In this article we will discuss several home remedies for obesity and weight loss. Being obese not only affects your physical appearance, but also affects you mentally and socially. Obesity is a medical condition in which a person weighs more than what is considered as a healthy weight for a particular height. A person weighs more due to the accumulation of excess body fat. There are different weight ranges such as underweight, healthy weight, overweight and obese range. To know in which category you fall, you can find same by calculating your Body Mass Index. BMI is calculated by dividing your weight (in kilograms) by the square of height (in meters). BMI of a healthy person lies between the range of 18.5 to 24.9. Below this range person is considered to be underweight. Above 24.9 but less than 29.9 is considered to be overweight. If your BMI is 30 or more than 30, you are suffering from obesity. Being obese is a very serious problem. It makes the person more prone to many deadly diseases and health problems. An obese is prone to health conditions such as high blood pressure, heart disease and diabetes. So, it is quite necessary to lose weight in order to lower the risk of such disease and health problems. It is not so difficult to lose weight. You just need to make a few changes in your lifestyle. Along with a healthy lifestyle and following below listed home remedies for obesity and weight loss, one can easily have a healthy body and healthy life. Let us know the causes and symptoms first.
Causes of Obesity:
- Lack of physical activities.
- Poor lifestyle
- Eating junk food such as fried and oily food.
- Sluggish metabolism
- Sleeping disorder
Symptoms of Obesity:
- Increased weight
- Difficulty in breathing
- Shortness of breath
- Getting tired easily
- Difficulty in sleeping
Home Remedies for Obesity and Weight Loss Treatment
1.) Aloe Vera Remedy to Treat Obesity
Aloe Vera is quite helpful in getting rid of obesity because it enhances the metabolism, promotes energy consumption, and move accumulated fat in your body. It has natural collagen proteins, which makes the body work rigorously to absorb proteins properly. Plus, it helps flush out toxins and wastes from your digestive system and colon. Aloe Vera is one of the best home remedies for obesity and weight loss.
Directions to Use Aloe Vera to Overcome Obesity:
- Take a few fresh Aloe Vera leaves, extract the pulp out of it.
- Mix it in a blender along with 1 cup of citrus juice, like orange, grapefruit juice, or just plain water.
- Mix it for 2-3 minutes.
- Drink this once, daily for a month to see improvement.
2.) Green Tea Remedy for Weight Loss
Green tea is another effective natural remedy to encourage weight loss. Green tea contains a compound known as epigallocatechin-3-gallate (EGCG). This compound helps to lower the rate of weight gain by discouraging absorption of fat and encouraging the body to use stored fat. Green tea is one of the top home remedies for obesity and weight loss.
Directions to Use Green Tea for Obesity Treatment:
- Take a green tea bag and put it in a cup.
- Pour boiled water over the tea bag in a cup.
- Steep it for 2-3 minutes before drinking.
- Drink 3-4 cups of green tea every day to fight obesity.
- You can add honey to sweeten it and for added benefits.
3.) Curry Leaves Remedy for Obesity and Weight Loss
Consuming 8-12 fresh curry leaves every day in the morning helps effectively in losing weight. Curry leaves also act as a great remedy to get rid of diabetes. Curry leaves are known to have an alkaloid named as mahanimbine. Mahanimbine helps to lower down lipid production. As a result, it helps to lose body weight and as well lowers the level of cholesterol and triglyceride.
- Eat curry leaves regularly for at least 3 to 4 months for visible result.
4.) Lemon Juice Remedy to get Rid of Obesity and Weight Loss Naturally
Lemon juice is among the best home remedies for obesity and weight loss. It helps enhance digestion and helps in detoxification. Healthy digestion is very necessary to lose weight. This is because proper digestion provide the body with required nutrients to burn fat fast. Plus, it also helps flush out toxins and wastes from your body, which are responsible for slow metabolism. Here are the methods.
Directions to Use Lemon Juice to Get Rid of Obesity:
- Add 3 tsp of lemon juice, 1 tsp of honey, ½ tsp of black pepper powder in a glass of water.
