In this article, we will discuss about a few popular home remedies for spider bites treatment. Spider bites cause minor itching and irritation of the skin. A few spider bites can be dangerous that can result into severe health issues. The Brown spider and Black recluse cause major damage as compared to other species.
Spider Bites Symptoms:
Home Remedies for Spider Bites:
1.) Dried Basil for spider Bites
Basil leaves contain natural anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties. It is a good remedy for spider bites and is being used for centuries. This makes it as one of the best home remedies for spider bites treatment.
- Rub the basil leaves extract on the bite area.
- This will help to lower the pain and remove the red mark formed.
- The venom of the spider sting is also extracted out of the blood by the help of basil.
- Basil is also used for the treatment of cough and cold.
2.) Ice Pack to Cure Spider Bites
When a spider bites, the first thing you must do is to clean the wound with a mild soap and water. Then after washing, apply an ice pack on the bitten area. The cold temperature will soothe the irritation and burning sensation of spider bite. It also helps in reducing swelling and red marks.
- Wrap a few ice cubes in a thin towel.
- Place it on the bitten area for 10 to 15 minutes.
- You will tend to see that the swelling reduces.
NOTE- Don’t apply ice directly on the skin.
NOTE- Don’t exceed the limit of ice pack on the body for more than 15 minutes, as it can cause dryness of the skin.
3.) Baking Soda to Treat Spider Bites
Baking soda is alkaline in nature and is used to eliminate the venom from your body, which helps in reducing the itching and pain. It is an effective cure for spider bites. Baking soda is a bleaching agent helps not only to treat spider bites but also to get rid of yellow teeth.
- Mix 1 teaspoon of baking soda in a cup of water.
- With cotton apply the mixture on the affected area for 10 minutes.
- Wash the area with mild hot water.
- Repeat after regular intervals.
4.) Salt for Spider Bites
Salt is used to remove the venom, which help in reducing pain. It is an easy and effective home remedy to be used due to its anti-septic and anti-inflammatory properties. It helps in a speedy recovery from a spider bite. Salt also helps to remove dead skin cells from the surrounding region of the wound.
- Wash the area thoroughly with lukewarm water.
- Drop some table salt on a wet cloth.
- Wrap the cloth to the affected area for an hour, then remove it.
5.) Activated Charcoal as a Home Remedy for Spider Bites
Charcoal has the property to absorb and remove toxic substances from the body. When the substance is out of the body, inflammation and redness get reduced automatically. Charcoal helps to detox the body, eventually resulting into a speedy recovery.
- Make a paste of charcoal and water.
- Clean the wound with warm water.
- Now, apply the paste on the affected area.
- Secure the area with a bandage to keep the paste in place.
- Repeat the procedure after every 2 hours to neutralize the toxin.
6.) Turmeric Paste for Spider Bites
Turmeric is an integral part of ayurveda and ayurvedic medicines. It is used for a variety of health diseases including spider bites. It contains curcumin that has natural anti-septic and anti-inflammatory properties. Turmeric is beneficial to be used used in removing the bacteria of a spider bite. It has now become an integral part of various herbal skin creams and is also being used by various medical brands.
- Take a bowl, add 2 tablespoon of turmeric powder.
- Mix it with water to make a paste.
- Apply this paste to your affected areas.
- Leave it for one hour or the overnight.
- Wash it with water the next morning.
- You will witness the improvements.
7.) Potatoes to Treat Spider Bites
Using potato is also an easy and one of the effective home remedies for spider bites. It helps in lowering down the irritation and inflammation due to its anti-inflammatory and soothing properties. It moisturizes the affected area for quick healing. Eating potato also provides a good source of potassium and carbohydrates.
- Peel a potato and wash it gently.
- Grate the potato into shreds on a piece of thin cloth.
- Tie the cloth on affected area tightly until the potato begins to dry.
- Clean the area with mild hot water and repeat the procedure until you feel better.
8.) Aspirin to Get Rid of Spider Bites
Aspirin can be used to relieve minor pain and symptoms of spider bite. It neutralizes the poison to help quick healing. It also controls swelling and inflammation. Aspirin is recommended for external use only not for the internal purpose.
- Combine 2 aspirin in a little water to form a paste.
- Apply the paste on the affected area.
- Leave it for a few hours, then wash it with warm water.
- Repeat the procedure if needed.
9.) Lemon and Garlic Juice
Lemon and Garlic both contain antibiotics, which kills bacteria of spider bite. It proves beneficial to eliminate the toxins injected into your body, thus resulting in a speedy recovery.
- Take a garlic clove and peel off the skin.
- Crush the peeled clove and mix it well with lemon juice.
- You can also use the garlic juice with lemon juice instead of crushed garlic.
- Apply the mixture to affected area.
- Leave it for half an hour before washing with cold water.
- It heals the area quickly.
- This mixture can be used everyday but be careful, it sometimes causes irritation.
10.) Aloe Vera Gel for Spider Bites
Aloe Vera makes the skin smooth and soft and helps in removing infection caused by fungus and bacteria. All these properties of Aloe Vera are helpful in healing the wounds of spider bite, fast and effectively.
- Buy, the Aloe Vera paste from the market without any composition.
- Apply to the affected areas.
- If possible, apply the natural gel scooped out of the leaf.
- It is an easy and one of the best home remedies for spider bites.
11.) Peppermint to Cure Spider Bites
Mint leaves provide a soothing effect to the wound caused due to the spider bite. It contains menthol which has natural properties like analgesic and anti-inflammatory agents. This will help in lowering the swelling due to bacteria and pain from a spider bite.
- Crush a good amount of mint leaves into a fine paste.
- Apply the paste on your affected areas and leave for at least 15 minutes.
- Wash off with water and pat dry.
- Repeat the process after every few hours for a speedy recovery.
12.) Cabbage for Spider Bites
Cabbage is used to heal the spider bite and the reason is that it removes the toxins present in the skin. It also lowers the inflammation and redness of the skin, resulting in a speedy recovery.
- Grate a piece of cabbage on muslin cloth.
- Tie the cloth tightly on the affected area for overnight.
- Remove the cloth next day and wash it with mild water.
- Apply the procedure regularly for a few days.
- It is one of the effective remedies for spider bites.
13.) Hydrogen Peroxide as Home Remedy
Hydrogen Peroxide is used to cure insect bites. It has natural anti-bacterial properties that helps to eliminate the toxins, thus reducing the effects the penetrated venom. Hydrogen peroxide works as a bleaching agent for the skin. There are various remedies for spider bites but it is one of the best one. It is quite a popular ingredient in various medicines, toothpaste and mouthwash.
- Wash the affected area with Hydrogen Peroxide.
- Repeat the remedy regularly for effective results.
14.) Apple Cider Vinegar To Cure Spider Bites
Apple vinegar has natural antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties. It is one of the best remedies for spider bites. ACV manages the pH of your body which reduces the pain and bacteria.
- Take a warm glass of water mix 2 tablespoons apple vinegar.
- Drink this solution regularly for better results.
- The other way of using it is to prepare a toner and apply to the affected area.
- Mix the apple vinegar with water and spray every night on the affected area.
- Leave it overnight and rinse it off the next morning.