This article is about home remedies for Pyorrhoea treatment. Pyorrhoea, also known as periodontitis, is a gum disease. The problem begins with the growth of bacteria in the mouth. It builds up the plaque around the teeth. It is followed by the inflammation in the mouth. If the inflammation is not treated on time it leads to pyorrhoea. The space between teeth and the inner layer of gum looks like a pocket. It is filled with debris and can become infected. It may also lead to tooth loss. To keep the problem at bay, maintain the oral hygiene and regularly visit a dentist for the check-up. However, there are some home remedies for pyorrhoea that can give you a great relief.
Symptoms of Pyorrhoea:
- Swelling and tenderness of the gums
- Stomach problems
- Space between gums and teeth
- Tooth decay
- Bad breath
- Inflammation of the gums
Causes of Pyorrhoea:
- Wrong eating habits
- Bacterial infection
- Improper oral hygiene
- Smoking and alcohol
- Chemical and physical irritants
- Certain Medicines
Various Home Remedies for Pyorrhoea Treatment:
1.) Oil Pulling to Treat Pyorrhea
Oil pulling is one of the best remedies for Pyorrhoea. Regular oil pulling prevents plaque buildup. It inhibits the growth of bacteria. Moreover, it can strengthen the gum and keeps the gum disease at the bay. You can use coconut oil or sesame oil for oil pulling.
Steps for Oil Pulling:
- Sip some oil and swish it around the tongue and teeth for some time then spit it out and rinse off your mouth with warm water.
- Follow this regularly before brushing your teeth.
2.) Hydrogen Peroxide to Get Rid of the Pyorrhea
Hydrogen peroxide helps to treat the disease as it has antibacterial properties. It fights the bacteria and relieves the pain. Also, it is a wonderful remedy for white teeth. However, use only 3% hydrogen peroxide. You can use it in two different ways. Mix equal amount of water and hydrogen peroxide and rinse your mouth with the solution. Don’t swallow the solution, spit it out.
Alternatives of Hydrogen Peroxide to Cure Pyorrhea:
- Make a paste of hydrogen peroxide and baking soda.
- Gently apply the paste over the affected gum with a finger.
- Leave it on for some time and then spit it out.
- Repeat it daily to treat the gum problems.
3.) Salt to Treat Pyorrhea at Home
Salt has antibacterial and antiseptic properties which inhibit the growth of the bacteria in the mouth. Also, it helps to treat the inflammation around the teeth and gums.
Ways to Use Salt:
- In a glass of lukewarm water mix 2 teaspoons of salt.
- Use the solution to swish around the tongue and teeth.
- Spit out and repeat the process again.
- Do this regularly to treat pyorrhea.
- Or, make a paste with salt and mustard oil.
- Apply the paste after brushing your teeth.
- Gently massage it for a minute and then leave for a while.
- Rinse it off after 5-6 minutes.
4.) Turmeric for Pyorrhea Treatment
Turmeric is one of the most effective home remedies for Pyorrhoea treatment. A compound known as curcumin is found in turmeric. This compound is loaded with antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties which help to relieve the inflammation and the pain. Also, turmeric hinders the growth of bacteria in the mouth.
How to Use Turmeric?
- After brushing your teeth with your regular paste, brush your teeth with turmeric.
- Also, make a gum pack with water or vitamin oil or turmeric.
- Apply it on gums before hitting the sack.
- Rinse it off next morning.
- Follow this regularly.
5.) Guava to Get Rid of the Pyorrhea
Guava is a rich source of Vitamin C. The nutrient prevents the gum disease. It act as anti-plaque agent and removes the plaque built around teeth and gums. Also, it reduces the pain, swelling and inflammation around the gums. You can also use guava leaves. It is one of the most excellent home remedies for Pyorrhoea.
How to Use Guava to Treat Pyorrhea?
- Chew a unripe guava with a dash of salt.
- You can also chew guava leaves to treat the gum disease.
6.) Margosa to Treat Pyorrhea
Margosa is known for its medicinal benefits from the ages. Thus, it is counted among the most effective remedies for Pyorrhoea. It inhibits the growth of the bacteria and helps you to get rid of bad breath. It keeps your gum and teeth healthy.
How to Use Margosa to Prevent Pyorrhea?
- Apply margosa juice over the affected area.
- Leave it for a few minutes and then rinse it off with warm water.
- Use the bark of margosa as a toothbrush to keep your teeth and gums healthy.
7.) Cayenne Pepper to Get Rid of Pyorrhoea
The anti-inflammatory properties present in the cayenne pepper helps you to get rid of the swelling, pain and inflammation caused due to the gum disease. It is also among the finest remedy for Pyorrhoea.
Ways to Use Cayenne Pepper to Treat Pyorrhoea:
- On a soft-bristle toothbrush put a few drops of cayenne pepper and brush it gently over the gums.
- Then rinse it off with warm water.
- Use it regularly to treat gum diseases.
8.) Black Pepper to Cure Pyorrhea
Black pepper is packed with the amazing medicinal properties which help you treat gum problems. It combats the bacteria and strengthens the gum.
How to Use Black Pepper?
- Mix salt and powdered black pepper.
- Add a few drops water in it to make a fine paste.
- Apply it on the affected area.
- Leave it for a few minutes and then rinse it off with warm water.
- Make a mixture of pomegranate powdered seeds and black pepper.
- Apply it on the gums.
- Massage it for a while and then rinse it off with warm water.
- Do this regularly to get rid of the pyorrhea.
9.) Basil Leaves to Cure Pyorrhea
Basil leaves are one of the most successful remedies for pyorrhoea. It cures the bleeding gums and inhibits the growth of bacteria. Also, it protects the teeth from oral problems. You can drink basil tea regularly. You can also use tea as a mouth wash.
How to Use Basil Leave to Get Rid of Pyorrhea?
- Make a fine paste of mustard oil and crushed dried basil leaves.
- Gently massage the paste on the affected area.
- Do this twice a day until the symptoms of the gum diseases are gone.
10.) Tea Tree Oil to Treat Pyorrhea
Last but not least, is tea tree oil. The antibacterial and antiseptic properties present in the oil makes it one of the best remedies for Pyorrhoea. Mix some tea tree oil in your toothpaste and use it for brushing teeth.
How to Use Tea Tree Oil?
- Add a few drops in a teaspoon of tea tree oil.
- Gently rub it over the affected area.
- Leave it for some time and then rinse it off with warm water.
11.) Mustard Oil to Treat Pyorrhea
Mustard oil is one of the effective remedies for pyorrhea. It treats the inflammation and soreness of the gums. All you have to do is after brushing the teeth, massage lukewarm mustard oil on gums. Alternatively, soak a cotton ball in the mustard oil and massage it on the gums.
12.) Orange Peels to Get Rid of Pyorrhea
The peels of orange are also one of the best remedies for pyorrhea. It treats the symptoms of the periodontist and bad breath as well. Dry some peels of orange. Crush them to get a fine powder then mix it in your paste and brush your teeth with this mixture.
Tips to Avoid Pyorrhea:
- Regularly brush your teeth.
- Avoid spices, acidic and sweets.
- Regularly go for dental checkup