This article is about home remedies for sensitive teeth treatment. Teeth sensitivity is a common problem among many. It causes terrible pain and discomfort when the teeth come in contact even with a slightly hot and cold food. Sensitivity occurs when the protective shield, namely the enamel is damaged due to thorough brushing and rough handling. Today there are several ways available to get rid of sensitive teeth like medicines, toothpaste, surgery and many more, but treating it with home remedies for sensitive teeth is the best effective ways to get rid of this problem.
Once the enamel is eradicated, the nerve endings get disturbed and it leads to the problem of teeth sensitivity. There are a number of effective and magical home remedies for sensitive teeth in this article which will help you to get rid of this problem. However, if you don’t find any relief in a week or 2 and the problem resides at the same level, make sure you consult a dentist who might suggest a root canal treatment or a cavity filling for relief. Read below to know all the best home remedies for teeth sensitivity.
Best Home Remedies for Sensitive Teeth Treatment:
- Best Home Remedies for Sensitive Teeth Treatment:
- 1.) Change the Toothpaste to Treat Sensitive Teeth
- 2.) Baking Soda to Cure Sensitive Teeth
- 3.) Sealants to Get Rid of Sensitive Teeth
- 4.) Clove to Heal Sensitive Teeth
- 5.) Aloe Vera Gel to Treat Sensitive Teeth
- 6.) Mint Leaves to Cure Sensitive Teeth
- 7.) Ginger to Get Rid of Sensitive Teeth
- 8.) Teeth Guard to Remove Sensitive Teeth
- 9.) Avoid Sugary Items to Cure Sensitive Teeth
- 10.) Avoid Chilled and hot Items
- 11.) Use Soft Brush
- 12.) See a Dentist to Get Rid of Sensitive Teeth
- 13.) Guava Leaves to Treat Sensitive Teeth
- 14.) Onion to Get Rid of Tooth Sensitivity
- 15.) Salt and Pepper to Cure Tooth Sensitivity
- 16.) Asafetida to Get Rid of Tooth Sensitivity
- 17.) Garlic to Treat Tooth Sensitivity
- 18.) Peppermint Essential Oil to Get Rid of Tooth Sensitivity
- 19.) Cinnamon Essential Oil to Treat Tooth Sensitivity
- 20.) Coconut Oil Pulling to Get Rid of Tooth Sensitivity
- 21.) Vanilla Extract to Treat Tooth Sensitivity
- 22.) Wheatgrass Juice for Sensitive Teeth
1.) Change the Toothpaste to Treat Sensitive Teeth
It is among the easiest remedies for sensitive teeth. The market is full with specialized toothpaste that helps in reducing the sensitivity of the teeth. These toothpastes is the best home remedy to solve the problem. It offers relief from the tingling pain and sensitivity when you consume hot and cold food items. Include a good habit of brushing your teeth twice, that is before and after your bedtime. Use toothpaste that includes features to solve sensitivity.
2.) Baking Soda to Cure Sensitive Teeth
Baking soda is among the simplest remedies for sensitive teeth. Removal of the enamel will increase the risk of teeth damage. Teeth will soon turn into a sensitive and cause pain and discomfort. If there is excess saliva or low saliva production in your mouth, this will lead to softening of the teeth and increase the sensitivity problem.
3.) Sealants to Get Rid of Sensitive Teeth
Sealants are compelling for recovering the sensitive teeth so that the nerves are not disturbed when you eat hot or chilled food items. Holding materials are ordinarily made of a plastic material to act about as a securing divider to the teeth. Apply the sealant on your tooth when you have teeth sensitivity with the assistance of a doctor. It is a most normal remedy that will assist in with keeping the discomfort away. It is known, that nerve disturbance may require medications like root canal so take advise from your doctor.
4.) Clove to Heal Sensitive Teeth
Cloves are a good source of anti-bacteria and anti-septic which help to treat sensitive teeth effectively. It has a magical power to treat the sensitive teeth. Not only teeth sensitivity, it is used to treat all the teeth and mouth related problem. Like bad breath and mouth blisters. Chew on a clove for some time and your will get the positive results. Keep repeating the process.
5.) Aloe Vera Gel to Treat Sensitive Teeth
Aloe Vera gel on the teeth can help in reducing the expansion of bacteria that mainly responsible for the problem of teeth sensitivity. It can be directly applied on the teeth to reduce the problem of sensitive teeth. Gargling with aloe Vera juice can also show effective results. Try to use fresh aloe Vera gel or juice to heal this problem. It is the best among all the home remedies for sensitive teeth.
