This article focuses on home remedies for puffy eyes. Most of the girls, why girls only, even boys experience puffy eyes after a long hectic day. Puffy eyes are nothing but swelling beneath the eyes. The problem is caused due to an allergy, lack of sleep, stress and other reasons. Whatever the cause, the problem can be cured easily by applying simple natural remedies. Read more. home remedies for puffy eyes.
Symptoms of Puffy Eyes:
- Blurry vision
- Redness around the eyes.
- Burning sensation in eyes.
- Watery eyes
Causes of Puffy Eyes:
- Change in hormones
- Lack of sleep
- Excessive alcohol consumption
- Eye infection
- Contact Lenses
- Working for long hours
- Poor eye cosmetics
Household Remedies for Puffy Eyes Relief:
- Household Remedies for Puffy Eyes Relief:
- 1.) Potatoes for Treating Puffy Eyes
- 2.) Ice Pack or Cold Compress to Treat Puffy Eyes
- 3.) Tea Bags for Puffy Eyes
- 4.) Egg Whites to Get Rid of Puffiness
- 5.) Cucumber to Beat Puffiness
- 6.) Strawberries as a Remedy for Puffy Eyes
- 7.) Whole Milk Fights Back with Puffy Eyes
- 8.) Massage to Get Rid of Puffy Eyes
- 9.) Cold Water to Combat Puffy Eyes
- 10.) Rest to Treat Puffy Eyes
1.) Potatoes for Treating Puffy Eyes
How to Use Potatoes for Puffy Eyes?
- Peel and wash a dry potato.
- Grate the potato and wrap the grated part in the muslin or any washcloth.
- Dab this pack over the puffy eyes for 8-10 minutes
- Repeat this process until the puffiness bid adieu.
2.) Ice Pack or Cold Compress to Treat Puffy Eyes
Ice pack or cold compress relaxes the blood vessels and tightens the skin around the eyes. This eventually helps you to get rid of the puffy or tired eyes. If you don’t have ice- pack then you can make it at home also.
How to Use Ice Pack for Puffy Eyes?
- In a muslin or washcloth place a few ice cubes and wrap it. Your home made ice pack is ready.
- Dab the ice pack around the eyes until the puffiness vanishes away.
- You can also use refrigerated veggies bags as an ice pack.
- Alternatively, keep a few metal spoons in the refrigerator.
- After 10-15 minutes, when the metal spoon are cold enough use them as an ice pack.
- Change the metal spoon when it gets warm.
3.) Tea Bags for Puffy Eyes
Both black or green tea bag aids the puffiness around the eyes. The tea contains anti-irritant properties which reduce the swelling of eye lids and soothe the skin under the eyes. It also cures the redness and inflammation around the eyes.
How to Use Tea Bags for Puffy Eyes?
- Dip teabag into a cup of boiling water.
- Let the water soak the ingredients of the tea.
- Then, keep the tea bags in the freezer.
- When they are cool enough put them over both the eyes.
- Cover it with a washcloth and leave it for 10-15 minutes.
- Repeat the procedure to beat the puffiness.
4.) Egg Whites to Get Rid of Puffiness
Like ice pack egg white also tightens the skin under the eyes and reduces the inflammation due to puffiness. Moreover, it stimulates the blood circulation beneath the eyes. Not only this, it also treats dark circles.
How to Use Egg Whites for Puffy Eyes?
- In a bowl beat two egg whites.
- Beat them until you get a thick consistency. Then add 1-2 drops of the hazel witch into it.
- With a cotton ball or a soft brush apply the mixture under the eyes.
- Leave the mixture for 15 minutes and wash your eyes when the mixture dries.
- Apply this mixture regularly to get rid of puffiness under the eyes.
5.) Cucumber to Beat Puffiness
Cucumber contains certain enzymes which reduce the inflammation. And the astringent properties of the cucumber tightens the skin under the eyes. However, use chilled cucumber as it soothes the skin which eventually banishes the puffiness. Cucumber is also a perfect remedy for the dark circles and wrinkles around the skin.
How to Use Cucumber for Puffy Eyes?
- Place a thick slice of cucumber (refrigerated) under the eyes.
- Leave it for 10-15 minutes and replace the slice when it gets warm.
- Repeat this procedure until the puffiness fades away.
6.) Strawberries as a Remedy for Puffy Eyes
Strawberries contain hydroxy acid. The acid nourishes the skin and reduces puffiness around the eyes. Due to which the skin looks young and smooth. However, prefer chilled strawberries.
How to Use Strawberries for Puffy Eyes?
- Lie down and put a slice of chilled strawberries under both the eyes.
- Leave it for 10-15 minutes and replace old slices with fresh ones.
- It will relax your eyes and help you get rid of puffiness.
7.) Whole Milk Fights Back with Puffy Eyes
Whole milk is enriched with amino acids, lactic acid, proteins and vitamins A and D. All the nutrients comes handy for treating puffy eyes.
How to Use Milk for Puffy Eyes?
- Soak a washcloth in the child whole milk.
- Squeeze the extra milk and place the cloth over the eyelids for 10-15 minutes.
- Repeat the remedy for 3-4 times until you see a huge difference.
8.) Massage to Get Rid of Puffy Eyes
A gentle massage around the eyes can also work in your favour.
How to Massage?
- Lie down, close your eyes and relax yourself.
- Then, gently press your ring finger over the eyelid.
- Gently move the finger under the eyes in arch shape from inside to outside corner.
- Repeat this procedure for 10-15 minutes.
- Then repeat the same with the other eye.
- To keep the puffiness at bay gently massage your eyes before hitting the sack.
9.) Cold Water to Combat Puffy Eyes
Drink normal water and apply cold water beneath the eyes. It will combat with puffiness. Cold or chilled water lowers the blood flow and thus the puffiness is eradicated.
How to Combat Puffu Eyes with Cold Water
- Take washcloth dip it in child water.
- Squeeze the extra water and keep the cloth over the eyes.
- Leave the cloth until it warms.
- Repeat this several times until the puffiness bid goodbye.
10.) Rest to Treat Puffy Eyes
Putting strain on eyes or working in front of the computer is another reason which gives a way to puffiness around eyes. To keep the puffiness at the bay give your eyes ample amount of rest. While working on the computer shift your eyes from computer screen after every 2o minutes. Moreover, don’t rub your eyes. For instant relief close your eyes and place an ice pack over it.
Tips to Cure Puffiness:
- Drink 8-10 glass of water daily.
- Avoid intake of too much salt in your food.
- Exercise regularly to increase the blood circulation.
- Add few drops of Vitamin E in chilled water and with the help of washcloth apply it around the eyes. Leave it for 15-20 minutes then rinse it.
- Use hypoallergenic soaps.
- Eat balanced food with an optimum amount of vitamins, proteins, minerals and other nutrients.
- Quit smoking and drinking.
- Treat your allergies before it gives way to a serious problem.
- Do not rub your eyes.
- Last not least have enough sleep.