee stings. It neutralizes the acidic venom of the bee and speeds up the healing process. The anti-inflammatory properties helps in controlling the redness and swelling. Follow the steps given below to remove bee stings.
- Crush some tablets of aspirin to make a fine powder.
- Add a few drops of water to make a thin paste.
- Apply this aspirin paste on the bee sting.
- Leave it there for a few minutes and then wash it off with tepid water.
- Repeat this method on a regular basis for wonderful results.
20.) Rhubarb Juice to Remove Bee Stings
This is one of the easiest home remedies to treat bee stings. All you need to do is take out the juice of fresh stalk of rhubarb. Apply this juice on the affected area of the skin. Repeat this remedy twice or thrice a day to remove bee sting completely.
Tips to Prevent a Bee Sting
- Avoid going near a bee hive.
- If you are stung by a bee in a particular area, then leave the area immediately as other bees can also reach you.
- Don’t wear scented perfumes if there are a lot of beehives in the area which you are going.
- Avoid wearing floral printed clothes in a garden or in the area where there are lot of beehives.