6.) Mint Leaves to Cure Sensitive Teeth
Boil 10–12 mint leaves in 2 cups of water and use this mixture for rinsing the mouth. It is essential to note that use this mixture when it is cool. Frequent use of this home remedies for sensitive teeth can help in reducing the problem up to a significant level.
7.) Ginger to Get Rid of Sensitive Teeth
Ginger can be used as a best home remedy for sensitive teeth. This juice can be applied on the affected teeth to relieve. Try to use this remedy before going to bed at night to get a better result. Simply crush 1 some ginger root and extract the juice from the ginger and apply it on the affected area.
8.) Teeth Guard to Remove Sensitive Teeth
Teeth granulating during the evening is a typical issue, particularly widespread among children. To keep the teeth away from chipping and also to counteract the harm to the teeth while granulating, it is prescribed that you wear a night guard. Night guard will assist in with protecting while you are sleeping. Night Guard is accessible in every medical shop.
9.) Avoid Sugary Items to Cure Sensitive Teeth
This is essential when you have sensitive teeth. Alongside all the above home remedies for sensitive teeth, controlling the intake of sugary and acidic food. Natural product squeezes that are acidic like citrus foods grown from the ground must be kept under control to forestall further harm to the polish. It also helps to control the sensitivity. It is additionally essential to quit smoking and biting tobacco if you have such unfortunate habits as it will prompt subsiding of the gums and cause gum sensitivity.
10.) Avoid Chilled and hot Items
Do not intake very chilled and hot food. this will worsen the situation. Try to eat food with a moderate temperature that does not irritate your teeth. Avoid intake of tea, coffee and cold drinks to treat teeth sensitive. This will allow all the remedy to work properly. If you are addicted to tea and coffee make sure you drink it at a very normally temperature that doesn’t irritate your sensitivity.
11.) Use Soft Brush
Take a look whether you are using a soft toothbrush or not. If you’re scrubbing your teeth, tough and harsh brush this can worsen the situation. So make sure you use a soft brush. Make sure you brush your teeth for a full two minutes. This will help you to cure your sensitive teeth. Hard brushing can actually remove the essential enamel, when it is removed this causes sensitivity problems. If you have any problem related to your gums or bone loss and root, it is a result scrubbing at cementum.
12.) See a Dentist to Get Rid of Sensitive Teeth
Medical treatment is necessary to cure the sensitive teeth if you are facing the problem for a long time. Along with the medications home remedies for sensitive teeth will help a lot to cure this problem. So consult your dentist to get rid of this problem and try home remedies we have suggested.
13.) Guava Leaves to Treat Sensitive Teeth
This is one of the most natural remedies to get rid of teeth sensitivity. The flavonoids such as rutin, quercetin present in guava leaves are known for its anti-inflammatory and analgesic properties. It is an excellent choice if you are experiencing sharp pain related to tooth sensitivity. It is a wonderful fruit to relieve tooth sensitivity. Here are some steps to use guava leaves to get relief.
- Add 4 to 4 guava leaves in a pot of water.
- Boil the water for about 5 to 10 minutes.
- Allow it to cool down otherwise it will burn your mouth.
- Add a pinch of salt in this water.
- Use this as a mouthwash to relieve tooth sensitivity.
14.) Onion to Get Rid of Tooth Sensitivity
This is one of the best home remedies to get relief from tooth sensitivity and toothache. It contains a flavonoid called quercetin that offers anti-inflammatory properties which reduces the pain caused by teeth sensitivity. Onion also contains antimicrobial and antiseptic properties which fight the harmful bacteria in the mouth that is responsible for causing pain. Here are some steps to use onion to treat tooth sensitivity.
- Cut an onion into small pieces.
- Hold a piece of onion against the affected tooth.
- Rub it on the tooth for about 5 minutes.
- Now, rinse off your mouth with salt water to avoid bad breath.
- Repeat this 2 to 3 times a day to get best results.
15.) Salt and Pepper to Cure Tooth Sensitivity
The combination of salt and pepper is wonderful when it comes to treat tooth sensitivity. Both these ingredients are cheap and easy to get. The antibacterial, analgesic and anti-inflammatory properties present in these ingredients helps in minimizing the pain caused by tooth sensitivity. Here are some steps to use salt and pepper to get rid of tooth sensitivity.
- Take equal amounts of salt and pepper.
- Mix a few drops of water to make a paste.
- Coat your sensitive tooth with this paste and rub it for a couple of minutes.
