In this article we will discuss Foot Tendonitis. We will also suggest you some of the best home remedies for Foot tendonitis. Foot tendonitis is a present day health ailment, caused due to the fast paced, modern lifestyle that we lead, which make us stand for long hours on our feet. The excessive swelling in the feet due to severe inflammation of the tendons, can lead to a foot condition called foot tendonitis. Foot Tendonitis means irritation and inflammation of the tendons of the foot. A tendon is the band of fibrous tissue which connects muscles to bones. Foot tendonitis is usually painful and can turn into a serious problem if it recurs frequently.
Causes of Foot Tendonitis
Some of the foot tendonitis causes are:
- Excessive stress on the foot portion.
- Excessive standing activity.
- Poorly fitted shoes
- Bone spurs
Symptoms of Foot Tendonitis
- Acute pain
- Restricted movement in the leg.
- Weakness in the leg.
If you are experiencing such symptoms, it is advised to consult your doctor to seek proper treatment. There are also a few home remedies for foot tendonitis which can be effective.
Home Remedies for Foot Tendonitis
1.) Epsom Salt as a Remedy to Treat Foot Tendonitis Naturally
One of the easiest ways to treat foot tendonitis is treating it with Epsom salt. Epsom salt can have an excellent healing effect on your foot. The presence of magnesium sulfate in Epsom salt provide magnesium to the body. It also helps heal the connective tissues (like tendons) and muscles.
Directions to Use Epsom Slat for Foot Tendon Injury:
- Take ½ cup of Epsom salt and add it in a tub filled with warm water. Stir it until the salt is dissolved.
- Soak your foot in this warm salt water for an hour.
- Repeat this remedy 2-3 times in a week for a month.
- This remedy gives relaxation and detoxification as well.
- Take 2 tbsp of Epsom salt and mix in 1 cup of warm water.
- Take a washcloth and soak in the solution.
- Place it on your affected foot as a compress for about 15-20 minutes.
- Do this daily until you get the desired results.
- Epsom salt can cause dryness so apply a mild moisturizer on your foot after the remedy.
2.) Vinegar Wraps as a Remedy to Treat Foot Tendonitis Fast
Switching hot and cold vinegar wraps can be quite effective to get rid of foot tendonitis causing pain and inflammation. The heat treatment will help ease pain and soothe sore muscles. Whereas the cold treatment will reduce inflammation. Vinegar also acts as an anti-inflammatory agent.
- Take equal amounts of both white vinegar and water. Mix and heat it in a large pan.
- Mix equal parts of vinegar and cold water In a separate pan or bowl.
- First, take a towel and soak in the hot mixture, wring and wrap it around your foot for 5-10 minutes.
- Second, soak the towel in the cold mixture and follow the same method.
- Repeat the same three times.
- Apply some mild moisturizer later.
3.) Chickweed as a Remedy to Get Rid of Tendon Pain in Foot
Chickweed is also one of the popular remedies for foot tendonitis. This herb is loaded with vitamins and nutrients which help lower the inflammation, eases pain, stiffness and tenderness caused due to foot tendonitis.
Directions to Uses Chickweed for Treatment of Tendon Pain in Foot:
- Make a paste of chikweed and apply it on the affected foot.
- Allow it to sit for several minutes before washing the area with lukewarm water.
- Repeat it twice daily for a week or until you feel better.
- Alternatively, you can drink a chickweed tea several times a day.
- Steep 2-3 tbsp of fresh chickweed in a cup of hot water for 15-20 minutes.
- Strain and drink the tea.
- Other than that,If you have it in dried form, then steep 2 tsp of dried chickweed in a cup of water.
- Steep it for about 5 minutes to make the tea.
- Chickweed tea helps reduce the pain, thus improving your mobility.
4.) Sage to Prevent Foot Tendon Injury
Sage is known to have many curative qualities. It can be quite effective in reducing the symptoms of foot tendonitis. It gives a soothing effect and eases pain and inflammation in your foot. It is one of the best natural remedies for foot tendonitis. Here is the method to use it.
