In this article, we will tell you about home remedies for rashes. Rash is the discoloration of the skin when some change occurs in the body. The skin becomes scaly, itchy, bumpy, and red in color. It is caused because of following factors like heat, allergies, cosmetics and infections. The most common skin disorder is commonly known as eczema. Rashes are itchy in nature, but scratching make it worse and intolerable.
Causes of Rashes:
Types of Rashes:
Remedies for Rashes Treatment:
- Remedies for Rashes Treatment:
- 1.) Apple Cider Vinegar for Rashes
- 2.) Aloe Vera to Cure Rashes
- 3.) Olive Oil to Get Rid of Rashes
- 4.) Vegetable Glycerine to Treat Rashes
- 5.) Baking Soda as a Home Remedy for Rashes
- 6.) Oatmeal Bath for Rashes
- 7.) Ice Pack to Treat Rashes
- 8.) Wear Cotton Clothes for Rashes
- 9.) Don’t Touch your Rashes
- 10.) Herbal Soap to Cure Rashes
1.) Apple Cider Vinegar for Rashes
Apple cider vinegar is an excellent home remedy to treat any skin disorder whether it is rashes, pimples or other health problems. It is helpful in managing the pH level of the body by diluting extra acid of the stomach. Dilute apple cider vinegar with water as it some times cause irritation. It is one of the best remedies for rashes if applied initially.
- Apply some apple cider vinegar with help of cotton swab on your affected areas.
- Rest it for few minutes and then remove the cotton swab.
- Do this 3 to 4 times a day until rashes disappears.
2.) Aloe Vera to Cure Rashes
Aloe Vera is exceptional for treating a number of skin disorders including rashes. It heals the rashes in fast manner and soothes the skin by lowering itching and reducing redness. It is anti-inflammatory, antibacterial and anti-fungal in nature. Aloe Vera also helps to cure stomach disorders in a fast manner without any side effects.
- Apply Aloe Vera gel on the affected areas.
- Rest the gel for 15 minutes, and then rinse it off.
- Applying fresh gel extracted from Aloe Vera leaf is more beneficial.
3.) Olive Oil to Get Rid of Rashes
Olive oil helps in providing moisture to the skin lost due to rashes. It heals and make skin smooth as it is rich in vitamin E and antioxidants. It reduce itching and redness of the skin too.
- Rub few drops of extra virgin olive oil or a combination of olive oil and honey on your rash. Gently massage for few minutes two times a day.
- You can also add a pinch of turmeric powder to some olive oil and apply on your rash.
4.) Vegetable Glycerine to Treat Rashes
Glycerine or glycerol, is the major ingredient of soap and other moisturizer. There are two types of glycerine regular and vegetable glycerine. Regular is made from animal fats, and is not of vegetable glycerine quality. Vegetable glycerine comes from palm and coconut oil. Vegetable glycerine is 99% pure. This glycerine helps in providing moisture to dry skin during rashes. It fills the gap in dry and dehydrated skin. When dissolved in water , it makes ideal for moisturizing agent.
- Take a spray bottle, add vegetable glycerine and filter water into it to form a solution.
- Use 2-2 ratio of glycerine and water, and give it a shake.
- Spray on the affected area of your body.
- You can use this mixture regularly after 3 to 4 hours during the day.
5.) Baking Soda as a Home Remedy for Rashes
Baking soda dry out the skin rashes. It also soothes the skin by providing relief to itching and inflammation. It has other properties like antiseptic and anti-inflammatory which helps in healing the rashes.
- Take half cup of water, add baking soda to make a paste.
- Apply this paste to your rashes affected area for 15 minutes .
- Wash off with water and apply this after regular intervals.
- Follow the procedure for a few days until rashes disappear.
6.) Oatmeal Bath for Rashes
Oatmeal helps in lowering the inflammation of skin because of its anti-inflammatory properties. It clears the skin, dirt and increases the moisture of the skin. It also helps in removing rashes scars. It is one of the best home remedy for rashes. It is excellent for every type of rashes whether it is eczema, sunburn and allergies.
- Take 50 grams of oatmeal crush it to fine powder and mix it with the warm bath water in your tub.
- Bath for a week or more to get better results. For this the oats should be crushed to fine powder otherwise they will settle at the bottom of the tub.
- The other way of using them ties them in a muslin cloth and drop into the tub.
- The water will turn milky and smooth. Soak for 15 to 20 minutes in this lukewarm water.
7.) Ice Pack to Treat Rashes
Rashes caused by heat, insect bites, poison ivy can be reduced by the help of ice packs or cold compress. Ice pack help in easing itching, swelling, inflammation and those rash which begin to convert into blisters. There are other remedies for rashes but ice pack is one of the best remedies for rashes which you can apply easily.
- Put ice cubes in a muslin cloth and place it on the affected area for few minutes. Follow this 2 times in a day and for a few days.
- The other way is just soak muslin cloth in cold water and apply on the affected areas. Follow this 2 times in a day and for a few days.
8.) Wear Cotton Clothes for Rashes
Changing your clothes doesn’t mean you have to spend on new clothes. You should avoid clothes that are heavy, doesn’t let air pass or scratchy fibers. Use softer ones like cotton, silk or bamboo, which are moderate on the skin. Use detergent for clothes that are free from chemicals and scents. At last, avoid wearing clothes cause irritation on the skin like woolen and nylon clothes. Avoid wearing dark colored clothes as colored clothes trap the heat more. Heat makes the rashes more difficult to heal and unbearable.
9.) Don’t Touch your Rashes
Touching any skin disorder will make it more drastic and intolerable. Keep your hands away. Skin rashes will develop into blisters if touched regularly. They are highly contagious it will get spread to other body parts if touched with naked hands. If you touch them they will take more time to heal and become incurable.
10.) Herbal Soap to Cure Rashes
There are herbal soaps which are easily available in the market. Herbal soap ingredients work as moisturizing agents which moisturizes the skin cells. Try to use a soap which contains lemon and cucumber as ingredients. Don’t rub the affected area hard with soap as it will cause more damage. Slowly and gently use the soap it will remove the dead skin cells and helps in healing the affected area. Take regular mild water showers for relief from pain and irritation. It is one of the easiest and safe remedies for rashes.