- Do this every day for several weeks to get rid of the pain completely.
16.) Asafetida to Get Rid of Tooth Sensitivity
This is one of the best home remedies to get rid of tooth sensitivity and toothache. It is an excellent choice for toothache. Here are some steps to use asafetida to get instant relief.
- In half teaspoon of asafetida powder, mix one teaspoon of lemon juice.
- Heat this mixture a little.
- With the help of a cotton ball dab this mixture on the affected tooth.
- This will give you instant relief from the pain.
- Alternatively, apply asafetida powder directly on the sensitive tooth to get quick relief from the pain.
17.) Garlic to Treat Tooth Sensitivity
This is one of the best ways to treat tooth sensitivity and toothache. There are number of compounds present in garlic which are beneficial for the oral health. It is a natural anesthetic which gives instant relief from pain that is caused by tooth sensitivity. The antibacterial properties present in garlic helps in preventing the infection from spreading. If you are worried about its bad breath, then chew some parsley leaves. Here are some steps to use garlic to get rid of tooth sensitivity.
- Crush one garlic and clove to make a paste.
- Add 2 to 3 drops of water and half teaspoon of sea salt.
- Now, apply this paste on your sensitive tooth.
- Rinse your mouth with warm salt water after a few minutes.
- Do this twice a day to treat tooth sensitivity.
- Alternatively, cut a clove into two halves. Rub it against the affected teeth for about 20 minutes. Wash your mouth with warm salt water. Do this atleast 3 times a day to get instant relief.
18.) Peppermint Essential Oil to Get Rid of Tooth Sensitivity
The antiseptic properties present in peppermint essential oil helps to kill anaerobic bacteria that are responsible for causing gum disease. Peppermint essential oil ensures that the dentin’s protective covering remains intact. Here are some steps to treat tooth sensitivity. This oil also fights bad breath.
- Combine equal parts of coconut oil and baking soda.
- Mix atleast 15 drops of pure peppermint oil.
- Brush your teeth with this homemade toothpaste.
- Alternatively, add one drop of peppermint oil to your usual toothpaste.
19.) Cinnamon Essential Oil to Treat Tooth Sensitivity
The antibacterial properties present in cinnamon essential oil fights the bacteria that are responsible for causing tooth decay. It prevents the teeth from becoming over sensitive. Either you can add a drop of cinnamon essential oil to your normal toothpaste or make homemade toothpaste. Combine equal parts of coconut oil and baking soda and add 10 to 15 drops of cinnamon essential oil. Brush your teeth every day to get rid of tooth sensitivity completely.
20.) Coconut Oil Pulling to Get Rid of Tooth Sensitivity
Oil pulling is one of the oldest remedies to clean the teeth. There are a variety of benefits of coconut oil for oral health such as promotes healthy teeth, kills the bacteria and helps to get rid of teeth sensitivity. It makes the teeth look brighter and whiter. Coconut oil removes the bacteria and toxins from the gums. It also fights off the bacteria that are responsible for causing cavities. The best benefit of this is that it is easily available and is inexpensive. Here are some steps to do oil pulling to treat tooth sensitivity.
- Put one tablespoon of coconut oil in your mouth.
- Swish it in your mouth and in between your teeth for about 20 minutes.
- Spit this oil out of your mouth. Make sure you don’t swallow it.
- Clean your mouth with warm water.
- Now, brush your teeth as usual.
- Do this daily in the morning to get rid of teeth sensitivity.
21.) Vanilla Extract to Treat Tooth Sensitivity
This is one of the best home remedies to treat tooth sensitivity. It is an excellent choice to get relief from the pain caused by tooth sensitivity. All you need to do is soak a cotton ball in vanilla extract. Apply this on the affected teeth and leave it for a few minutes. Repeat this process several times a day to get quick relief from the pain.
22.) Wheatgrass Juice for Sensitive Teeth
This is a wonderful remedy for sensitive teeth. The antibacterial properties present in wheatgrass juice fights tooth decay and remove the toxins from the mouth. Either you can drink a glass of wheatgrass juice or you can simply chew wheatgrass.
Tips to Prevent Teeth Sensitivity
- Maintain good oral hygiene.
- Try to use dental products that contain fluoride.
- Use a toothbrush with soft bristles.
- Don’t eat acidic foods and drinks.
- Try to wear a mouth guard.
- Don’t grind your teeth. It can damage your enamel.
- Use toothpaste especially made for sensitive teeth.
- Make sure your brushing technique.
- Floss on a regular basis.