In this article, we will discuss home remedies to reduce high creatinine levels. Creatinine is a chemical waste product that is flushed out of the body through urine. However, if the kidney gets damaged, it is not able to eliminate creatinine out of the body. Thus, it accumulates around the kidney. If the level of the creatinine is high then kidney is not able to function properly. Therefore, it is necessary to treat the problem at the earnest. Below we have listed some of the home remedies to reduce high creatine levels naturally.
Symptoms of High Creatinine Levels:
- Nausea along with vomiting
- Frequent urination
- Dark colored urine
- Shortness of breath
- Poor appetite
- Irregular urination
- Dark colored urine
- Itchy skin
- Shortness of breath
Causes of High Creatinine Levels:
- Certain medications
- Kidney disease
- High blood pressure
- Excessive blood loss
- Thyroid disorder
- Strenuous workout
Various Remedies to Reduce High Creatinine Levels:
1.) Water to Reduce High Creatinine Levels
The prime cause of high levels of creatinine is dehydration. When you do not drink sufficient water, you pass less urine due to which the toxins are not properly flushed out of the body. To combat the dehydration drink a huge amount of water. It will flush out the waste toxins from the body and will lower the level of creatinine. Drinking 8-10 glasses of water regularly is good for overall health as well.
2.) Dandelion Root to Reduce Creatinine Levels
Dandelion root act as a natural diuretic. It flushes out toxins that reduce the creatinine levels. Moreover, it helps kidney in proper functioning. You can use the remedy to cure swelling, edema and water retention as well.
How to Treat High Creatinine Levels with Dandelion?
- In a cup of hot water, add a tablespoon of dried dandelion root powder.
- Leave it to steep for a few minutes.
- Then strain the tea and drink it.
- Consume dandelion tea regularly 2-3 times a day until you get satisfactory results.
3.) Stinging Nettle to Reduce Creatinine Levels
Stinging nettle helps to eliminate metabolic waste. It also regulates renal excretion, strengthens immunity system, and purifies the blood. This acts as a kidney tonic and reduces the creatinine levels in the body. The flavonoids and histamines encourage the blood flow and clear the toxins through urine.
How to Lower High Creatinine Levels?
- Take a cup of hot water and add 2-3 tablespoons of dried nettle leaves into it.
- Leave this solution to steep for a few minutes.
- Then strain the solution and drink it.
- Drink this 2-3 times a day until you get positive results.
4.) Cinnamon to Reduce Creatinine Levels
Cinnamon is a boon for people suffering from high creatinine levels and kidney problems. It has diuretic properties. regulates the renal filtration and increases kidney output. Also, it controls sugar level in the blood. Add cinnamon to the food or broths and warm beverages. However, make sure you do not consume it in access.
5.) Chamomile Tea to Reduce High Creatinine Levels
According to a research, chamomile tea reduces the creatinine levels. It is a mild sedative, therefore, it will relax your body and act as a stress buster. You can reap the benefits of chamomile tea by drinking it several times a day.
How to Treat High Creatinine Level?
- In a cup of hot water add 2 -3 teaspoons of dried chamomile.
- Leave it to steep for a while.
- Strain it and drink it.
- Drink it regularly until the problem is solved completely.
6.) Astragalus to Reduce High Creatinine Levels
This Chinese herbal medicine helps to slow down the progression of acute kidney disease. It improves the creatinine levels and acts as a mild diuretic. It also improves metabolism and digestion.
How to Bring down High Creatinine Levels with Astragalus?
- In a quart of boiling water add a few slices of astragalus root.
- Boil it for half an hour till the quantity reduces to half.
- Later strain and drink it.
- Consume this regularly after having the meal.
7.) Siberian Ginseng to Reduce High Creatinine Levels
Another remedy for high creatinine level is Siberian ginseng. It has a compound known as eleuthero sid. It has energy-boosting properties. Because of this property, it is also used in many supplements. It nourishes the kidney and improves renal circulation. If you don’t find the plant nearby then you can also have its supplement. However, consult your doctor for the exact dosage.
8.) Sage to Reduce High Creatinine Levels
It helps to eliminate and filter access creatinine from the body and improves the circulation to the kidney. It also prevents the possibility of kidney failure. So flush out the excess creatinine from the body by using the herbal remedy regularly.
How to Cure High Creatinine Levels with Sage?
- Add one teaspoon of dried sage or 10 fresh sage leaves to a cup of hot water.
- Let it steep for five to 10 minutes.
- Strain and drink this tea one to three times a day.
- P.S- Avoid this remedy if you are diabetic or has a kidney disease.
9.) Barley to Reduce High Creatinine Levels
Another home remedy to reduce creatinine levels is barley. Since it is a natural diuretic, therefore, it helps to clean the kidney. It also decreases the blood urea nitrogen levels and blood sugar levels. Moreover, it improves digestion. And, not to forget, it is nutritious as well.
How to Lower High Creatinine Levels with Barley?
- Boil 4 cups of water and add a cup of barley to it.
- Boil the solution for half an hour until the quantity reduces to half.
- Strain this solution and drink it to bid adieu to excess creatinine levels.
10.) Corn Silk to Reduce High Creatinine Levels
Corn silk is also a natural diuretic and is loaded with the anti-inflammatory properties that come handy to reduce the creatinine levels. You can also use it to cure edema and high blood pressure.
How to Treat High Creatine Levels with Corn Silk?
- In a cup of hot water add 2 teaspoons of dried corn silk.
- Leave it to steep for a while.
- After 10-15 minutes strain the solution and drink it.
- Drink this solution regularly until you find satisfactory results.
11.) Chinese Rhubarb to Reduce High Creatinine Levels
It regulates the detoxification process in the intestine and increases urine output. More urine means more creatinine is flushed out. It also regulates the functioning of the kidney.
How to Bring down High Creatinine Levels with Chinese Rhubarb
- In a cup of boiling water, add a stalk of Chinese rhubarb.
- Boil it for a few minutes.
- Strain the solution and drink it.
- Don’t consume herb if you have had a kidney stone or any of your family members had.
12.) Appropriate Diet to Reduce High Creatinine Levels
Apart from following the above-listed home remedies for high creatinine, plan an appropriate diet. There are certain foods that have the capability to reduce the creatinine level while there are certain foods that can increase the creatinine levels in the body. Your diet should consist of sprouts, fruits a, d veggies like cranberries, cucumber, cabbage, lettuce, carrots, and onions. These foods are a good source of omega 3 acids and fiber that helps to reduce the level of creatinine. Avoid taking foods that contain animal protein such as meat. It is recommended to go for a vegetarian diet. Avoid foods that are high in sodium and processed. Spinach, celery, and broccoli should be limited. Eat and drink fresh smoothies, vegetable and fruit juices to lower the creatinine levels.
Life Style Changes to Reduce High Creatinine Levels:
Reduce Stress and Restrict Intense Exercise:
After intense exercise, the body quickly converts the food into energy due to which more creatinine is formed in the blood. Don’t eliminate the exercise from your schedule but just set a certain limit. It a perfect idea to replace the vigorous workouts with yoga and walking. Taking a lot of stress can also increase the creatinine levels in the body. You can do meditation or yoga to keep yourself calm and stress-free.
Insufficient sleep can also lead to high creatinine levels in the body. Sleep deprivation causes strain on the kidneys due to which they are not able to work properly. Thus, creatinine is not filtered effectively from the body. A good and restful sleep is necessary to maintain the creatinine level in the body. It is recommended that you should take atleast 8 to 9 hours of sleep daily.