After writing how to get pale skin?, how to get lighter skin?, and how to get fair skin fast permanently?, we are now writing home remedies for peeling skin treatment. There are a number of skin related problems depending on the type of skin. Some problems are associated with oily skin such as acne, blackheads, whiteheads etc. Similarly, some others are linked to dry skin and the most prominent problem is peeling of skin. If you are facing peeling of skin problem then this article is helpful for you. We have shared some amazing home remedies for peeling skin treatment, which is very beneficial for your skin.
Peeling skin is the loss of the uppermost layer of the skin that is the epidermis. The reason behind the loss of the uppermost layer of your skin is exposed to the sun and the UV rays for prolonged periods of time. It is caused by itching, dryness, rash and other irritating skin problems. At regular intervals, the outer layer is replaced with new skin and also your dead skin starts to peel off. This is the natural part of the healing process. In some cases, there may be excessive peeling on the fingers, on the face and other parts of the body. Peeling skin is not a serious problem and can go on its own. There are some home remedies that will help you to treat peeling skin.
Symptoms of Peeling Skin:
- Dryness of the skin
- Irritation and itching
- Rashes and redness
- Burning sensation
- Swelling of the skin
Causes of Peeling Skin:
- Fungal and staph infections.
- Skin allergic reaction
- Cancer and chemotherapy
- Skin disorder
Home Remedies for Peeling Skin Treatment:
These remedies will help to get healthy and nourished skin and also prevent from peeling skin.
1.) Yogurt as a Home Remedy for Peeling Skin Treatment
Yogurt is a home remedy for peeling skin as it contains enzymes, minerals, acids and trace elements. It also works as a deep moisturizer for dry skin. It is the best treatment method to revive your skin.
Steps to Use Yogurt to Treat Peeling Skin Fast:
- Combine 2 tablespoons of yogurt and 2 tablespoons of honey. Apply this mixture gently on the affected skin. Let it dry on its own. Then wash it off with warm water.
- An alternate method, prepare a mixture by adding the pulp of half-ripe banana and 2 tablespoons of yogurt. Apply this paste to the affected skin. Leave it for 15 minutes and then rinse it off with warm water. You can choose one of these remedies and do it 2 times a day until you get the best results.
2.) Mint to Treat Peeling Skin Naturally
Mint is a herb which is very beneficial to treat peeling skin. Due to its calming effect, it helps to moisturize the skin and keep it rejuvenated and lighten your skin.
Steps to Use Mint to Get Rid of Peeling Skin Overnight:
- Take some fresh mint leaves and squeeze the juice from these leaves.
- Before going to bed, apply this mint juice on the affected skin.
- In the morning, wash your skin with lukewarm water. Use a towel to dry your face.
- Then apply a light moisturizer. Repeat this treatment daily until your peeling skin looks healthy.
3.) Honey to Cure Peeling Skin Fast & Naturally
Honey is one of the best home remedies for peeling skin treatment. It can help to refresh your peeling skin. Honey acts as a great natural skin moisturizer as it contains oil, water, fructose, and enzymes. It works best for dry skin and also reduces irritation and itchiness associated with peeling skin. Read here the other benefits of honey.
Steps to Use Honey to Prevent Peeling Skin Fast:
- Take a little honey and rub it on your affected area.
- Keep it for 10 to 20 minutes. Then rinse it off with lukewarm water.
- Combine together 1 teaspoon of honey, sandalwood powder, and turmeric powder.
- Apply this paste on your peeled skin. Let it dry for half an hour, then wash it off with lukewarm water.
- Repeat either of these remedies 2 to 3 times daily for one week to make your skin healthy.
4.) Cucumber for Peeling Skin Treatment After Sunburn
Cucumber contains lots of water and also it is a natural astringent which is helpful for keeping your skin hydrated. Due to its cooling effect, it helps to remove itching and irritation. It will help to reduce sunburn and facilitate skin repair due to the presence of vitamin C in cucumber. Cucumber is best to get great looking skin.
Steps to Use Cucumber to Cure Peeling Skin Fast:
- Take one cucumber and grate it well to make a paste. Apply it on the peeled skin. Keep it for 15 to 20 minutes. Then use warm water to wash it off. To maintain skin moisture do this procedure twice daily for 2 weeks.
- An alternate method, add one peeled cucumber in 2 tablespoons of aloe Vera gel. Blend it to make a smooth paste. Apply this paste on the peeled skin. Keep it for 10 minutes, then wash it off with warm water. Do it once to get relief from the peeling skin.
5.) Lemon and Sugar Scrub to Get Rid of Peeling Skin
Lemon is one of the best natural remedies for treating peeling skin. It is a strong astringent, as it has the ability to dissolve dead skin cells and help to eliminate peeling. Due to its soothing and peeling properties, it is good for your skin. When you use lemon with sugar it works as a good natural scrub for your skin. Lemon and lemon water, both are great for healthy skin.
Steps to Use Lemon and Sugar Scrub for Peeling Skin Treatment:
- Combine one-half cup of sugar, half teaspoon of lemon juice and one teaspoon of honey and olive oil.
