The following article is about different home remedies to improve eyesight naturally. Do you often, find images blurry or can’t see them properly or cannot see things lying near or at a distance? If yes, then you are suffering from eye defects. This could be a result of poor nutrition, genetics, aging, a strain on the eyes. This problem can be cured by wearing prescribed glasses or surgeries, which is quite expensive and does not show positive results always. The other way of combating the eye problem is following home remedies to improve eyesight naturally. Read more, to know about different home remedies to improve eyesight.
Symptoms of Weak Eyesight:
- Blurry vision
- Watery eyes
- Regular headaches
- Sensitive towards light
- Irritated or sore eyes.
- Pain in a neck, shoulder and back.
- Difficulty while concentrating
Causes of Weak Eyesight:
Household Remedies for Improve Eyesight Naturally:
- Household Remedies for Improve Eyesight Naturally:
- 1.) Follow Healthy Diet to Improve Vision
- 2.) Eye Exercises to Improve Eyesight
- 3.) Bilberry Herb to Improve Eyesight
- 4.) Walking Barefoot to Improve Eyesight
- 5.) Almonds to Improve Eyesight Naturally
- 6.) Gooseberries to Improve Eyesight
- 7.) Rose Water to Improve Eyesight at Home
- 8.) Asparagus to Promote Healthy Eyes
- 9.) Carrot to Improve Eyesight
- 10.) Give your Eyes Due Rest
1.) Follow Healthy Diet to Improve Vision
A healthy diet is a key to every health related problem. Make sure you eat a healthy diet. Your diet should consist Vitamins A, B-complex, E, beta-carotene, zeaxanthin, amino acids and lutein and green leafy vegetables as it contains chlorophyll which promotes healthy eyes. Foods like broccoli, kale, sweet potatoes, spinach, carrots, corns, blueberries, eggs, whole grains, nuts, legumes, fatty fish, flaxseed oil, beef, nuts contain omega-3 fatty acids, Vitamin C and A, carotenoids, zinc, bioflavonoid and zinc. These nutrients decrease the risk of eye-related problems, protect the retina and lower the risk of cataracts.
2.) Eye Exercises to Improve Eyesight
Eye exercises make the eye muscles flexible and increase the blood flow in the eyes which maintain the optimum vision. Moreover, exercise keeps the eye strain away and increases the concentration level.
Exercises for Eye:
- Hold a pencil and concentrate on it. Gradually bring the pencil closer to the nose and then move it away from your eyesight. Repeat this exercises 8-10 times a day.
- Alternatively, you can roll your eyes in the clockwise motion for a few seconds and then roll them in anti-clock direction for a few seconds. Repeat the rolling of eyes 4-5 times and don’t forget to blink your eyes while changing the direction.
Other Exercises to Improve Eyesight
- Side to side movement.
- Up and down eye movement.
- Move your eyes diagonally.
3.) Bilberry Herb to Improve Eyesight
Bilberry or Vaccinium mytilus, is a popular herb, which is used to cure the eye-related problems such as cataract, night blindness, disorders of the retina. Moreover, it protects the eyes from glaucoma and muscular degenerations. It stimulates the blood flow and strengthens the blood vessels in order to increase the pigments in the retina that further protects eyes from harmful free radicals. Eating a one-half cup of ripe fresh bilberry regularly will improve your eyesight. You can also supplement the fruit with the bilberry supplements. However, do consult your doctor before taking the supplements.
4.) Walking Barefoot to Improve Eyesight
Walking is equally necessary for eyes as it is to remain healthy and fit. Walking barefoot on green grass helps to increase the eye power as our foot has reflexology zones which are linked to various body organs. By walking barefoot, the maximum pressure is put on first, second and third feet, which are the reflexology pressure points for eyes. The reflexology pressure point improves eyesight and keeps us healthy. Moreover, the green color of the grass provides comfort to the eyes, keeping all the stress at the bay. So, for good eye and overall health, walk barefoot in your nearest park.
5.) Almonds to Improve Eyesight Naturally
Almonds are a rich source of antioxidants, Vitamin E, and omega-3 fatty acid. These nutrients are good for the eyes and enhance the concentration power. Soak 8-10 almonds in water for a night and next morning, peel the upper brown layer and eat the white part of it. You can also grind the white part to make a thick paste and add the paste in the warm milk.
Alternatively, you can also consume fennel seeds and crystallized sugar with almonds. Fennel seeds are also good for the eyes.
- Take 50 grams of almonds, fennel seeds and crystallized sugar.
- Grind all the three ingredients to form a thick powder.
- Store the mixture in the plastic container or glass vessel
- Consume 1 spoon of the almond, fennel seeds crystallized sugar powder with milk before going to sleep.
6.) Gooseberries to Improve Eyesight
Gooseberry contains carotene and Vitamin C and A, which treats eye-related problems such as cataracts, reduces muscular degenerations, night blindness and strengthens eye vision.
- Boil 1-2 gooseberries and consume it daily, to remove the soreness, sprinkle a pinch of salt and consume the fruit daily in the morning and in the evening as well.
- Alternatively, you can drink a glass of gooseberry juice with honey to improve your eyesight.
- Or you can also drink one glass of water along with 1 tablespoon of gooseberry powder. It is the best tonic for healthy eyes.
7.) Rose Water to Improve Eyesight at Home
Rose water is considered as a boon for the eyes. It cleans and soothes the eyes.
- Put 2-3 drops of fresh rose water in the eyes, two times a day. Leave the water for 8-10 minutes in the eyes and then continue your regular work.
- While putting the rose water do not close your eyes otherwise, the water will spill on your face and will not go in the eyes.
- Moreover, do not use rose water used in beauty products.
8.) Asparagus to Promote Healthy Eyes
Wild asparagus cures all eyes-related problems. It also promotes health and long life of the eyes. The medicinal herb is used in many medicines of eyes as well.
- In a bowl take one-half teaspoon of honey and mix one teaspoon of wild asparagus in it.
- Consume the mixture with warm milk 1-2 times in a day.
- Follow this remedy for 4-5 months for healthy eyes.
9.) Carrot to Improve Eyesight
Carrot is a rich source of Vitamin A, Beta Carotene, phosphorus, and iron. Vitamin A protects the cornea (eye surface). It is good for eye vision. It is also an effective remedy to treat dry eyes. Other nutrient maintains the health of the eyes. Eat raw carrots or use it in the salads or drink carrot juice regularly to improve the eyesight.
10.) Give your Eyes Due Rest
Give your eyes the due rest. Continuously reading a book or sitting in front of the computer puts a strain on your eyes, which eventually results in eye problem. Moreover, stress also leads eye-related problems such as blurry image, myopia (short sightedness) or hyperopia (farsightedness).
If you are working for long hours then close your eyes and gently massage for a while after 4-5 minutes get back to the work. This will increase the blood circulation in the eyes and will improve your eyesight.