It is the very common type of arthritis that is also known as degenerative joint arthritis. It basically occurs due to the breakdown of the cartilage present inside the joints. All such condition causes the bones to rub against one another. It is very serious kind of problem and almost 27 million people in the United States suffer from it. This problem usually gets developed at the age of 40-60 years. Hence, it is very important to cure it as soon as possible. To recover soon from kind of disease, you can use various home remedies for osteoarthritis treatment.
Causes of Osteoarthritis:
Here are the main causes of osteoarthritis. They are as follows:
- Bone Deformities
- Old age
- Any kind of joint injury
- If you have any kind of genetic defect in the joint cartilage.
- Experiencing stress on the joints by performing certain vigorous physical activities or playing sports.
Symptoms of Osteoarthritis:
- You will experience back pain due to the fractured or collapsed vertebra.
- There will be the loss of height over time.
- It will result in a stooped posture.
- You can even experience a bone fracture that occurs much more easily than expected.
Home Remedies for Osteoarthritis Treatment:
Here are few home remedies for osteoarthritis treatment. Follow them sincerely to get rid of osteoarthritis.
1.) Use Hot and Cold Compress for Osteoarthritis Treatment
You can use both hot and cold compress to manage the joint pain. It is considered to be one of the best home remedies for osteoarthritis. The hot compress plays a major role in reducing the pain and stiffness of the joints while a cold compress helps in reducing the inflammation. To use this remedy, follow these steps:
- To prepare a hot compress, just wrap hot water bottle in a thin and soft towel.
- To prepare a cold compress, just by wrapping few ice cubes in a thin towel or cloth.
- Now, put the hot compress on the painful and affected joints for 2-3 minutes.
- After this, replace it with the cold compress. Leave it for about 1 minute.
- Repeat this process for 15-20 minutes to experience the best results.
Note: Depending on your health condition, you may use compress separately as well.
2.) Exercise to Treat Osteoarthritis
Exercise is the best way to deal with the osteoarthritis effectively. It is one of the best methods used to increase the endurance and strength of the muscles around your joints. This in turn also helps in improving the mobility of it. Moreover, you will remain fit and lose weight by exercising on a regular basis.
- So start doing the aerobic exercises like cycling, walking, running, or swimming for at least 30 minutes on a regular basis two times in a day.
- You can also perform resistance training and gentle weight training for few times in a week to build powerful muscles.
- Also, start performing the range of motion exercises on a regular basis for at least 30 minutes.
Note: Try to avoid high-impact sports, as it can increase the risk of injury.
3.) Massage to Treat Osteoarthritis
Regular massage on joints can do wonder on the joint pain. It is one of the best ways to reduce the intensity of pain on the joints., swelling and inflammation caused due to osteoarthritis. It even improves the blood circulation of the body plus it gives the soothing effect on inflamed muscles. So, start massaging your joints with essential oils to treat osteoarthritis effectively.
4.) Epsom Salt to Cure Osteoarthritis
Epsom salt is a great source of magnesium, hence, it helps a lot in reducing muscle pain and inflammation effectively. To prepare this remedy, follow these steps:
- Take warm bath water and add 2 cups of Epsom salt in it.
- Soak in this water for 20-30 minutes.
- Repeat this process 2-3 times a day for few weeks.
Note: People suffering from kidney problem or diabetes must avoid this bath at any cost.
5.) Ginger to Get Rid of Osteoarthritis
Ginger is another one of the effective home remedies for osteoarthritis treatment. A purified ginger extract can reduce pain in patients with osteoarthritis effectively. It even contains antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties that can do wonders for the skin. To prepare this remedy, follow these steps:
- Start drinking 2-3 cups of ginger tea on a regular basis. To prepare this tea, just add ginger root and boil it in one cup of water for 8-10 minutes. Strain it, once the tea gets ready and adds a little amount of honey in it.
- You even start chewing fresh ginger slices on a regular basis.
- Moreover, you can also add the dry ginger powder in your dishes as well.
