Shopping is one of the best stress busters. Buying your favourite pair of shoes gives you immense happiness. But sometimes this happiness turns into melancholy when you get shoe bites or blisters from the new pair of your shoes. Here are some home remedies for shoe bites. Read this article thoroughly to know about home remedies for shoe bites treatment.
Shoe bites occur due to the friction caused between the tight shoes and the skin which rub against each other and thus leads to inflammation or swelling followed by redness and pain. These generally hurt while walking and standing. This problem is very common among women since they wear tight shoes as compared to men. So as to prevent it, the first step is to avoid the tight and uncomfortable shoes that trigger the problem.
Symptoms of Shoe Bites:
- Swelling and redness
- Uncomfortable to walk or stand with that pair of shoes
Home Remedies for Shoe Bites Treatment:
Home remedies are good and effective to reduce pain, swelling and scarring. And, we are going to discuss some of them. Home remedies for shoe bites are:
1.) Potato Juice for Shoe Bites Treatment
Potato juice is an effective method to get rid of shoe bites. Potato juice gives a positive effect on your skin. It is used to heal skin related conditions such as cuts and burns. It is also used to reduce scars and inflammation.
Steps to Use Potato Juice to Treat Shoe Bites Fast:
- Take a potato and cut it into slices.
- Simply rub the fresh piece of potato over the heel of the foot. Thus, it gives an instant relief from shoe bite.
2.) Olive Oil to Treat Shoe Bites Naturally
Olive oil is also an effective method to get rid of shoe bite. Olive oil has soothing and healing properties due to which you can treat shoe bites easily.
Steps to Use Olive Oil to Get Rid of Shoe Bites Fast:
- Take a tsp of olive oil and slightly heat it.
- Massage with this warm olive oil on the affected area clockwise and anti-clockwise for better results. Repeat it daily until you get positive results.
3.) Coconut Oil to Cure Shoe Bites Fast & Naturally
Coconut oil is one of the effective home remedies for shoe bites due to its anti-inflammatory and moisturizing properties.
Steps to Use Coconut Oil to Prevent Shoe Bites Fast:
- Heat the oil and apply the warm oil to the affected area. This helps to get rid of pain instantly and shoe bites simultaneously. Coconut oil can be used before bedtime to prevent the shoe bite.
- Coconut oil can also be used by mixing it with one teaspoon of camphor. Apply it on the affected area thrice daily for few days.
- It also helps to lighten the shoe bite scars.
4.) Honey for Shoe Bites Treatment
Using raw honey on the shoe bite heals it quickly and lessens the pain. It also helps to lighten the scar. Honey can also be used with sesame oil for effective results.
Steps to Use Honey to Get Relief from Shoe Bites:
- Combine equal amounts of organic honey and sesame oil.
- Dab it with a cotton ball on the affected area. Let it dry and then wash it off with warm water.
- Repeat it 2 times daily until you get the best results.
- You can also apply honey directly to the affected area 3 times a day.
5.) Rice Flour for Shoe Bites Treatment
The best way to remove shoe bite scar is rice flour. It acts as a homemade exfoliating scrub to remove dead skin cells.
Steps to Use Rice flour to Treat Shoe Bites Fast:
- Make a thick paste by adding 2 tbsp of rice flour with enough water.
- Apply this paste on the scars of shoe bites.
- After 15 minutes, wash your feet with lukewarm water.
- Do it 2 to 3 times a week until the scar is removed.
6.) Milk Cream to Get Rid of Shoe Bites Fast
Milk cream is a mixture of both butter and pure milk. It is a natural moisturizing agent which helps to heal shoe bites quickly.
Steps to Use Milk Cream to Cure Shoe Bites Naturally:
- Mix one tablespoon of fresh milk with one spoon of butter and apply it on the foot.
- Leave it for ten minutes and then wash it off.
- Milk and butter both are of the smooth texture and thus helps in healing the shoe bites faster.
7.) Turmeric and Indian Lilac to Treat Shoe Bites Naturally
Turmeric and Indian lilac is a good remedy as they contain antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory properties that help to treat pain, itching and inflammation.
Steps to Use Turmeric & Indian Lilac to Prevent Shoe Bites:
- Take some fresh Indian lilac leaves.
- Blend these leaves along with 1 tbsp of turmeric and a little water to make a paste.
- Then apply it to the shoe bite. After 20 minutes rinse it off with warm water. Repeat it for some days.
8.) Alcohol for Shoe Bites Treatment
Shoe bites can also be cured with rubbing alcohol as it contains antiseptic properties. It helps to give you relief from the pain and irritation.
Steps to Use Alcohol to Heal Shoe Bite Fast:
- Take a cotton ball and dab it in a small amount of rubbing alcohol.
- Rub it on the shoe bite and leave it for some time. Do it several times for 2 to 3 days.
9 .) Aloe Vera to Cure Shoe Bites Naturally
Aloe Vera is famous for its healing and anti-inflammatory properties. It helps to reduce burning sensation, pain and inflammation from a shoe bite.
Steps to Use Aloe Vera for Shoe Bites Treatment:
- Take a small piece of aloe vera, peel it off and extract juice from it.
- Then apply this juice on the affected area.
- Keep it for some time and then wash it off with lukewarm water.
- Aloe Vera gels are also available in the market, they can also be used.
10.) Ice to Get Rid of Shoe Bites Fast
Ice are found in every home and considered as the best remedy for shoe bite. Ice give relief from pain and inflammation.
Steps to Use Ice to Avoid Shoe Bites Fast:
- Take a washcloth and wrap some ice cubes in it. Then put it on the affected area for at least 10 minutes.
- You can apply ice cubes directly on the shoe bite which gives instant relief in the pain and also reduces the swelling caused by shoe bite.
- You can also use ice pack which is available in the market.
Tips to Prevent Shoe Bites:
- Check closely while buying the shoes such as material quality, the weight of the shoe and the shoe edges.
- Wear always good quality stockings, bellies and other peep toes to prevent shoe bites.
- Before putting on a new pair of shoes, apply some petroleum jelly on your foot.
- Apply olive oil, coconut oil or castor oil inside your shoes for three consecutive nights to soften the shoes.
- It is necessary to try on shoes before purchasing them. Wear the shoes and walk for a few minutes to check the comfort level.
- Don’t buy too tight and too loose shoes.