After writing, how to treat pink eye?, how to get rid of red eye?, and how to reduce puffy eyes quickly?, we are now writing the home remedies to treat a stye on the eye. Stye or hordeolum is an infection of the oil glands of the eyelids that result in a firm, red lump on the eyelid. It’s usually caused by the staphylococcus aureus bacteria. Though it is small in size, it can be very painful. It looks like a pimple on the eyelid and contains pus and water in it. Eye styes are common, particularly in teenagers.
Styes are experienced by people of all ages. It can appear deeper inside the eye and are visible on the surface. If the stye is forcefully rubbed, the bacteria can get spread and the nearby area can also get affected. Styes can last from 1 to 2 weeks without treatment, or as a little as four days if treated properly. It may get developed on the inner region, but mostly it develops along the outer edge of the eyelid. Read more, to know about eye stye and remedies to get rid of eye stye.
Home Remedies Treat a Stye On The Eye Naturally:
1.) Apply The Aloe Vera Gel
Aloe Vera contains anti-bacterial, anti-inflammatory properties, that helps to treat stye effectively. Aloe Vera is a natural home remedy which helps in reducing swelling, inflammation and redness of the stye. Use aloe Vera remedy to get relief from the stye. It is one of the most effective remedies for eye stye.
- Take an aloe vera leaf. Cut it into two and extract the gel from it.
- Now, rub the aloe vera gel on the affected area.
- Leave it for 15 minutes and then rinse off with lukewarm water.
- Repeat this procedure 2-3 times a day for 5-6 days.
2.) Green Tea as a Remedy for Eye Stye
Green tea is a herbal remedy. It contains essential nutrients and antioxidants that help in healing. Green tea has anti-inflammatory properties which help with inflammation and in reduction of pain. Use green tea for getting relief from eye stye.
- Take a bag of green tea of your choice. In a cup of warm water, dip the bag of green tea for a few minutes.
- Then take out the green tea bag. Squeeze the bag for removing excess water.
- Then close your eyes and put our press the moist tea bag on the affected eyelid for 5-10 minutes.
- Repeat this 2-3 times regularly.
3.) Baby Shampoo as a Remedy for Eye Stye
It is essential to clean your affected area for getting quick relief from the stye. You must clean your affected area properly using the baby shampoo because, dust particles and irritants enhances the problem of stye and reduces the chances of quick recovery.
- Take some warm water, a little baby shampoo and a cotton ball. In warm water, add a few drops of baby oil and mix it well. Then in the solution soak a cotton ball.
- Close your eyes and put the wet cotton ball on your eyelid. Then wash off the area with warm water. You can also apply a clean, warm compress on your eyelid for relief. Do this for 2-3 times a day for best results.
4.) Potato as a Remedy for Eye Stye
Potato contains astringent properties. It is also one of the best home remedies for eye stye. Potato helps in the reduction of skin irritants, decreasing the inflammation, pain. It also helps with contraction of tissues. Take an average size potato, then grate it. In a cheesecloth, wrap the grated potato. Put the cheesecloth on the affected area. Leave it least for 10-15 minutes. Repeat this remedy 2-3 times daily for 5 days.
5.) Apply The Castor Oil
Castor oil is among the finest remedies to treat a stye. Castor oil works as an anti-inflammatory agent. It helps in reducing inflammation and pain, because it contains ricinoleic acid. Use castor oil for best results.
- Take a baby shampoos, some warm water and a cotton ball
- Wash the affected area with warm water and baby shampoo.
- After the wash, apply warm compresses to the affected area for a few minutes.
- Then, apply some castor oil on the raised bumps of the eyelid using the cotton ball.
- Use this remedy at least 2-3 times a day regularly until you get relief.
6.) Turmeric as a Remedy for Eye Stye
Turmeric is also counted among the best remedies for eye stye. It contains anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties that help to get relief from eye stye quickly. Turmeric removes the infection and inflammation, which leads to eye stye. Use this remedy to get rid of eye stye quickly.
- Take 2-3 cups of water, a cheese cloth and 1 tbsp of turmeric. In 2-3 cups of water, add one 1 tbsp of turmeric.
- Boil it properly and strain this solution using a cheese cloth.
- Then wash the affected area with this solution. Use this remedy 2-3 times a day.
