This article is about home remedies to improve memory. Do you find hard to remember something or cannot memorize when you want to? If yes then you are not the only one, such problem is common among all age groups from teenagers, adults to old age group. However, if the problem is not treated before handily it can worsen with the time and takes the shape of a serious problem like dementia and Alzheimer. Well, you need not worry about such conditions because we have got some safe and home remedies for you to improve memory.
Causes of Poor Memory:
Household Remedies to Improve Memory Naturally:
1.) Almonds to Improve Memory
Almonds improve brain power and memory. Almonds are a good source of omega-3 fatty acids and antioxidants that promote the memory. Because of same properties, they are good for eyes as well.
How to Improve Memory with Almonds?
- In a bowl of water soak 5-10 almonds overnight.
- Next morning, peel the brown layer of the nuts and grind them.
- In a boiling milk mix powder of almonds, sugar or honey and drink it. If it is too hot then leave at room temperature and then drink it. However, it should warm when you drink.
- To improve the retaining power drink this milk for 30-40 days.
- Alternatively, eat 3-5 soaked almonds in the morning to improve your memory.
2.) Coconut Oil to Improve Memory
Coconut oil provides the required food to brain cells which eventually improves the cognitive function and memory. The oil is a boon to people suffering from dementia and Alzheimer disease. It also boost the energy level, reduces bad fat in your body and gives you healthy hair and skin.
How to Improve Memory with Coconut Oil?
- Regularly consume 1 tablespoon of cold-processed, organic or virgin coconut oil.
- Alternatively, add coconut oil to soups, salads, smooths and while baking the food.
- To combat, the stress massage your head and body with coconut oil.
3.) Honey with Cinnamon to Improve Memory
Honey and cinnamon works as a stress buster and relieves nervous tension. It is believed and scientifically proven that simply by smelling cinnamon regularly the retaining power of the brain is enhanced. On the other hand, honey is believed to prevent nocturnal metabolic stress. Moreover, it encourages sound sleep at night which plays a vital role in improving the memory.
How to Improve Memory with Honey and Cinnamon?
- In one tablespoon of honey mix a pinch of cinnamon.
- Gulp the mixture regularly before hitting the sack.
- Alternatively, smell the cinnamon powder regularly.
4.) Gooseberry to Improve Memory
Gooseberries strengthen the nervous system and enhance the retention power. The churns of the gooseberry are more effective because it is a rich source of a Vitamin C and antioxidantS. Because of all these properties, gooseberry also helps to treat dementia and Alzheimer.
How to Improve Memory with Gooseberry
- Eat 1-2 gooseberry regularly.
- Or, mix one tablespoon of white sesame seeds powder and honey in a tablespoon of dried gooseberry powder.
- You can also have gooseberry candies.
- Gooseberry juice is also equally effective.
5.) Rosemary to Improve Memory
The herb treats the poor memory. The aroma of rosemary improves the prospective memory. This is essential for remembering the things that have to be done in the future. Moreover, according to various studies rosemary also alertness and long-term memory as well.
How to Use Rosemary to Improve Memory?
- In a cup of boiling water add 1 teaspoon of rosemary.
- Let the water steep for 5 minutes.
- Strain the water and add honey to it. Mix it thoroughly and drink it.
- Alternatively, smell rosemary oil. You can also add the oil to your room diffuser.
- The herb is beneficial for adults above 18.
6.) Fish Oil to Improve Memory
Fish oil is enriched with a high content of omega-3 fatty acids. It improves the memory and supports cognitive development. Moreover, DHA present in the fish oil is a boon for people suffering from Alzheimer.
How to improve Memory with Fish Oil?
- Eat foods such as salmon, sardines, herring and mackerel in your diet. These are a good source of fish oil.
- Alternatively, take fish oil supplement regularly. However, consult your doctor for correct dosage.
7.) Ginkgo Biloba to Improve Memory
Ginkgo biloba improves the blood flow to the brain so that it functions better. It also treats Alzheimer and dementia diseases.
How to Improve Memory with Ginkgo Biloba?
- People suffering from dementia or Alzheimer are recommended to have 40 mg of ginkgo Biloba, 3 times a day.
- However, consult your doctor if your are medicated.
8.) Beetroot to Improve Memory
Beetroot increases the blood flow to the brain and sharpens the memory. Moreover, it improves the concentration and retention power.
How to Improve Memory with Beetroot?
- Eat raw beetroot or as a salad regularly.
- Add beetroot in soups and veggies to add color and improve the memory.
9.) Chocolates to Improve Memory
Yes, you heard it right! your favorite chocolate can help you to improve your memory. Chocolates, especially dark chocolates are enriched with antioxidants that are good for brain and heart. Apart from dark chocolates, milk chocolates also sharpen the memory and increases the concentration level.
How to Improve Memory with Chocolates?
- Eat a dark chocolate
- Or, simply mix 1 tablespoon of melted dark chocolate in milk and drink it.
10.) Walnut to Improve Memory
Walnuts are packed with the goodness of poly saturated fats and omega-3 fatty acids. Regularly eating a handful of walnuts will improve your memory and concentration level. Moreover, it aids mental related ailments as it is a good source of vitamin E.
How to Improve Memory with Walnut?
- Soak a handful of walnuts for a night and chew them next morning.
- The combination of walnuts and almonds powder in the hot milk works as a wonder to improve the memory.
11.) Apple to Improve Memory
Remember “an apple a day keeps a doctor away” yes! it also keeps mental ailments away and strengthens the remembering power. The skin of the apple is packed with the antioxidants which come handy for treating Alzheimer. However, red apples are more beneficial than green apples because they contain anticyclonic which keeps the brain healthy and sharpens the memory.
How to Improve Memory with apple?
- Daily eat one red apple along with its upper layer.
- You can cut it in pieces and sprinkle a pinch of salt to add the taste for your taste buds.
12.) Water to Improve Memory
Water not only hydrates the body it also supplies a sufficient amount of oxygen to the brain. Which eventually increases the concentration power and retaining ability. Moreover, it flushes out the extra toxins from the body which works as a barrier to strengthening the memory. It is one of the super foods for your brain.
How to Improve Memory with Water?
- Drink 8-10 glasses of water regularly.
- Avoid cold water and prefer lukewarm water as it speeds up the digestion process and is good for overall health as well.
Tips to Improve Memory:
- Keep stress at the bay.
- Get sufficient sleep.
- Sunlight improves the memory.
- Exercise regularly.
- Practice brain exercises to improve memory.
- Replace saturated fats in your diet with high-fat diets.
- Eat a balanced diet which contains magnesium, calcium, zinc, iron, folic acid, beta-carotene and vitamin A, B12, and C.
- Go for mnemonic devices to improve the memory and learning power.