- Drink this mixture every morning on an empty stomach.
- Take in this daily for at least 3 months to see results.
- You can mix 1 tsp of lemon juice in a glass of warm water.
- Drink it in the morning on an empty stomach for a couple of months.
5.) Apple Cider Vinegar (or ACV) Remedy for Obesity and Weight Loss
Apple cider vinegar or ACV is another excellent home remedy to lose excess weight. ACV helps to improve digestion and promotes breaking down of fat as well. Therefore, it prevents your body from accumulating fat. It is one of the effective home remedies for obesity and weight loss.
Directions to Use ACV for Obesity and Losing Weight:
- Mix 2 tsp of raw ACV in a glass of water.
- Drink it every day in the morning on an empty stomach.
- You can also add lemon juice to taste and added benefits from lemon.
- Just take 2 tbsp of ACV in a day, as consuming excess of it may lower the level of blood potassium over a period of time and also lower your bone mineral density.
6.) Cabbage for Obesity and Weight Loss
Include raw or boiled cabbage in your weight loss diet. This essential food for weight loss has tartaric acid. It helps prevent the conversion of sugar and carbohydrates into fat. In addition, cabbage is a rich source of Vitamin C and as well it is quite low in calories. It is rich in fiber and water content. Presence of fibers helps suppress excess appetite.
Being a cruciferous vegetable, cabbage has phytochemicals. Phytochemicals help balance the level of estrogen metabolism. As high estrogen level is responsible for the accumulation of fat, breast cancer, ovarian cancer, and several other diseases.
7.) Cayenne Pepper Remedy to Control Obesity and to Lose Weight
Cayenne pepper helps in controlling obesity and losing weight effectively. Cayenne pepper has capsaicin, which encourages your body to use fat and boost the energy. It also improves digestion and suppresses excessive hunger caused due to the malabsorption of nutrients in your body. Cayene pepper is one of the greatest home remedies for obesity and weight loss.
Directions to Use Cayenne Pepper to Treat Obesity:
- Pour a glass of hot water over ¼ tsp of cayenne pepper in a cup.
- Add ½ fresh lemon juice in it and mix it well.
- Sip this tea every day 1-2 times daily for a month at least.
- Mix equal amount lemon juice and maple syrup in 1 glass of water.
- Add a pinch of cayenne pepper and drink it.
8.) Cinnamon and Honey for Obesity and Weight Loss
Drinking cinnamon and honey tea will help to encourage your metabolism. It will enhance your energy level, and detoxify the body. All these actions are essential for losing weight. Honey helps to combat obesity by encouraging fat metabolism. On the other hand, cinnamon prevents you from eating in excess by combating insulin resistance. It also decreases oxidative stress related to metabolic syndrome.
Directions to Use Cinnamon and Honey to Lose Weight:
- Add 1 cup of hot water over 1 tsp of cinnamon powder.
- Let it steep for 30 minutes.
- Now, add 1 tsp of raw honey in it.
- Drink half of this solution in the morning on an empty stomach and the rest half before breakfast.
- Drink it regularly for a few weeks to see results.
9.) Tomatoes for Obesity and Weight Loss
Consuming tomatoes every morning on an empty stomach is quite useful to treat obesity and lose weight. Do not remove the peels and seeds because they have dietary fiber in them. Tomatoes has compounds, that helps to regulate the levels of hormones responsible for affecting your appetite.
Tomatoes are known to be rich in magnesium, manganese, folate, Vitamins A, C, and K, choline, and other nutrients- all are essential for your health. Plus, tomatoes are loaded with antioxidants, which protect you against cancers and other diseases.
10.) Fennel Seeds for Obesity and Weight Loss
Fennel seeds are known to be quite useful in treating obesity and weight loss. This is because fennel seeds has diuretic properties. Diuretics help you lose weight faster by discouraging water retention in your body. Though, it is not a permanent solution for weight loss, but it can help along with other remedies quite efficiently.
Directions to Use Fennel Seed for Obesity and Overweight: