Knee pain is such a big problem for all ages, especially for aged people. As you reach the age of 40 you are cornered by a number of diseases. Knee pain is one of them. It is a very common problem faced in old age. However, nowadays it is not confined to a single age group. Young people and even children suffer from this problem. If it is not treated at this age, it will grow with you. Here, in this article, you will learn about home remedies for knee pain treatment.
Knee pain is caused by several injuries such as arthritis. Pain can be generated by any of the bone structures, including the knee joint (femur, fibula and tibia), the knee cap (patella) or the ligaments and cartilage (meniscus). Knee pain can be caused by wear and tear due to aging, weakened the bone structure, fractures, meniscus injuries, ligament injuries, and stiffness in the joint. You can treat knee pain with some home remedies and natural remedies. These remedies are very effective in treating knee pain.
Symptoms of Knee Pain:
- Swelling and stiffness in the affected area.
- Redness and warmth on the knee
- Weakness in the bone
- Unable to straighten the knee
Causes of Knee Pain:
- Fractures- This is a very painful injury as bones in the knee break.
- Ligament Injuries- ACL (Anterior Cruciate Ligament) injury is the most common injury. This ligament injury is related to sports that’s why it occurs due to a sudden stop and changes in directions.
- Meniscus Injuries- The menisci work as shock absorber between bones in the knee as it is made up of cartilage.
- Dislocation- Dislocation of the knee joint can occur and requires immediate attention. This type of injury happens during a motor vehicle accident when your knee hits the dashboard.
Home Remedies for Knee Pain Treatment:
These home remedies will be very helpful to treat your knee pain. So follow these remedies.
1.) Lemon for Knee Pain Treatment Fast & Naturally
Lemon is essential and beneficial as a home remedy for knee pain which is caused by arthritis. Lemon contains citric acid which acts as a solvent for uric acid crystals.
Steps to Use Lemon to Treat Knee Pain Naturally:
- Take one lemon and cut into small pieces.
- And tie these lemon pieces in a cotton cloth and dip this cloth in a warm sesame oil.
- Put this cloth on the affected knee for 5 to 10 minutes. Do this remedy daily until the knee gets relief from pain.
2.) Turmeric to Treat Arthritis and Joint Pain Naturally
Turmeric is a natural treatment to treat knee pain fast. Curcumin chemical found in turmeric, as it has antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties that can help to reduce knee pain.
Steps to Use Turmeric to Cure Knee Pain Fast:
- Mix one-half teaspoon of ground ginger and turmeric in a cup of water and boil it for ten minutes.
- Add a little honey to taste and strain this solution. Enjoy this solution 2 times a day.
- Another method, boil a glass of milk and add one teaspoon of turmeric powder into it.
- Add a little honey to sweeten this milk and drink it 2 times daily.
3.) Ginger to Get Relief in Knee Pain Naturally
Ginger is one of the best home remedies for all types of knee pain. Due to its anti-inflammatory compounds, it can reduce swelling on the knee as well as the knee pain.
Steps to Use Ginger for Knee Pain Treatment:
- Cut the ginger root into small pieces and add it to a cup of water and boil it for ten minutes.
- Add lemon juice and a little honey and then strain it.
- To get relief from pain drink this ginger tea 2 to 3 times daily.
- You can also use ginger oil to massage the affected knee until the pain is gone.
4.) Cayenne Pepper to Treat Knee Pain Fast
Capsaicin in cayenne pepper acts like a pain reliever. Capsaicin contains pain relieving or natural analgesic property which produces a warm sensation and reduces knee pain.
Steps to Use Cayenne Pepper to Prevent Knee Pain:
- Make a paste by adding 2 teaspoons of cayenne pepper powder and one-half cup of olive oil (warm).
- For at least one week apply this mixture on the affected area.
- You can also combine a one-half teaspoon of cayenne pepper powder and one cup of apple cider vinegar. Until the pain is reduced soak the affected knee in this solution for 20 minutes 2 times daily.
5.) Apple Cider Vinegar to Cure Knee Pain Fast
Apple cider vinegar plays a vital role in reducing knee pain. Apple cider vinegar contains alkalizing effect which helps to dissolve harmful toxins and mineral build-up within the knee joint.
Steps to Use ACV to Treat Knee Pain Naturally:
- Take 2 teaspoons of apple cider vinegar and 2 cups of filtered water and mix them. Drink this mixture several times a day until you recover completely.
- You can also pour 2 cups of apple cider vinegar in a bathtub of warm water. Put your affected knee in the tub for half an hour. Do this remedy daily for a few days.
- You can also massage by adding one teaspoon of apple cider vinegar and olive oil. Massage your affected knee daily until you get relief completely.
6.) Exercise for Knee Pain Treatment
Exercise is essential to control weight and strengthen the muscles which support the joint.
Steps to do Exercise to Get Rid of Knee Pain:
- Go for a brisk walk daily at least for 15 minutes.
- Do joint targeted exercises like stretches and some other exercises which targets joint that help to get rid of pain and stiffness.
7.) Eucalyptus Oil to Treat Knee Pain Fast
Eucalyptus oil provides pain relieving or analgesic properties that can help to treat knee pain. The cooling sensation comes from this oil, which can ease your knee pain from arthritis.
Steps to Use Eucalyptus Oil to Cure Knee Pain Naturally:
- Combine together 5 to 7 drops of each of eucalyptus oil and peppermint oil. Then, add 2 tablespoons of olive oil into it.
- Store this solution in a dark glass bottle and keep it away from direct sunlight.
- Massage this mixture onto your knee whenever you feel pain. Massage daily, for some days, until you get relief from pain.
8.) Fenugreek Seeds to Cure Knee Pain Fast
Due to their antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties fenugreek seeds can prevent knee pain. Fenugreek seeds are very beneficial due to its warm nature.
Steps to Use Fenugreek Seeds for Knee Pain Treatment:
- Add 1 teaspoon of fenugreek seeds in filtered water overnight. In the morning, remove the water and chew the seeds. Do this daily for 1 or 2 weeks for desired results.
- Another method, grind some fenugreek seeds and store them in an airtight container. Then add enough water to this mixture to make a thick paste. Apply this mixture on the affected knee. Keep it for 30 minutes and then wash it off with warm water. Use this remedy 2 times daily for a week.
9.) Use Epsom Salt to Treat Knee Pain Fast
Magnesium sulfate is present in Epsom salt, which is helpful to provide relief from knee pain. Magnesium acts as a natural muscle relaxant that can help to remove excess fluid from the tissues, resulting in reducing swelling, inflammation and pain.
Steps to Use Epsom Salt to Reduce Knee Pain:
- Warm some water and add one-half cup of Epsom salt into it. Then stir it well.
- Use this warm solution to soak the affected knee for 15 minutes.
- Do this remedy daily for a few weeks until you get relief from pain.
10.) Mustard Oil for Knee Pain Treatment
Use warm mustard oil for massage your knee as it helps to improve blood circulation in the knee and relieves pain.
Steps to Use Mustard Oil to Avoid Knee Pain:
- Warm 2 teaspoons of mustard oil.
- Take one garlic clove and fry it until it turns brown. Let it cool down and then strain it.
- Massage your affected knee with this lukewarm oil in circular motions.
- Use plastic wrap to cover your knee.
- Then take a warm towel and place it on the knee for a few minutes. Repeat this twice daily for 1 to 2 weeks.