- Apply this solution on your affected skin and rub it in circular motions for some time.
- Wash it off with cold water. Repeat this remedy twice a week until you get rid of your affected skin.
6.) Milk to Treat Peeling Skin Fast & Naturally
Milk is very effective and beneficial for dealing with peeling skin. It contains protein, which gives a soothing effect and the lactic acid will help to avoid itching as well as irritation. It is also very helpful in glowing skin naturally.
Steps to Use Milk for Peeling Skin Treatment:
- Take a washcloth and soak it in an ice-cold whole milk and squeeze out the excess milk.
- Place this washcloth on the affected skin for ten minutes.
- Use clean water to wash your skin. Follow the process 2 to 3 times daily until you get a healthy skin.
- The second method, add 2 tablespoons of whole milk in one teaspoon of honey.
- Massage gently on the affected skin with this mixture.
- Keep it for 10 minutes and then rinse it off with warm water. Repeat this twice daily for at least one week.
7.) Oatmeal Bath to Get Rid of Peeling Skin Fast
Oatmeal is very beneficial in reducing the irritation and itching, which is associated with peeling skin. Due to having soothing properties, it helps to moisturize the skin.
Steps to Use Oatmeal to Treat Peeling Skin:
- Take a bath tub which is filled with warm water and mix one cup of oatmeal into the bath tub.
- Soak your affected area in this soothing bath water for half an hour.
- Wash your body with clean water. Use a towel to dry your body.
- After then, apply moisturizer to your body. Repeat this remedy daily before going to bed until you get a healthy skin.
8.) Aloe Vera to Treat Peeling Skin Naturally
Aloe Vera has moisturizing and soothing properties that can help to cure peeling skin. It also reduces itching, irritation, and inflammation. Aloe vera and aloe vera juice both are beneficial for skin.
Steps to Use Aloe Vera to Get Rid of Peeling Skin Fast:
- Combine 2 tablespoons of fresh Aloe Vera gel and a little Vitamin E oil.
- Apply this solution on the affected area.
- Let it dry on its own and wash it off with warm water. Repeat this remedy 2 to 3 times daily for a week.
9.) Olive Oil for Peeling Skin Treatment
Olive oil acts as an excellent moisturizer for dry skin due to having skin-nourishing fatty acids. The oil helps in the coating and moisturizing the skin. Olive oil is rich in vitamin E which is beneficial for your healthy skin.
Steps to Use Olive Oil to Cure Peeling Skin Fast:
- Take some extra virgin oil and warm it in a microwave.
- Gently massage with warm olive oil on the affected area so that the oil enters deep into the skin.
- Do this 3 times daily to get better results.
- The alternate method, to make a thick paste, combine 2 tablespoons of salt with enough olive oil. Apply this paste as a body scrub to exfoliate dead skin cells. Follow this 2 times a week until your skin heals properly.
10.) Coconut Oil to Treat Peeling Skin Fast
For your peeling skin, coconut oil is one of the best remedies for treating peeling skin. Due to having fatty acids, it acts as an excellent skin moisturizer. Also, it has an antioxidant property which helps to reduce irritation and itching. Read here the top uses of coconut oil.
Steps to Use Coconut Oil for Peeling Skin Treatment:
- Slightly heat some extra virgin oil in a microwave.
- Gently massage with this oil on the peeled skin so that the oil is absorbed by the skin.
- Do this simple remedy daily, for some days.
Other Ways for Fast Relief to Treat Peeling Skin:
1.) Use Teabag to Sooth your Skin Fast
As the tea contains tannic acids catechins and theobromine, both are very much effective in repairing the damaged skin. When you applied the tea bag on peeling skin then these compound penetrate the skin and also activate the growth of new cells.
- Take a tea bag and soaked the bag in warm water.
- Allow the water to cool down.
- Lay the tea bag on the affected area where the skin is peeling.
2.) Fruits to Treat Peeling Skin Fast
Fruits are very helpful in getting relief from peeling skin. As some fruits have anthocyanin, pelargonidin, and cyanidin, these all have antioxidant properties which are very helpful in fighting against toxic free radicals. These fruits also consist of enzymes which are very effective in repairing the damaged protein of the skin.
- You can use these fruits like strawberry, banana, apple, cranberry, fig, pear and plum.
3.) Massage Your Skin With Oil to Heal Your Skin Fast
You can give massage to your skin with natural oil to treat peeling skin fast. You can use both germ oil and sesame oil which contains the high level of vitamin E, As they have tocopherols and tocotrienols that hydrate the top layer of the skin. So these oils can help you to repair your peeling skin.
- Before the massage, you need to wash the affected area with cool water.
- After cleaning the area, apply the sesame oil or wheat germ oil to the area.
- Wash the oil after 30 minutes.
4.) Use Sunscreen to Get Rid of Peeling Skin Fast
You can get rid of peeling skin y applying the sunscreen in every four to six hours. Sunscreen helps to protect your skin from UV rays as result your skin heals. Just apply the sunscreen 30 minutes before going outside so that your skin absorb it properly. Try to avoid direct sunlight in the noon when the UV exposure is very high.