In this article, you will get to know about home remedies for itchy scalp treatment. Itchiness on the scalp often makes you scratch your scalp. This situation is very embarrassing and annoying. An itchy scalp may cause hair loss and other hair related problems. It can also cause a lot of discomfort like pain or rashes, redness, scaling and irritation on the scalp. Itchy scalp is caused by the factors such as dandruff, stress, improper diet, head lice, viral and fungal infections. Getting rid of itchy scalp is very easy. You can treat an itchy scalp naturally at home. Home remedies are the easiest ways to treat itchy scalp. There are no side effects of using natural remedies for itchy scalp. Read the article to know the best remedies for itchy scalp treatment.
Symptoms of Itchy Scalp:
- Pain or rashes
- Discoloration and cracking of skin
- Scaling and flaking
- Irritation on the scalp
Causes of Itchy Scalp:
- Skin dryness
- Viral infection
- Bacterial infection
- Fungal infection
Best Home Remedies for Itchy Scalp Treatment:
There are many ways to treat an itchy scalp at home. So, here are some home remedies for itchy scalp that are going to help you a lot.
1.) Coconut Oil for Itchy Scalp Treatment
Coconut oil keeps your skin moisturized and thus, it is one of the best home remedies for itchy scalp.
Steps to Use Coconut Oil to Treat Itchy Scalp Naturally:
- After washing your hair, rub a little coconut oil on the scalp.
- Keep it for half an hour and then wash it off with a perfume free shampoo.
- Follow this remedy 3 times a week for better and effective results.
2.) Banana to Get Rid of Itchy Scalp Fast
To treat an itchy and dry scalp, you can use bananas. It is also one of the most effective remedies for itchy scalp. It helps to condition your hair. Due to containing moisturizing and nourishing properties bananas help to reduce dandruff, flakes, and inflammation.
Steps to Use Banana to Get Rid of Itchy Scalp and Dandruff:
- Mash 2 bananas and mix them with 1 ripe avocado.
- Apply this paste on your scalp.
- Let it sit for half an hour and rinse it off thoroughly.
3.) Apple Cider Vinegar to Treat Itchy Scalp Fast
Apple cider vinegar helps to kill the virus and yeast that can cause itchy scalp due to its powerful anti-inflammation properties. Apple cider vinegar also balances the pH levels which help to relieve itchiness and dryness.
Steps to Use Apple Cider Vinegar to Prevent Itchy Scalp:
- First, wash your hair and scalp with water and let it dry.
- Take equal amount of apple cider vinegar and water and mix it well.
- Then pour it into a spray bottle.
- Spray this solution on your scalp.
- After a few minutes, shampoo your hair with normal water.
- Follow this remedy once or twice a week.
4.) Sesame Seed Oil to For an Itchy Scalp Treatment
Sesame seed oil is one of the most effective home remedies for itchy scalp treatment. Sesame seed oil is highly healing, lubricating and nourishing which make it an effective treatment for an itchy and dry scalp.
Steps to Use Sesame Seed Oil to Treat Itchy Scalp and Dandruff:
- Warm some sesame seed oil slightly.
- Massage your scalp with this warm oil before going to bed.
- For effective and best results, use your fingertips to massage the scalp for ten minutes.
- Cover your head with a hot towel and keep it for ten minutes.
- Shampoo your hair in the morning.
- Continue this treatment until you get relief from itchiness.
5.) Jojoba Oil For an Itchy Scalp
Jojoba oil is a natural moisturizing treatment for the itchy and dry scalp. The molecular structure of jojoba oil is almost same as of your natural oil or sebum which make it very effective hydrating treatment.
Steps to Use Jojoba Oil to Treat an Itchy Scalp Naturally:
- Massage with a little amount of jojoba oil on your scalp for a few minutes before going to bed.
- Keep it for the whole night.
- Next morning, use a mild shampoo to wash your hair.
- Repeat it once a week for better results.
6.) Aloe Vera to Get Rid of Itchy Scalp Naturally
Aloe Vera gel has moisturizing properties which can relieve excessive dryness and itching. You can also purchase the Aloe Vera gel. This is one of the most effective remedies for itchy scalp.
Steps to Use Aloe Vera to Treat Itchy Scalp and Dandruff:
- With the help of your fingers spread some fresh Aloe Vera gel on your scalp.
- Let it sit for 10 to 15 minutes and then wash your hair with a shampoo.
7.) Baking Soda to Get Rid of Itchy Scalp Fast
Baking soda is one of the best ingredients that can relieve an itchy scalp.
Steps to Use Baking Soda to Avoid Itchy Scalp:
- Prepare a paste by mixing baking soda and water.
- Apply this paste on your scalp.
- For best and effective results, rub some olive oil on your scalp before applying the baking soda.
- Let it dry for 10 to 15 minutes and then wash it off with water.
8.) Lemon Juice to Treat an Itchy Scalp Naturally
Lemon is one of the effective home remedies for itchy scalp treatment. Lemon juice will help to treat dry and itchy scalp due to its antiseptic properties. It is also useful when dealing with dandruff.
Steps to Use Lemon Juice to Cure Itchy Scalp:
- Apply some fresh lemon juice on your scalp.
- Leave it for 5 minutes and then wash your hair with shampoo.
- If you don’t have dandruff then dilute the lemon juice with water.
9.) Tea Tree Oil For an Itchy Scalp Treatment
Tea tree oil is one of the best home remedies for itchy scalp treatment. Tea tree oil has strong natural anti-inflammation and anti-bacterial properties which can be used to treat an itchy scalp.
Steps to Use Tea Tree Oil to Get Rid of an Itchy Scalp:
- Mix 10 to 20 drops of tea tree oil and a half cup of baby shampoo.
- Apply it daily for some days until the condition of the scalp improves.
10.) Witch Hazel to Treat an Itchy Scalp
Witch hazel acts as a natural astringent that can help to treat itchy scalp. This herb is beneficial for an itchy scalp due to hair coloring and blow drying.
Steps to Use Witch Hazel to Get Rid of Itchy Scalp:
- Add 1 part witch hazel to 2 parts of water.
- Massage with this mixture on your scalp.
- Allow it to sit for some time.
- Wash your scalp and hair thoroughly.
Tips to Reduce Itchy Scalp and Dandruff:
- Regularly wash your pillows and bed sheets to prevent from an itchy scalp.
- Don’t use chemicals to your hair.
- Dry your hair daily because wet hair causes dryness and itching.
- Don’t use products that contain alcohol.
- Drink water as much as you can to hydrate yourself and your scalp.
- Try oils, conditioners and shampoos for 2 weeks to remove dandruff and itchiness.
- Don’t scratch your scalp as it can make your problem worse.
- Take Vitamin E supplements to hydrate your skin.
- Use hot oil massages to improve the blood circulation and reduces dryness.
- Consume foods that are rich in zinc, fatty acids, vitamin A, B, and C.