Every woman has to deal with some changes like hot flashes in their life. Hot flashes are a symptom of menopause in women. At a certain time, every woman has to go through such menopause situation. In this article, you will find some home remedies for hot flashes in women which are really helpful for you.
Hot flashes or can say hot flashes are a symptom of perimenopause and menopause. Hot flashes are sudden feeling of heat over the neck, chest and face, nausea, anxiety, headache, dizziness, rapid heartbeat and excessive sweating as well. Menopause is the situation where menstrual cycle stops and some hormonal changes also occur in the body. When the estrogen decreases in the body then menopause occur which is the main cause of hot flashes. There are many factors that can worse the symptoms of hot flashes such as physical inactivity, warm baths, smoking, spicy foods, stress and excessive drinking. Some women experience hot flashes for a short time during menopause while others experiences for life. Hot flashes are very annoying problem as they can distract you from doing work. You are not able to sleep at night during hot flashes. You should treat hot flashes as there are some home remedies which will help you to get relief from hot flashes.
Symptoms of Hot Flashes in Women:
- Skin becomes red
- Hot flashes last from 30 seconds to a few minutes.
- Excessive sweating may also occur in hot flashes.
- The heartbeat becomes faster than usual.
Causes of Hot Flashes in Women:
- The main cause of hot flashes is changing in reproductive hormones in your body.
- Slight changes in body temperature due to changes in body’s thermostat.
- Smoking is also the cause of hot flashes.
- Obesity is associated with a number of hot flashes in women.
- If you are not doing exercises regularly, then you may likely to have hot flashes during menopause.
Home Remedies to Avoid Hot Flashes in Women:
Hot flashes or hot flushes are a very common symptom of menopause in women. Every woman has to face such changes like the feeling of heat, sweating, red face at a certain time. So here are some home remedies for hot flashes in women by which you can get rid of this problem.
1) Vitamin E Intake to Avoid Hot Flashes in Women
Vitamin E has been used to reduce the severity of hot flashes in menopausal women due to the presence of estrogen in Vitamin E.
Steps to Use Vitamin E to Treat Hot Flashes in Women:
- You can include green leafy vegetables, nuts, and tropical fruits in your diet as they are rich in vitamin E.
- You can also take a 400 IUs Vitamin E supplement to reduce hot flashes.
2) Exercise Regularly to Reduce Hot Flashes in Women Fast
By doing exercise regularly, you can keep your body in shape as well as it keeps you healthy and young.
- To prevent hot flashes, your hormones should be balanced. But without a healthy body, it is difficult to balance the hormones to prevent hot flashes.
- So simply go for a walk daily and do some cardio exercises daily to get a healthy body.
3) Control Stress Levels to Prevent Hot Flashes in Women
- Stress is also the factor of hot flashes in menopausal women.
- If a woman has high levels of estrogen and low levels of progesterone, then this contributes to stress.
- So don’t take stress to maintain your hormone levels.
4) Acupuncture to Treat Hot Flashes in Women
Acupuncture has ancient healing properties to improve hot flashes. It will help to get better sleep and in less pain. When you pricked with thin needles on some nerve points on the body, it helps the release of hormones like endorphins, serotonin, and cortisol. This in turn, reduces the chances of hot flashes in women. Do this treatment twice a week for ten weeks.
5) Yoga to Cure Hot Flashes in Women Naturally
Yoga exercises include breathing, physical postures and deep relaxation which can help to reduce hot flashes in perimenopausal or newly postmenopausal women. It also plays a vital role in combating symptoms like anxiety, mood swings, sleep disruption and depression.
Steps to do Yoga to Prevent Hot Flashes in Women:
- Take a restorative yoga class for at least 8 weeks to prevent hot flashes in women.
- Try to perform the yoga postures and yoga poses correctly. Follow proper breathing techniques.
6) Intake Vitamin B to Cure Hot Flashes in Women
Vitamin B such as B12, B2, B5, B6 and B3 can help to reduce and treat the number of hot flashes in women. Vitamin B helps to control hormones like progesterone and estrogen. It is also effective to reduce depression, relieve anxiety and correct loss of appetite.
- Include foods like whole grain bread, fish, legumes, whole grain cereals, avocados, nuts, bananas, and eggs. These foods are rich in vitamin B5.
- Eat milk and eggs as they include vitamin B2.
- For vitamin B12 eat foods like eggs, milk, soy products and fish.
- For vitamin B6 include foods such as turkey, sunflower seeds, bananas and dried fruits.
- Eat vitamin B3 foods such as nuts, beans, green leafy vegetables, and peas.
7) Red Clover for Hot Flashes in Women Naturally
Red clover is an effective and popular herbal remedy to treat hot flashes in women as well as night sweats which are associated with menopause. This herb includes plant isoflavones and that have estrogen-like properties which prevents hot flashes during pregnancy.
Steps to Use Red Clover to Get Rid of Hot Flashes in Women:
- Mix one or two teaspoons of dried red clover in a cup of boiling water.
- Cover this solution for 30 minutes and then strain it.
- Drink at least 3 cups of this herbal tea daily.
8) Sage to Avoid Hot Flashes in Women Fast & Naturally
Sage is an age-old remedy for hot flashes in women. Sage contains flavonoids, tannins, and volatile oils which help to reduce the symptoms of hot flashes to a great extent.
Steps to Use Sage to Get Relief from Hot Flashes in Women:
- Mix one teaspoon of fresh sage leaves or one teaspoon of dried sage in a cup of boiling water.
- Keep it for steep for 5 minutes, then strain it.
- Add some honey and lemon to taste. Drink this herbal tea 2 to 3 times daily.
9) Flax seed to Treat Hot Flashes in Women Naturally
Being rich in phytoestrogens, flaxseed is another effective home remedy for hot flashes. It also helps to reduce muscle and joint pain, improves mood, reduce chills and sweating.
Steps to Use Flax Seed to Cure Hot Flashes in Women:
- Take 1.5 ounces (40 grams) of crushed flaxseed daily.
- Add a few tablespoons of this crushed flaxseed to your oatmeal, soup and yogurt every day.
10) Soy to Treat Hot Flashes in Women Naturally & Fast
Soy food contains estrogen that’s why it helps to balance hormone levels and hence it can easily reduce the symptoms of hot flashes.
Steps to Use Soy to Get Rid of Hot Flashes in Women:
- Take two glasses of soy milk, 7 ounces of tofu and one-half cup of edamame.
- Make sure it should be two servings of soy foods daily.
11) Apple Cider Vinegar to Reduce Hot Flashes in Women
Apple cider vinegar is very effective in treating hot flashes in women. Use raw, unfiltered apple cider vinegar, which helps to remove toxins from the body through perspiration. Resulting reduces the intensity of hot flashes and night sweats.
Steps to Use ACV for Hot Flashes Treatment:
- Combine one to two tablespoons of unfiltered and organic apple cider vinegar in a glass of water, fruit juice or vegetable juice.
- Drink it twice a day to treat hot flashes.
12) Stop Smoking to Avoid Hot Flashes in Women
As you already know smoking is injurious to health. Smoking increases the occurrence of hot flashes in menopausal women. Hence, stop smoking to get better results. If you avoid smoking, then you will definitely stay healthy.