This article will tell you about the home remedies to reduce body heat naturally. Hot summer days are back. Are you facing the problem of body heat due to scorching heat? Do you feel that excessive heat is releasing from your body? If yes, then it is the time to reduce body heat. The normal body temperature of human beings is 98.6° F or 37° C. But, this temperature varies with outer factors like climatic conditions and many more. Your temperature of the body keeps on fluctuating, but extreme fall and up in the temperature may cause severe health problems. Hence, if your internal temperature of the body is rising like anything, then it is really important to reduce body heat.
Causes of Body Heat:
Here are few causes of the body heat:
- The hot and humid climate may increase your body heat as it does not allow your body for regulating the internal temperature through sweating.
- If you are suffering from a disease like fever, then it may cause body heat.
- Even if you wear tight and synthetic clothes, then that may increase the moisture which may cause body heat.
- The increased activity of your thyroid gland may raise the metabolic activity inside your body that in turn will result in the formation of excessive body heat.
- Strenuous exercise
- If you are suffering from medical conditions like seizures or muscular agitation, then your body may produce excessive body heat.
- Neurological disorders
- Few other health issues like psoriasis, cystic fibrosis, sclerosis, and eczema may cause body heat.
- Excessive exposure to the sun
Symptoms of Body Heat:
- Formation of stomach ulcers
- Excessive perspiration
- Skin Rashes or Boils on the skin
- Heart Stroke
- Heat Cramps
- Rapid Heartbeat
Different Home Remedies to Reduce Body Heat:
Here are few home remedies that will help you to reduce body heat. Follow them seriously to maintain a healthy body temperature.
1.) Drink Cool Water to Reduce Body Heat
It is a great way of neutralizing the body temperature. As soon as you notice the increase in your body temperature, then don’t forget to drink cool water. It even helps your body to recover soon from the side effects of high body temperature. All you need to do is drink a few glasses of cool water within every 15 minutes, whenever you feel that your body temperature is increasing. You may even immerse your feet in the tub of ice cubes for 15-20 minutes to normalize your body temperature. You may also take a bath from cool water to reduce body heat.
2.) Eat Watermelon to Reduce Body Heat
Watermelon is made up of 92% of water content and 6% of sugar. It can give you the best cooling effect. So, during a summer season eat watermelon instead of eating mangoes. Enjoy the flavor of this juicy fruit that is rich in vitamins A and vitamin C. You may even apply it to your skin to get the cooling effect from it. This fruit is really effective in reducing body heat effectively.
3.) Drink Coconut Water to Reduce Body Heat
Not only coconut water is rich in various nutrients, but it also used for balancing your body temperature. It is really helpful in treating heat exhaustion. It also helps in neutralizing your body temperature while lifting your energy. It is a great hydrating agent that keeps your body hydrated and cool. So, whenever you feel that your body is producing excessive body heat, then drink coconut water.
4.) Avoid Spicy Food to Reduce Body Heat
Spices add a lot of heat to your foods. Hence, it is important to eat low-spicy food. Also, people should avoid adding spices to dishes and foods they cook. Try to consume foods that are light for your stomach and are easy to digest. Also, try to eat fiber rich foods and the foods containing more water content to reduce body heat. Stop eating nuts and sour foods and go for leafy vegetables, cucumber and fruits instead.
5.) Apply Sandal Wood and Fuller’s Earth
Both of these ingredients contain cooling properties. Both of them are really good for our skin and also helps in reducing body heat. You may prepare a paste of sandalwood and fuller’s earth by adding raw milk or water in it. Mix it well and apply it on your skin, whenever you feel that your body heat is increasing. This a great way to reduce body heat. You may also take a bath by applying this paste on your body to get rid of excessive body heat.
6.) Peppermint to Reduce Body Heat
Peppermint contains great soothing and cooling effect which makes it an amazing remedy to treat the problem of body heat. To use this remedy, follow these steps:
- Take water in a container and boil it then add fresh peppermint leaves to it. Boil these leaves for 15-20 minutes.
- Now, add this peppermint-infused water in the bathtub filled with cool water. Soak in this water for 20 minutes.
- You can also add peppermint essential oil to cool bath water and take a bath from it.
7.) Aloe Vera to Reduce Body Heat Naturally
Aloe Vera is considered to be a great herbal plant that provides various skin, health and hair benefits. It contains various properties like antifungal, antibacterial, cooling and soothing properties that can be used effectively to treat body heat. All you need to do is:
- Extract Aloe Vera gel to use this remedy.
- Apply this gel on your body and leave it for at least 20 minutes.
- After this, take a bath with cold water.
- You can also start drinking Aloe Vera juice on a regular basis to treat body heat.
8.) Drink Sugarcane Juice to Reduce Body Heat Naturally
Sugarcane can also be used to treat body heat. It is rich in water content and it is a great energy booster. You should drink a glass of sugarcane juice in the summer on a regular basis to balance the body temperature.
9.) Eat Banana to Reduce Body Heat Naturally
This fruit is rich in various nutrients and contains the huge amount of potassium nutrient in it. If your body heat is increasing at a rapid pace, then don’t forget to try out this delicious fruit. It contains great cooling properties that help a lot in balancing your body temperature.
10.) Mint to Reduce Body Heat Naturally
This aromatic herb contains great cooling properties. So, if you are having the problem of body heat and your body produces heat more than anything, then don’t forget to add this herb to your dishes. You can also add this to the juices.
Few Foods to Reduce Body Heat:
Here is the list of the few foods that you may consume to reduce body heat.
- Drink Buttermilk: It provides a cooling effect on your body. Besides all this it also helps in digestion and prevent bloating.
- Eat Cucumber: Cucumber has immense cooling properties. Hence, it plays a major role in reducing the body heat. You may add cucumber in vegetable and fruit salads and enjoy various benefits from it.
- Fennel Seeds: This Indian spice is famous for its aroma and flavor on a worldwide basis. It provides so many benefits to your health. It is a great agent to reduce body heat.
- Mint: This aromatic herb contains various cooling properties. So, add it to different dishes to reduce body heat.
Few Facts About Body Heat:
Here are few fascinating facts about body heat.
- It is a complete myth that you release body heat from your head more than any other part of your body.
- In a giraffe, their patches serve more than camouflage. Under each patch, there is a sophisticated blood system that helps in releasing body heat as it acts as a thermal window.
- Body heat is basically a thermal energy which is a by-product of metabolism in higher animals like birds. It helps in controlling their body temperature in the environmental fluctuation.