- Also, you can massage your painful joints with ginger oil to reduce the pain.
6.) Apple Cider Vinegar to Treat Osteoarthritis
It is also one of the effective treatment of osteoarthritis as it helps in getting rid of toxins that cause stiffness and pain in the joints. To use this remedy, follow these steps:
- Mix 1 teaspoon of honey in one teaspoon of unfiltered and raw apple cider vinegar. Mix it well and add it to a glass of warm water. Drink this solution at least twice a day, most preferably before having the meals.
- You can even mix together the extra-virgin olive oil with one teaspoon of apple cider vinegar.Mix it well and use this solution to massage the joints for few days.
7.) Turmeric to Cure Osteoarthritis
Turmeric is one of the best home remedies for osteoarthritis. It contains a compound called curcumin that has anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties present it. It is also one of the best home remedies for osteoarthritis. To prepare this remedy, follow these steps:
- Just take one glass of warm milk and add 1 teaspoon of turmeric powder in it.
- Now, add a little honey to this solution.
- Mix it well.
- Drink this solution twice on a regular basis for a few days.
- Another alternate way is to take turmeric extract, 300 mg doses thrice a day. But consume it only after consulting a doctor.Also, don’t forget to include turmeric powder in your dishes to get best results.
8.) Fenugreek Treat Osteoarthritis
Fenugreek is one of the most popular Ayurvedic remedies for osteoarthritis. The fenugreek seeds also contain amazing anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties, which helps in treating the osteoarthritis effectively. It even contains minerals and nutrients like calcium, phosphorous, and iron that is needed to keep the bones and tissues healthy. To prepare this remedy, follow these steps:
- Take one cup of water and add one teaspoon of fenugreek seeds in it. Leave this solution overnight so that these seeds get soaked in water completely. In the morning, eat these soaked seeds. Do this on a regular basis.
- Another alternate way is to mix 1 teaspoon of fenugreek seed powder in a warm glass of water. Drink this 2-3 times on a regular basis.
- You may even apply the paste of fenugreek seeds on the affected area to get rid of the pain.
9.) Drink Green Tea to Get Rid of Osteoarthritis
This antioxidant herbal tea not only do wonder on the skin, but it can even prevent the inflammation and provide soothing effects. So, start drinking green tea on a regular basis to treat osteoarthritis.
10.) Cinnamon to Cure Osteoarthritis
It is one of the best remedies that provide ease in the stiff muscles. To prepare it, follow these steps:
- Take a warm glass of water and mix 1 teaspoon of cinnamon powder and 1 tablespoon of honey in it. Drink this amazing drink every morning on an empty stomach.
- Another alternate way is to make a paste of cinnamon powder by adding water to it. You may also add a little honey to increase the efficiency of this paste. Massage with this paste on affected area to get the best results.
Few Facts About Osteoarthritis:
Here are few fascinating facts about osteoarthritis:
- The condition of osteoarthritis is genetic if one of your parents have it, then you also have a huge risk of having this problem.
- Osteoarthritis can be developed due to obesity. If you are obese then you have a very high risk of developing this problem. So, it is always recommended to maintain a healthy weight of your body to stay healthy and prevent the risk of developing osteoarthritis.
- Muscle weakness is considered to be a big reason for the development of the condition of osteoarthritis. It can increase the risks of injury and knee osteoarthritis.
Other Ways to Treat Osteoarthritis:
Here are few other ways that you may follow to treat osteoarthritis.
- Improve joint function
- Try to control pain
- Follow a healthy lifestyle
- Keep a healthy body weight
Also, osteoarthritis treatment plans may involve following things.
- Rest and joint care
- Weight control
- Non-drug pain relief techniques for controlling pain
- Complementary and alternative therapies
So, follow these home remedies and treat the problem of osteoarthritis at home. Also, if you are following any medications then consider doctor before using these remedies. It is a great way to recover soon. So, use these remedies to cure osteoarthritis.