This article is about home remedies for ringworm treatment. You can follow the remedies for 3 days ringworm treatment. Ringworm is an infectious fungal disease. This disease is caused by many bacteria and fungus which are present on your body. It is a very common disease which usually found in children. Tinea is the medical term used for ringworm. Ringworm causes red patches, scaling and crushed rashes that may appear as round on the skin. So you need not worry about this disease because there are so many treatments for this disease. But in this article, you will get to know home remedies to get rid of ringworm.
Types of Ringworm:
- Tinea Unguium- This fungal infection can affect your toenails and fingernails. It makes your nails thick, yellow and breakable.
- Tinea Pedis- This infection may cause inflammation and scaling in the toe webs. This type of infection produces a thickening of the skin on the soles and heels.
- Tinea Barbae- This fungal infection occurs in the bearded area of the face and neck. It causes hair to break off, itching and swelling.
- Tinea Capitis- This infection mainly affects the scalp. Children are most commonly affected by this infection. Scalp scaling with bald spots is the main cause of this infection.
- Tinea Corporis- This fungal infection produces the round spots on the skin. These round spots contain “active” outer border. They grow slowly.
Causes of Ringworm:
- By touching the infected person, you will definitely catch by ringworm. It spreads from one person to another person.
- Soil can be the reason of ringworm because fungus may be present in the soil. So you may be affected by contact with soil.
- This disease also spread by animals to humans. Animals like pigs, dogs and cats have fungal and bacterial infections on their skin. This infection spread easily from these animals to humans, especially in children.
- From touching items like towels, hair brush, clothes and some other personal things which have been used by an infected person.
Symptoms of Ringworm:
- Small bumps come out on the head in a circular pattern.
- It affects the hands especially spaces between the fingers and palms.
- It causes toenails and fingernails and make them thick, crumbly and yellow.
- It causes itchy, red and painful rashes on the skin.
- It produces the round spots and scaly on the skin.
Home Remedies for Ringworm Treatment:
Ringworm is very common and contagious disease. So we need to get rid of ringworm. Home remedies are easy to use and effective as well. The Ingredients are easily available at your home. So you can treat ringworm very easily.
1.) Honey for the Removal of Ringworm
Honey contains anti-fungal and hydrogen peroxide properties. Due to these properties, it can prevent the growth of fungi.
Steps to Use Honey to Remove Ringworm Naturally:
- Apply organic honey to the affected area of your skin.
- Make sure it covers your ring properly.
- After applying the honey, place the pad on it. So that honey gets easily absorbed into the skin.
- Repeat this remedy each day.
2.) Apple Cider Vinegar to Get Rid of Ringworm Fast
Apple cider vinegar is used to treat many infectious diseases due to its antibacterial and anti-fungal properties.
Steps to Use ACV to Treat Ringworm Naturally:
- Soak a cotton ball in apple cider vinegar.
- Apply it on your infected skin. Put a bandage for at least 30 minutes.
- Use this remedy twice a day.
3.) Aloe Vera to Get Rid of Ringworm Naturally
Aloe Vera is a natural home remedy to get rid of ringworm. Aloe Vera contains the resin which helps to prevent your skin from itching, irritation and inflammation caused by ringworm.
Steps to Use Aloe Vera to Cure Ringworm Fast:
- Squeeze some gel from aloe Vera and apply it on the ringworm.
- Repeat this home remedy twice a day until it eliminates the ringworm.
4.) Nail Polish to Treat Ringworm Fast
Nail polish is the most uncommon home remedy for treating ringworm. It helps to suffocate the fungus which is the reason of ringworm.
Steps to Use Nail Polish to Heal Ringworm:
- Apply nail polish directly to the ringworm.
- It will remove the ringworm easily.
5.) Tea Tree Oil to Get Rid of Ringworm Naturally
Tea tree oil has germicide, anti fungal and antibacterial properties. So it is the best home remedy to treat ringworm.
Steps to Use Tea Tree Oil to Cure Ringworm:
- First of all, clean your infected area.
- Then apply the tea tree oil on your affected area 2 to 3 times in a day.
6.) Turmeric Powder to Get Rid of Ringworm Naturally
Turmeric powder is the best way to remove ringworm naturally as it contains antibacterial and antiseptic properties.
Steps to Use Turmeric to Prevent Ringworm Fast:
- Mix some turmeric powder with water to make a paste.
- Apply it on your ringworm to see the best results.
- After some time, remove it with warm water.
7.) Mustard Seeds to Remove Ringworm Fast
Mustard seeds are very small in size. But they are very helpful to treat ringworm.
Steps to Use Mustard Seeds to Cure Ringworm:
- Take some mustard seeds, then soak them in water for at least 30 minutes.
- After that grind them to make a paste.
- Apply this paste to your infected area.
- Leave it for some time, then wash it off with water.
- This home remedy is effective to get rid of ringworm.
8.) Garlic to Get Rid of Ringworm Naturally and Fast
Garlic is the best home remedy to cure ringworm due to its medicinal properties.
Steps to Use Garlic for Treating Ringworm:
- Take a garlic clove, then peel it off.
- Crush the clove and apply it on the ringworm.
- Use band aid to cover it.
- This remedy gives the results fast.
9.) Raw Papaya to Cure Ringworm Fast & Naturally
Raw papaya contains Vitamin A and enzymes called papain. That’s why it helps to cure ringworm effectively.
Steps to Use Raw Papaya to Treat Ringworm Fast:
- Cut the raw papaya into slices.
- Then place these slices on the infected area for at least ten minutes.
- Repeat this home remedy for better results.
10.) Salt and Vinegar to Treat Ringworm Fast
To remove fungus, you need to moisturize them. So use salt and vinegar both to remove fungus.
Steps to Use Salt and Vinegar to Avoid Ringworm:
- Take one tablespoon of salt and mix it with two tablespoons of vinegar to make a paste.
- Apply this paste on your infected area at least 3 times a day.
- This remedy will definitely eliminate the ringworm.
11.) Vegetables Juice to Get Rid of Ringworm Fast
Vegetables contain vitamin A. As vitamin A is helpful to remove fungus that causing ringworm.
Steps to Make Vegetable Juice to Cure Ringworm:
- Take some vegetables like spinach and carrots. These vegetables are rich in vitamin A.
- Blend them properly.
- Squeeze them and then the juice will come out.
- Apply this juice on ringworm.
- It is a really good home remedy to get rid of ringworm.
12.) Lemongrass to Treat Ringworm Naturally & Fast
Lemongrass has anti-fungal and anti-inflammatory properties. Due to which it helps to remove the toxins from your body. Lemongrass is helpful to cure ringworm. You can use it internally and externally.
Steps to Use Lemongrass to Get Relief from Ringworm:
- Prepare a lemongrass tea by adding lemongrass leaves in a cup of boiling water. Then, boil the water again and strain it.
- Drink lemon grass tea or you can apply tea bags to infected area as well.
- Drink it 3 to 4 times in a day to get relief from the ringworm fast.