This article is about home remedies to get rid of UTI. UTI or Urinary tract infection is a very common problem faced by people all over the world. The bacteria infect the exit tubes of the bladder causing pain in the lower abdomen area. If not cured initially it can cause harm to the kidneys. There are numerous medicines to treat the infection, but instead of them try using natural remedies to get rid of a UTI.
Causes of UTI
- Avoiding Urination
Symptoms of UTI
- Abdominal Pain
- Frequent urination
- Change in urine color.
- Burning sensation when urinating.
Home Remedies to Get Rid of UTI
- Home Remedies to Get Rid of UTI
- 1.) Hot Water Compress to Get Rid of UTI
- 2.) Indian Gooseberry to Get Rid of UTI
- 3.) Tea Tree Oil to Get Rid of UTI
- 4.) Blueberries to Get Rid of UTI
- 5.) Apple Cider Vinegar to Get Rid of UTI
- 6.) Cranberry Juice to Get Rid of UTI
- 7.) Pineapple to get Rid of UTI
- 8.) Uva Ursi to Get Rid of UTI
- 9.) Water to Get Rid of UTI
- 10.) Go For Healthier Habits
- 11.) Ginger Tea to Get Rid Of UTI
- 12.) Baking Soda to Get Rid Of UTI
1.) Hot Water Compress to Get Rid of UTI
Hot water compress helps to lower the bladder pressure and help you to get relief from pain due to infection. A hot compress will reduce the swelling and helps to stop the growth of bacteria that causes the infection.
- Pour some hot water in a plastic water bottle.
- At your lower abdomen, place the water bottle for a few minutes.
- You can also use a heating pad in place of hot water bottle on the abdominal area to get rid of the pain.
2.) Indian Gooseberry to Get Rid of UTI
Indian Gooseberry is loaded with vitamin C, which stops the further growth of bacteria.
- Take a glass of water.
- Add two teaspoons of Indian gooseberry powder and a half teaspoon of turmeric powder.
- Boil the solution until it reduce to half.
- Drink the solution two times a day for at least three days.
You can also take diet rich in vitamin C like oranges, lemons, bananas, kiwi, guava, melon and papaya.
3.) Tea Tree Oil to Get Rid of UTI
Tea tree oil is popular for its antibacterial properties that treat the bacteria effectively that cause infections like UTIs.
- You can mix tea tree oil with juniper oil and sandalwood oil.
- Massage with this mixture on the lower abdominal region and on the skin near the bladder.
- This is very successful in lowering pain associated with UTIs.
- Follow this method daily one time for two to three days.
- Another easy way to get rid of a UTI is too steep in warm water mixed with three teaspoons of plain yogurt and ten drops of tea tree oil.
- Do this regularly for 15 minutes for about 15 days.
4.) Blueberries to Get Rid of UTI
Blueberries have properties that inhibit the growth of bacteria that help in the cure of UTIs. The antioxidants found in the blueberries are superior to the body immune system, and they stop the development of bacteria that causes UTIs.
- You can use some fresh blueberries to your cereal and have it in your breakfast.
- You can also prepare the fresh blueberry juice and have it regularly.
- Drink it in the morning and at evening for quick results.
- Do not use any artificial sweetener to the blueberry juice.
- Include fresh juice of blueberry in your breakfast as it is an excellent way to prevent UTIs.
5.) Apple Cider Vinegar to Get Rid of UTI
Apple cider vinegar is one of the best sources of potassium, enzymes and other beneficial minerals that can stop the growth of bacteria that is the main source of UTIs . Those having UTIs can go for apple cider vinegar as an antibiotic to get rid of the infection.
- Add three tablespoons of apple cider vinegar to a glass of warm water.
- You can also mix some lemon juice and honey for flavor.
- Drink this regularly two times a day for a couple of days.
6.) Cranberry Juice to Get Rid of UTI
Cranberries prevent bacteria from affecting the walls of the urethra because of compound proanthocyanidins present in it. Cranberry juice also has a very strong antibiotic effect.
- Drinking a glass of cranberry juice regularly is one of the simplest ways to treat urinary tract infections.
- Those who have UTI should drink two to three glasses of cranberry juice regularly to cure the infection.
- You must not add sugar to cranberry juice. You can add apple juice to boost the taste.
- Avoid cranberry juice if you are having kidney stones.
7.) Pineapple to get Rid of UTI
Pineapple contains anti-inflammatory properties because of Bromelain, that reduce UTI symptoms. Take doctor prescribed medicines with pineapple for faster results.
- Eating a bowl of pineapple on a daily basis can help to get rid of UTIs.
- You can also take juice from a pineapple and have it.
- Avoid using the packed pineapple juice as it may contain preservatives.
- Always go for fresh pineapple.
8.) Uva Ursi to Get Rid of UTI
Uva Ursi is a popular herb that is in use for centuries to treat numerous infections like UTI. The antiseptic properties help to cure UTI in a fast manner. You can buy it from any drugstore as it is easily available. It removes the problem of urinary discoloration and pain while urination.
9.) Water to Get Rid of UTI
Drink abundance of water, when to get rid of a urinary tract infection. Drink at least five to eight glasses of water on a daily basis. By drinking plenty of water, automatically you will urinate more, which is important for dealing with a UTI. Also, your urine will become less acidic and the bacteria causing the infection will be flushed out of your body, helping you to recover fast. Drink vegetable and fruit juices to give your body the essential vitamins and minerals needed to fight off the infection.
10.) Go For Healthier Habits
Taking healthy foods is the first thing when suffering from the UTI. Healthy foods contain good amount of protein, carbohydrates and minerals that help to cure UTI in a fast way. Avoid taking spicy, greasy food and carbonated drinks as they will cause more pain during the UTI. Avoid the following things to get well fast.
- Quit Smoking.
- Wear light cotton clothes and undergarments.
- Clean yourself from front to back.
- Choose only alcohol free hygiene products.
11.) Ginger Tea to Get Rid Of UTI
Ginger is one of the greatest antibacterial and astringent, natural remedy for UTI. It helps to treat the infection by removing the bacteria from the body. Ginger can be taken in numerous forms, but the best one is Ginger tea.
- Take a piece of ginger and a glass of water.
- Boil the water in a pan and add the crushed ginger in it.
- Wait for five minutes and remove it from the heat.
- Strain it in a glass and drink slowly.
- Drink it two times in a day for a few days.
12.) Baking Soda to Get Rid Of UTI
Baking soda will improve the balance of acidic urine and provide you relief from the pain. Balancing the acidity in the urine will help to speed up the healing. Just mix one teaspoon of baking soda to one glass of water and have it daily twice a time.