If anything goes beyond the levels of it, then it may cause severe harm to our health. Everything to an extent is good, but beyond a certain limit, it may cause severe problems. Creatinine is one such substance found in our body. If it reaches the high levels, then it may cause dangerous risks to our health. If the kidney becomes unworkable, and it is not able to filter out the deadly wastes from our body. Then, remember that creatinine levels are increasing in our body. But, don’t worry as there are various home remedies to reduce high creatinine levels in our body.
High Creatinine levels can impair our kidney. It can bring huge changes in the composition of our blood. It affect the functions of our kidney and may even cause severe health problems. The maximum creatinine level which an adult male and female should contain is 1.2 mg/dl and 1.1 mg/dl respectively. The upper limit of creatinine content in the person having one kidney is 1.9 mg/dl. But, for the infants, it is 0.2 mg/dl.
Causes of High Creatinine Levels:
Well, before we focus on reducing the creatinine levels in our body. First we need to understand the causes of this type of problem.
- Dehydration in the body or intake of less amount of water.
- High fever, sweating, and diuresis can reduce the blood flow in kidneys. It even causes the blood concentration in our body.
- Fatigue and experience of over tiredness.
- Urinary freakishness like hematuria and proteinuria.
- Intake of drugs that contains renal toxicity.
- Urinary tract infection may also cause high creatinine levels.
- People having diseases of the kidneys.
Signs and Symptoms:
It is very important to recognize the early signs of this problem before it affects you adversely. The signs and symptoms of high creatinine levels are:
- Confuse minded and disorientation
- Waist pain or back pain
- Dark color of urine
- Experiencing shortness of breath
- Swelling in eyes, feet or face.
- Suffering with low-temperature fever
Home Remedies to Reduce High Creatinine Levels:
Here are few home remedies that you may follow to reduce high creatinine levels.
1.) Nettle Leaf Tea to Reduce High Creatinine Levels:
Nettle leaf is rich in the vitamin A, vitamin B12, and vitamin C. It also contains calcium in it. This leaf helps in removing toxins from our body. It promotes the kidney excretion while improving your immune system. Therefore, it has high nutritional value. It is one of the best home remedies to reduce high creatinine levels. So, consume 1-2 cups of nettle leaf tea on a daily basis to reduce high creatinine levels.
2.) Consume Cinnamon to Reduce High Creatinine Levels:
Cinnamon is diuretic that helps in increasing the output of the urine. Due to this, the waste of blood also gets filtered out with the help of urine. It helps in regulating the blood sugar level of our body. It even promotes the renal filtration ability of our kidney. Just take a half teaspoon of cinnamon every day. Don’t increase the intake limit of cinnamon, because it can cause adverse effects on your health.
3.) Astragalus Tea to Reduce High Creatinine Levels:
It is basically a Chinese herbal remedy that helps in slowing down the kidney diseases. It contains a mild diuretic known as asparagine that helps in maintaining the creatinine levels in our body. It also helps in removing the fluid from our kidneys. This herb also helps in increasing the metabolism and digestion in our body. To prepare the astragalus tea, first boil dried astragalus root in one quart of water for about 30 minutes. Drink this tea on the regular basis between meals.
4.) Corn Silk to Reduce High Creatinine Levels:
It act as a natural diuretic and contains the anti-inflammatory properties. It helps in increasing the urine output, which aids in removing the excessive creatinine from our body. It also reduces the inflammation and controls the blood pressure of our body.
- Pour two teaspoons of corn silk.
- Add it in warm water.
- Keep this solution for 15-20 minutes.
- Filter it.
- Drink it at least 2-3 times a day.
- It is one of the best home remedies to reduce high creatinine levels in our body.
It is also referred as Salvia Officinalis. It is one of the most effective home remedies to reduce high creatinine levels naturally. It helps in increasing the circulation of blood in the kidneys. To prepare the mixture to follow these steps:
- Add one spoon of dry sage powder or 10 fresh sage leaves one cup of the boiling water.
- Steep it for 10 minutes and strain it.
- Consume this mixture at least once in a day.
Important Tip: Please avoid drinking this mixture if you are diabetic or you have any liver or kidney diseases in the past.
6.) Make a Change in Your Diet:
Try to maintain a vegetarian diet if you have high creatinine levels. As creatinine is mostly found in the animal products so, start consuming plant-based products. It can help you in reducing high creatinine levels. Though, if you are non-vegetarian then it must be difficult for you to ignore meat. But, studies had shown that dairy products and protein-rich foods increase the creatinine levels in our body. So, try to take less protein-rich products in your diet. It is one of the most efficient home remedies to reduce high creatinine levels.
7.) Dandelion Roots:
Dandelion prevent inflammation as it contains anti-inflammatory properties. It cures kidney problems by filtering out the toxins from our kidneys. To prepare this remedy first add two teaspoons of dandelion roots in hot water. Keep this solution for 10 minutes before straining it. However, consult a doctor before applying this type of home remedies to reduce high creatinine levels.
Barley water helps in cleansing our kidney by removing the toxins and waste out of it. It is a natural diuretic that helps in reducing Blood Urea Nitrogen (BUN) levels in our body. It also helps in decreasing your blood sugar levels as it is rich in fibers. It has high nutritional value as it contains several vitamins and minerals. To prepare this remedy to follow these steps:
- Add one cup of barley in four cups of water.
- Boil this solution for 30 minutes.
- Filter it.
- Drink this solution once in a day on a regular basis.
9.) Siberian Ginseng:
Siberian ginseng contains Eleutheroside compounds that are mostly used for boosting the energy of our body. It promotes the renal circulation by revitalizing our kidneys. It gives anti-stress and anti-fatigue benefits to our body. It can even be taken with cinnamon. But, consult a doctor to know about the dosages of it.
Note: Do not get confuse with other types of ginseng like Asian ginseng that causes the anti-diuretic effect in our body. Also, consult a doctor before applying this remedy because Siberian ginseng may interfere with many other prescribed drugs.
10.) Chamomile Tea:
This herb is one of the best home remedies to reduce high creatinine levels. It is a mild sedative that provides relaxation. To make the chamomile tea follow these steps:
- Pour 2-3 teaspoons of chamomile flowers in hot water.
- Steep it for 3-5 minutes.
- Drink this tea at least once in a day.
Facts About Creatinine:
Here are few facts about creatinine that will inform you more about creatinine levels.
- If we talk about creatinine, then it is a waste product of the majority of energy metabolite creatine.
- The normal creatinine serum blood levels are as follows:
- 0.6-1.2 mg/dL in males (56-106 umol/L)
- 0.5-1.1 mg/dL in females (44-97 umol/L)
- Well, if we talk about creatinine, then it found in higher quantities (inside the blood) in young adults. While it is found in lesser quantities in elderly people.
- Those who have one kidney will have high creatinine circulating in their blood (approx. 1.8 mg/dL or 160 umol/L).
- You may test your creatine levels through blood or urine samples.
- The basic reason behind the occurrence of high creatinine levels is having diseases that affect your kidneys and make them shut down.
No matter, how much content of creatinine has increased in our body and what kind of defects it is providing in our kidneys. But, it is easy to treat this problem with these home remedies to reduce high creatinine levels.