In this article, we will discuss about foot odor and home remedies to remove foot odor. Foot odor is known as smelly feet. It can make a person uncomfortable and embarrassing. A smelly foot is the main cause of low confidence level. In other words, it is a type of body odor that affects the feet of humans and is generally considered to be an unpleasant smell. Foot odor medically known as bromodosis, it can affect anyone. Bacteria with sweaty feet cause foot odor. Odor can be vinegary or cheesy that sticks to their feet, shoes and socks. A foot smells when bacteria on the skin break down the sweat as it comes from the pores. Read more, to know about foot odor and home remedies to remove foot odor.
Causes of Foot Odor:
- Alcohol and drugs
- Poor hygiene
- Warm and moist feet
- Hormonal changes, such as can be brought on by menopause or puberty
- Lack of ventilation for your feet
- Tight footwear
- Excessive sweating and bacteria
Home Remedies to Remove Foot Odor:
1.) Ginger Root as a Remedy to Remove Foot Odor
Ginger is an effective home remedy for various health problems. It is also an effective remedy for foot odor and also removes toxins. Ginger is an amazing solution for smelly feet as it inhibits bacterial growth. Use ginger to reduce foot odor. Follow these methods to use this remedy.
- Take a puree out of a medium sized ginger root.
- Then, boil the puree in a cup of water for 5-10 minutes.
- Strain the solution.
- Use filtered liquid to massage your feet.
- Massage your feet gently.
- Do this regularly for 2-3 weeks for effective results.
2.) Sugar Scrub as a Remedy for Foot Odor
Removing dead skin cells will also help in eliminating foot odor, as they too can contribute to foot odor. Daily use of sugar scrub to clean your feet will help your feet to prevent the formation of calluses. The homemade scrub will help you to get rid of foot odor instantly. Follow these methods, which are given below to use this home remedy. This remedy will help you to remove bacteria and dead skin cells.
- Take some clean water, sugar and isopropyl alcohol.
- Mix sugar in high quantity into the water to make a thick paste.
- Use one part of isopropyl alcohol into five parts of water.
- After adding both the ingredients, apply the scrub on your feet for 15 minutes.
- Repeat this remedy 2-3 times in a week for improvement.
3.) Sage Leaves as a Remedy for Foot Odor
Sage is known as an herbal remedy. It contains anti-fungal and antibacterial properties that help to reduce sweat that leads to foot odor. Sage is a beneficial herbal remedy for reducing foot odor and smell of the feet. Use this herbal remedy by following these methods.
- Take some sage leaves and water and then boil it.
- Filter it, after filtering it.
- Soak your feet in lukewarm sage tea for 15-20 minutes.
- You need to take care that tea must be a little warm, but not too hot.
- You can also have a cup of sage tea before sleep.
4.) Baking Soda as a Remedy for Foot Odor
Baking soda is an effective remedy to remove foot odor. It reduces bacteria and neutralizes the pH of sweat, which leads to smelly feet. Baking soda is sodium bicarbonate, which is known as an effective home remedy for eliminating food odor. Methods to use this remedy
- Take 1 tbsp of baking soda and some warm water.
- Mix 1 tbsp of baking soda in warm water.
- Then soak your feet into about 10-15 minutes.
- Do this procedure regularly at least for 1 week.
- You can also sprinkle baking soda in both the shoes before wearing them.
- It will help in reducing the bacteria.
5.) Vinegar as a Remedy for Foot Odor
Vinegar is the finest remedy for foot odor. Bacteria cannot survive because of its acidic properties. You can also use apple cider vinegar. Use this beneficial remedy to get relief from foot odor. Methods to follow.
- Take 1 half cup of vinegar and 8 cups of hot water.
- Add one-half cup of vinegar into 8 cups of water.
- Make a mixture of it properly.
- Soak your feet in this solution for 15 minutes.
- Then rinse off your feet properly with soap.
6.) Lavender Oil as a Remedy for Foot Odor
Lavender is a good home remedy for foot odor, easy to use. Lavender helps to kill bacteria that occur foot odor. Lavender contains anti-fungal properties too, which helps to treat smelling of fat. Lavender oil smells good, that’s helping to remove foot odor effectively and makes your feet fresh. Use this remedy by following these methods.
- Take lavender oil and warm water.
- Add a few drops of lavender oil in warm water.
- Then soak your feet in it for 20-25 minutes.
- Repeat 2 times in a day regularly.
7.) Black Tea as a Remedy for Foot Odor
Black tea is an effective remedy to close the pores of your feet. Bacteria produce smelly feet and black tea helps to kill the bacteria by its tannic acid property. It also tends to reduce the amount of sweat on, which the bacteria feed. Use this home remedy by following the method given below.
- Take 2 black tea bags and 3 cups of hot water and half a bucket of normal water.
- Boil tea bags in hot water.
- Then add a half bucket of normal water to lower the temperature of the tea.
- Soak your feet in it for 15 minutes.
- Use this remedy regularly for a week.
8.) Borax as a Remedy for Foot Odor
When we talk about disinfectants especially for foot odor. Then borax is what comes to the mind. The product has been known for ages for getting rid of odor as well as being a bacteria remover. Its properties makes it one of the ideal home remedies for foot odor. To use it follow the steps given below.
- Take one-half cup of vinegar or borax and 2 cups of water.
- Mix the vinegar and borax into two cups of water.
- Then spray inside of your shoes.
9.) Epsom Salt as a Remedy for Foot Odor
Epsom salt helps to lessen the smell coming from the feet. It helps in neutralizing the foot odor and it also fights with microbial infection. If we talk about Epsom salt, it is one of the effective home remedies for foot odor. Its virtues make it an effective remedy for foot odor. A detoxifying foot bath with Epsom salt is also relaxing for aching feet. Use this remarkable remedy by following these methods.
- Take 2 tsp of Epsom salt and half a bucket of warm water.
- Mix Epsom salt into warm water.
- Then soak your feet in it for 15 minutes.
- Repeat this process before going to sleep.
10.) Alum as a Remedy for Foot Odor
Alum is another essential home remedy for foot odor that helps in reducing bad smelling of feet. Alum has antiseptic and astringent properties. It is one of the best home remedies for foot odor. It inhibits the growth of bacteria.
- Take 1 tsp of alum powder and 1 cup of water.
- Wash your feet with this solution.
- Then, after 20 minutes dry your feet properly and then sprinkle some alum powder on them.
- Do this process once regularly.