After writing, how to get rid of poison ivy?, how to treat a yeast infection?, and home remedies for hives treatment, we are now writing about scabies and home remedies for scabies treatment. Scabies is an infectious skin disease marked by itching. It is a highly contagious skin disease caused by an infestation by the itch mite, Sarcoptes scabies. It is a situation of extremely scratchy, itchy and irritated skin caused by tiny mites. Itching is caused due to an allergic reaction from the mites. Scabies looks like small raised red spots on your skin and a pimple-like rash. It occurs due to severe itchiness on your skin. Rarely tiny burrows may be seen in the skin.
Scratching it can cause a bacterial infection of the skin. Itching can get worse at night. Scabies spreads easily from one person to another. Anyone can get it. Scabies can occur at any part of the body, especially at wrists, buttocks, under the breasts, elbows, along the waistline, between the fingers or shoulder blades. Read more, to find out about scabies and home remedies for scabies treatment.
What Causes Scabies?
- Direct, skin to skin contact (is the most common method to get scabies)
- Adults often get scabies through sexual contact.
- Contact with an infested objective, such as bedding, upholstered furniture or towel.
- Having a weak immune system also increases the risk of getting scabies.
- Children, mothers of young children, sexually active adults and residents of extended care services such as treatment homes and prison are at risk of contracting scabies.
- Individuals who have undergone an organ transplant.
Symptoms of Scabies:
- Itching, mainly at night. The itching can be intense and severe that makes a person awake at night.
- Sores, scratching the itchy rash can cause sores. A disease can grow in the Sore
- Rash, many people get the scabies rash. This rash causes tiny bumps that frequently form a line. Bumps can look like tiny bites, knots under the skin, hives or pimples.
- Thick crusts on the skin. Crusts structure when an individual develops a severe type of scabies.
Home Remedies for Scabies Treatment:
1.) Garlic for Scabies Treatment
Garlic is known as the effectual home remedy for scabies. Garlic contains antibacterial properties that help in removing the real mites that occur the infection. Garlic helps to avoid other infections. It also acts on infection and prevent it. Continuous usage of garlic will help you to get rid of scabies. Methods to use garlic are:
- Take a garlic, extract the juice and then apply it on the affected area.
- Apply garlic on the affected area for 3 days.
- Take a break of 2 days before continuing in order to stop the skin from burning.
2.) Turmeric for Scabies Treatment
Turmeric is one of the best remedies to treat scabies. It contains anti-inflammatory and antiseptic properties that lead to the removal of scabies effectively. Turmeric works as a great remedy to relieve the symptoms of scabies. Methods to follow to use this remedy.
- Take a lemon and 1 tbsp of turmeric powder
- Extract the juice from lemon and add a few drops of lemon juice into 1tbsp of turmeric powder.
- Then, add some water to make a thick paste.
- After making a thick paste apply it on your affected area and leave it for an hour.
- Then, after an hour wash off it with lukewarm water.
- Repeat this process daily until you won’t get relief.
3.) Cayenne Pepper to Treat Scabies
Cayenne pepper is known as a useful home remedy for scabies removal. Cayenne pepper kills and burns the mites. It also works as a relieving agent for scabies. Use this useful remedy to get relief from scabies by following this procedure.
- Take some hot bath water and add a cup of cayenne pepper in it.
- Mix it well and soak your affected part in the bath water until the water gets cold.
- Avoid contact with eyes, it can cause burning sensation in your eyes.
- Wash off cayenne pepper with cool water.
- Use this procedure once in a day.
Note: Do not use this procedure if you have a sensitive skin.
4.) White Vinegar to Heal Scabies
White vinegar changes the pH level of the skin because of its acidic nature. White vinegar helps in reduction of scabies. pH level causes mites to die. Use this acidic remedy for getting relief from scabies by using this method.
- Take a bowl, add vinegar and water in equal quantity.
- Apply this mixture on affected area through a cotton ball.
- Leave it on the affected area for few minutes.
- Then, wash off it with lukewarm water.
5.) Lavender Oil for Scabies Treatment
Lavender oil is also another important remedy for scabies. It kills the parasites like mites and it also promotes the skin cell regeneration that helps in reduction of scabies. Mites lead to scabies and lavender oil kills the mites effectively. Follow this method to use this home remedy.
- Mix pure lavender oil and rubbing alcohol in equal quantity.
- Apply it and massage gently on your affected area.
- This process will help you to kill the mites.
- Use this procedure twice in a day regularly.
6.) Aloe Vera for Scabies Treatment
Aloe vera works effectively as a home remedy for various skin problems like scabies. It contains natural therapeutic and antimicrobial properties that help in speeding up the healing process. Use this home remedy for faster healing.
- Apply fresh Aloe Vera gel on the affected area.
- Leave it for some time and then wash off it with lukewarm water.
- Repeat this process 2 times a day for few weeks.
7.) Indica Leaves for Scabies Treatment
Indica(neem) leaves is known as one of the finest remedies for scabies. It helps to clear the mites and reduces itching due to its antifungal and antibacterial properties. Use this method by following these steps.
- Take some water and some neem leaves
- Boil the indica leaves into in a cup of water.
- Let it cool and then, drink 1 tbsp of the solution 2-3 times a day.
- Consume this solution for a week or until the reduction of the mites.
8.) Zinc for Scabies Treatment
Zinc do not cure scabies directly. It really helps to fight off secondary skin disease and prevents the fungal outbreak. Eat food which contains zinc like whole grain products, soybeans, wheat bran and sunflower seeds. Use this remedy for better results by following this method.
- Take 2-3 zinc tablets and grind them properly into a fine powder.
- Then make a thick paste after adding a little water in it.
- Apply the paste on the affected skin. Leave it until it won’t get dry naturally.
- Wash off it with lukewarm water.
- Repeat this until you won’t get relief from scabies infection.
9.) Clove Oil for Scabies Treatment
Clove oil can also help you to get rid of scabies naturally. It also contains anti-inflammatory and anti-microbial properties. Clove oil gives relief from pain and itching. Add olive oil into clove oil and apply it on the affected areas of the skin.
10.) Cold Soak for Scabies Treatment
Cold soak is known as an easiest home remedy and easy to use. A cold soak is an easy way to reduce the intense pain and itching. It also prevents spreading of scabies through itching. Applying ice cubes on the affected area of your skin will give you relief from itch and pain. Cold soak gives temporary relief, it gives relief for some time, but it will not give permanent relief from itch and pain.
11.) Bleach to Get Rid of Scabies
The bleach contains chlorine that has the capacity to kill the parasites living on your skin. Well, you will need 2 to 3 tablespoons of bleach and 1 cup of water. Mix it well to make a solution. Now with the help of a cotton swab, apply it on the infected area. After half and hour wash it off with cold water.
12.) Tea Tree Oil
Tea tree oil is one of the best home remedies to get rid of scabies. It contains the properties like antibacterial, antifungal and antiseptic to keep the infection of scabies at bay. Well, there are two different ways of using tea tree oil. First is the topical appliance on the skin. For that you will need 1 tablespoon of both olive and tea tree oil mixed together. Now apply that mixture on your affected area directly with the help of a cotton ball. The second method is to pour a few drops of tea tree oil in your bathing water. And take a bath with that diluted water.Try to follow any of the two process twice daily.