In this article we will discuss different home remedies for obesity treatment. Some of you people might be eating to live, but there are also people who live to eat. People who live to eat are more prone to suffer from obesity. Obesity is a silent killer, it can make your life miserable and full of health problems. A person is said to be obese if he/she has too much of fat stored in the body weight. But, how one can know whether he/she is obese or not? Obesity in a person can be measured with the help of Body Mass Index (BMI) calculation. BMI between 18 to 25 years of age is considered normal and healthy. Obesity is slowly shaping as an epidemic in USA and other parts of world too. Statically more than 30% American people are suffering from obesity. And, more than 3 million Americans die due to obesity related problems every year. Obesity itself is not deadly, but it makes you more vulnerable to deadly health problems. If treated timely, it is not tough to get rid of obesity. You don’t need to take any expensive treatments and remedies for obesity problem. With little change in your lifestyle along with some simple home remedies for obesity (listed below), one can lower the chances of suffering from any deadly disease caused due to obesity. Before discussing remedies for obesity, let us know the types and causes of obesity.
Types of Obesity:
- Overweight: A person is considered to be overweight if his/her weight is 10 to 20 percent more than the normal body weight.
- Obese: A person is considered to be obese if his/her weight is more than 20 percent than the normal body weight.
- A normal body weight depends on height, sex, age, and body structure.
Causes of Obesity:
- Poor lifestyle
- Lack of physical activities.
- Junk food consumption
- Eating high calorie food.
Home Remedies for Obesity Treatment:
1.) Detoxifying Drink as a Remedy for Obesity Treatment
To lose weight you not only have to keep a check on your calorie intake but also on your digestive system. Your digestive system helps in breaking down of accumulated fat. It also helps in removing toxins from the body. When your body is free of toxins, its working efficiency increases, which result in improved metabolism. Drinking detoxifying tea can help get rid of toxins from your body.
Directions to Prepare a Detox Drink:
- Take a cup of water and boil it.
- Add a little bit of cumin, fennel seeds and coriander to the boiling water.
- Let it boil for further five minutes.
- Strain the tea in a cup
- Allow it to cool before drinking.
- Drink 2-3 cups of tea for fast results.
2.) Lemon Juice and Honey Water as a Remedy for Obesity
Lemon juice and honey water is the most easy, effective and exploited remedy to treat obesity. It is one of the easiest ways to improve and maintain a healthy metabolism. It also helps lose weight fast and naturally.
Directions to Prepare Lemon and Honey Drink:
- Take 1 glass of warm water.
- Add 2 teaspoons of lemon juice and 1 tsp of honey to one glass of warm water.
- Mix it well.
- Drink this every morning on an empty stomach.
- You can also have it at night as well before going to bed.
3.) Black Pepper and Lemon Juice as a Remedy for Weight Loss
Like adding honey to lemon juice is very effective to get rid of obesity, same way, adding black pepper to honey is very useful. The combo of black pepper and honey works great to increase metabolism and reduce obesity.
Directions to Use Black Pepper and Lemon Juice:
- Take some water and warm it a bit.
- Add 2 tsp of lemon juice in a glass of warm water.
- Add a pinch of black pepper in lemon water and stir it well.
- Drink 2-3 glass of this mixture every day.
- Drinking on an empty stomach is preferred
4.) Ginger as a Remedy for Obesity Prevention
This is one of the best remedies for obesity. Ginger is another common herb which is quite useful in various health conditions. Ginger is widely used for preparing Ayurvedic medicine and traditional Chinese medicine. Even in present research, ginger is proved to have much more use than just as an Ayurvedic or Chinese medicine. Ginger is useful in treating motion sickness, nausea, vomiting, and is also used in chemotherapy for cancer treatment.
Ginger is quite beneficial to treat obesity also as it helps to balance the pH level of your tummy. It also help in improving digestion process. It helps in the processing of the blood glucose and accumulated fat effectively. It helps in lowering the cholesterol level in your body.
