It is mostly unnoticeable when the mosquito bites because It takes six seconds for a mosquito to bite. These small creatures leave a reddish bump with a skin irritation even for more than 1 days after the fact. Most mosquito bites are harmless, but there is some harmful one also that causes malaria, dengue and other diseases. Mosquitoes bite because they are very thirsty for human blood. They use their sharp, thin and elongated mouthpiece to bite the skin of the host and suck up the blood. The bite, which might appear creates a bump that is swollen, sore, and itchy. Try to avoid mosquito bites by using mosquito nets and other products like creams or mosquito repellents.
Home Remedies for Mosquito Bites Treatment:
- Home Remedies for Mosquito Bites Treatment:
- 1.) Honey to Cure Mosquito Bites
- 2.) Crushed Ice to Get Rid of Mosquito Bites
- 3.) Aloe Vera Gel to Heal Mosquito Bites
- 4.) Garlic to Get Rid of Mosquito Bites
- 5.) Tooth Paste to Remove Mosquito Bites
- 6.) Lemon Juice to Cure Mosquito Bites
- 7.) Salt to Remove Mosquito Bites
- 8.) Baking Soda to Get Rid of Mosquito Bites
- 9.) Apply Alcohol to Remove Mosquito Bites
- 10.) Tea Tree Oil to Get Rid of Mosquito Bites
1.) Honey to Cure Mosquito Bites
Honey contains anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory properties. This sweetest substance is a common and best among all the home remedies for mosquito bites. It has powerful medicinal history that is very beneficial to cure various ailments and bites. A small drop on an itchy bite may be just the relief you need. It will magically reduce the redness and swelling at the bite.
2.) Crushed Ice to Get Rid of Mosquito Bites
Cold temperatures will reduce inflammation and reaction. The cold compression also reduces redness of the skin, which can give you immediate relief. It is the best recommended to use a cold pack or a bag filled with crushed ice to give a cold compression on the mosquito bite. Don’t give a too long compression because it can damage the affected skin, and also remember to put a washcloth as a barrier between your skin and the ice.
3.) Aloe Vera Gel to Heal Mosquito Bites
Aloe Vera gel is the best natural way that can be used as the home remedies for mosquito bites. It has anti-septic properties that really help to cure the mosquito bites very effectively. It works as a whole because it helps to vanish the swelling and redness and its cooling agents provide chilling effects of the bite which reduces flaming sensation. To try this home remedy for mosquito bites, all you have to cut and open a leaf of aloe vera plant. Apply the plant’s gel to that affected area.
4.) Garlic to Get Rid of Mosquito Bites
Garlic helps to reduce swelling and relieve the itching in mosquito bites. Moreover, their strong smell will help you to stay away from the insects and mosquitoes. Simply take some garlic gloves and roughly crush it with the help of a knife.
5.) Tooth Paste to Remove Mosquito Bites
Toothpaste contains mint which has cooling property this is the best rapid and effective home remedies for mosquito bites. Just simply apply it on the affected area, it will remove the inflammation and itching feeling. Apply it on the affected area and rinse it for 10 minutes.
6.) Lemon Juice to Cure Mosquito Bites
Lemon contains natural anti-septic and vitamin C which alkalize the reaction and help to get rid of mosquito bites. These properties make them very useful to treat mosquito bites.
- Simply cut a lemon into two pieces and rub the inside of one of the halves against your itchy skin for quick relief. You can try rubbing the yellow rind of the lemon over your skin too.
- Apply lemon juice to the bites to help reduce the chance of developing an infection.
- Another option is to add crushed basil leaves to lemon juice and apply the mixture onto the affected area.
7.) Salt to Remove Mosquito Bites
Salt is another easy and best home remedy for mosquito bites due to its antiseptic and anti-inflammatory agents. Use it to reduce the swelling and flaming sensations.
- Make a paste using a few drops of water and a spoon of table salt. Apply the paste on to the affected area.
- Another option is to make a paste using garlic salt, seasoning salt and water in equal amounts. Apply this paste onto the affected area. It may cause a burning sensation for a few seconds, but great relief will follow.
- If you live near a beach, go swimming to bathe your skin in the natural salt present in the water.
8.) Baking Soda to Get Rid of Mosquito Bites
It is found easily in every kitchen, baking soda can be used as home remedies for mosquito bites. It is well known as sodium bicarbonate, baking soda is used to equalize the reaction and helps to reduce the redness and swelling of the bites
Make a baking soda paste with the help of water. Apply it to the mosquito bite. Rinse it off after 10 minutes.
9.) Apply Alcohol to Remove Mosquito Bites
Alcohol will reduce the allergy and stop its further effects to your skin. It will also help to reduce the redness and swelling in the skin.
- Take a cotton ball dip it in an alcohol.
- Squeeze the cotton ball to remove the extra drops of alcohol.
- Apply this cotton to affected area for 10 minutes.
- Repeat this 3 to 4 times a day.
10.) Tea Tree Oil to Get Rid of Mosquito Bites
Tea tree oil contains a good amount of antiseptic component that can treat a mosquito bite or wounds very effectively. It also helps to reduce swelling and itchiness. Use a cotton ball to apply tea tree oil to the mosquito bite area. It is highly recommended that a person with a sensitive skin, should not use tea tree oil as it can cause skin irritation. You can apply other essential oils like lavender or cedar oil.