Directions to Use Sage to Heal Foot Tendonitis:
- Take some fresh sage leaves and rub them gently in your palms to crush them.
- Boil these crushed leaves in 2/3 cup of apple cider vinegar for several minutes.
- Simmer it for another 5 minutes before removing from heat.
- Take a piece of clean cotton cloth and soak in the solution.
- Wring out and place the cloth on the affected foot for 10 minutes.
- You can use dried sage leaves to make a cup of sage tea.
- Steep 1 tsp of dried sage leaves in a cup of hot water for 10 minutes.
- Strain and drink this tea 2 or 3 times daily.
5.) Cayenne Pepper to Cure Foot Tendonitis
Cayenne pepper is known to have an excellent chemical known as capsaicin. Capsaicin is a natural pain reliever. Cayenne pepper also has a warming effect which is also very soothing to to reduce pain and inflammation in the foot.
Directions to Use Cayenne Pepper to Prevent Foot Tendon Injury:
- Take 2 tbsp of cayenne pepper and mix it in ½ cup of warm olive oil.
- Apply this mixture on the affected foot.
- Leave it on for around 15-20 minutes before rinsing it off.
- Repeat it a few times daily until the condition improves.
- Remember to not to apply cayenne pepper on open skin or wounds.
6.) Apple Cider Vinegar as a Foot Tendonitis Treatment
Apple cider vinegar or ACV is among the most helpful home remedies for foot tendonitis. It is due to its anti-inflammatory qualities in helps reduce pain and inflammation of your foot tendons. Daily consumption of apple cider vinegar is also good for overall health.
Directions to Use ACV to Reduce Tendon Pain in Foot:
- Mix 2 tsp of organic apple cider vinegar in a glass of warm water.
- Add 1 tsp of honey to it.
- Drink this mixture 2 to 3 times daily for the desired result.
7.) Olive Oil to Heal Foot Tendonitis Treatment
Massaging your affected foot with olive oil can also give you much relief from the inflammation and pain caused due to foot tendonitis. It also helps promote blood flow in and around the concerned muscles. Instead of olive oil, sesame oil or mustard oil can also be used.
Directions to Use Olive Oil to Cure Foot Tendonitis:
- Heat a sufficient amount of olive oil until it gets warm.
- Massage your foot gently with the warm oil for 10-15 minutes.
- Repeat this daily until the condition improves.
8.) Asparagus to Get Rid of Foot Tendonitis Naturally
Asparagus acts as a natural diuretic. It helps flush out excess fluid from your body. Getting rid of excess fluid will help you get relief from pain, swelling and inflammation. It is among the best remedies for foot tendonitis.
Directions to Use Asparagus to Heal Foot Tendonitis:
- Eat fresh asparagus regularly.
- Otherwise, steam 2 or 3 fresh asparagus and eat them.
- Along with asparagus, Include fresh fish and yogurt in your meal to treat bloated and swollen feet.
9.) Ice Pack to Get Rid of Foot Tendonitis Instantly
Applying an ice pack on the affected foot will help decrease inflammation and pain caused by foot tendonitis. Instead of ice, you can also use a pouch frozen vegetables or a cold spoon. Here is the method to use it.
Directions to Use Ice Pack to Cure Foot Tendonitis:
- Keep some crushed ice in a plastic bag.
- Cover the bag in a cotton towel.
- Hold this cold pack against the inflamed area for about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Repeat this process several times daily until you see the desired result.
- Do not over do it as it can cause some other problem as well.
10.) Carbonated Water as a Remedy for Foot Tendonitis
Carbonated water is another one of the effective home remedies to prevent foot tendonitis. Carbonated water will help get rid of pain and inflammation caused by foot tendonitis.
Directions to Use Carbonated Water for Inflamed Tendon in Foot:
- Take some carbonated water and soak your foot in it for about 15 minutes.
- Repeat this process twice daily until you see visible results.
- This remedy is very refreshing and helps relieve pain and inflammation significantly.
- Do this using sugarless carbonated water.