7.) Guava Leaves as a Remedy for Eye Stye
Guava is known as a natural remedy for eye stye. It contains inflammatory properties that help in eliminating swelling and redness from the affected area. It also contains healing power that helps in the reduction of eye stye faster. Follow these steps to use this natural remedy.
- Take a glass of hot water and 3-4 guava leaves. Wash the guava leaves properly in hot water. In hot water soak a cloth and wring out the excess water from it.
- Then put the guava leaves on the warm cloth and wrap it well. After Some time, take out one leaf and apply it on the affected area.
- Leave it for 5-10 minutes on your eyelid. Do the same with other leaves. Apply this at least 2-3 times regularly.
8.) Cloves as a Remedy for Eye Stye
It is counted among the excellent remedies for eye stye. Cloves contain anti-bacterial properties which help stop eye infections from spreading. It works effectively as a skin irritation reliever and pain killer.
- Take a glass of water, a washcloth and 5-6 cloves. In the glass of water, soak 5-6 cloves for 15 minutes.
- Strain the water and soak the washcloth in this water. Wring out the excess water from the washcloth.
- Then, hold the washcloth for a few minutes on the affected area. Follow this remedy 2-3 times a day.
9.) Warm Compress as a Remedy for Eye Stye
Applying a warm heat is one of the best remedies for eye stye. Applying warm compresses to the affected area, will help you to get rid of eye stye faster. Heat increases the circulation in the area and drainage the pus and helps to recover quickly. Warm compress is also effective for relieving pain and swelling.
- Take a glass of hot water and a clean cloth or towel. Dip that clean towel in the hot glass of water.
- Remove the excess water from the cloth/towel. Then put the warm cloth on the affected area.
- Hold the cloth for a few minutes. Wipe away the pus by using a clean towel. Do this 2-3 times regularly until you get relief.
10.) Use The Coriander Seeds
Coriander seeds contain anti-inflammatory properties and helps to treat a stye on the eye. This seeds help to reduce swelling, redness and reduce pain of the eye stye. Coriander seeds is among the most traditional home remedies for stye. Take a cup of water and 1 tsp of coriander seeds. In a cup of water boil 1 tsp of coriander seeds. Strain the solution when it cools down. Then use this water to wash the affected area. Do this 2-3 times a day.
11.) Use Milk and Turmeric
Make a mixture of warm milk turmeric. What you need to do is mix two tablespoons of milk with a pinch of turmeric. Take a clean cloth and dip it into solution. Squeeze out the excess solution and then press that cloth over your affected eye for ten minutes. Repeat this process four-five times a day. The warm compress helps in draining of the pus from the swell. It also provides relief from the burning of the eyes.
12.) Fresh Parsley Will Help
Take a handful of parsley and put it in boiling water for about 10 minutes. Dip a clean cloth or towel in that water and apply over your affected eye. Lay back and relax for about ten minutes after completion of the process. The parsley acts as a purification agent for the eyes which helps in bringing out the pus material. That will reduce your pain.
13.) Make Use of Cucumber
What all you need to do is just cut a cucumber into round slices and then put these slices on your eye stye or keep it on affected eyelids. leave it for ten minutes it will help to control swelling and give relief from pain. It has a cooling effect and it soothes the swelling.
14.) Apply Coconut Oil
Perhaps one of the most soothing home remedies is coconut oil. Coconut oil is anti-inflammatory with healing properties that make the pain of eye stye go down. Apply coconut oil to your stye after you’ve washed your face, a few times daily. Keep your stye moisturized with coconut oil throughout the day.
15.) Use Apple Cider Vinegar
Another popular home remedy to treat a stye on the eye is apple cider vinegar. It is a powerful antibacterial agent and antiseptic. Putting a solution of apple cider vinegar and water on your stye will help ease the pain. Dilute ACV in water and then keep in the fridge until you’ve got a nice cold temperature then apply directly on your stye three to four times with the help of cotton balls.
- Take care of your eye hygiene wash your eyes with lukewarm water
- Avoid squeezing a stye as this can lead to a secondary infection.
- Avoid wearing any eye makeup until the stye has cured completely.
- Avoid wearing contact lenses as they can get contaminated.
- Don’t scratch it will increase the swelling.