Directions to Use Ginger:
- Add some ginger powder in a cup of water.
- Boil it for a few minutes.
- After that, steep it for 3-5 minutes.
- Drink it several times a day.
- Add honey for added benefits if you want.
- Alternatively, you can also chew small pieces of ginger before your meal.
5.) Apple Cider Vinegar as a Remedy for Obesity Prevention
Apple cider vinegar is another famous home remedy for obesity, which helps to reduce excess weight. It is quite effective in breaking down of fat in your body. Thus, it discourages the accumulation of fat.
Directions to Use Apple Cider Vinegar:
- Take a glass of water and add two tsp of apple cider vinegar to it.
- Have this daily in the morning before meals.
- You can use it another way as well, just take a glass of water and mix 1 teaspoon each of raw, unfiltered apple cider vinegar and honey.
6.) Green Tea as a Remedy Lose Weight Fast and Naturally
Green tea is one of the most excellent home remedies to get rid of obesity. A study has shown that green tea has a compound known as epigalloceatechin-3-gallate (EGCG) which slows down the weight gaining process. It reduces the absorption of fat and discourages the stored fat by promoting the body’s capacity to use fat.
Directions to Use Green Tea:
- Drink about 2-3 cups of green tea regularly to reduce obesity and other health benefits.
- You can add honey as well for added benefits.
7.) Aloe Vera as a Remedy for Obesity
Aloe Vera is considered to be quite helpful among the remedies for obesity due to its metabolism stimulating properties. Aloe Vera Promotes consumption of energy and helps in breaking down of stored food. It also helps in detoxifying your digestive system. Here is the method.
Directions to Use Aloe Vera:
- Take some fresh Aloe Vera leaves and cut it into half.
- Extract the pulp from these leaves.
- Add Aloe Vera pulp along with any citrus juice and blend the mixture well.
- You can simply add water instead of any juice.
- Drink it every day 2 times, at least for a month.
8.) Cabbage as a Natural Remedy for Obesity Treatment
Cabbage is an excellent source of Vitamin C, potassium, fiber and other important nutrient. Due to the rich fiber contents, cabbage can keep you full for a long with fewer calories. Apart from all the beneficial nutrients, cabbage also helps prevent sugar and carbohydrates from converting into fat. This happens due to the presence of tartaric acid. Thus, it is one of the most effective remedies for obesity.
Directions to Use Cabbage:
- You can cook some green leafy cabbage for your breakfast to keep you full all day long.
- Include it as a salad in your diet.
- You can have raw cabbage as well.
9.) Honey as a Home Remedy to Treat Obesity
Including honey to your daily diet will help improve your metabolism. It will also promote energy which will help in breaking of stored fat in your body. Honey also acts as a good detoxifying agent. Here are the methods.
Directions to Use Honey:
- Simply add 1 tsp of honey in a glass of warm water.
- Add some lemon juice in it for added benefits.
- Drink 2-3 glass for faster result.
- Take some cinnamon and boil it with water.
- Let it cool a bit before drinking.
- Add 1 tsp of honey into it.
- Drink it everyday 2-3 times to get rid of obesity faster.
10.) Running to Get Rid of Obesity Fast and Naturally
Running exercise is a perfect substitute for a gym. Running every morning is very healthy as you breathe fresh air which makes you feel fresh, cheer your mood, and toughen your lungs and heart. Here are the steps for running exercise.
- First week, start by walking for half an hour.
- From second week, run for 1 minute and walk for 4 minutes. Repeat it 6 times to complete a half an hour Jogging. Continue this for a few weeks to get used to it.
- After a few weeks, you can increase your running time to 2 minutes and dropping the walking time to 3 minutes. Do this for a month.
- After every month, increase your running time proportionate to your walking duration. You can increase your jogging duration from 30 minutes to 1 hour as well.