This article deals with home remedies for sleep disorder. Having proper sleep is essential for your overall health. But due to some reasons you experience trouble sleeping like illness or pain, stress, change in location, medicinal effects or some other factors. But if you are suffering from trouble sleeping on a regular basis, then it may be some kind of sleep disorder. To get rid of this problem, home remedies for sleep disorder are the best way instead of taking medicine. Sleep disorder is a problem which is caused by the disturbance of sleep. Disturbance of sleep includes insomnia (a hard time to fall asleep), waking up during the night, breathing problem during sleep, prickly sensation in the legs and snoring. Sleep disorder makes your day more difficult due to feeling tired, lethargic and irritable.
Symptoms of Sleep Disorder:
- Feeling sleepy in a day time.
- Lack of concentration
- Low memory power
- Mind does not work properly.
- Mood swings
Causes of Sleep Disorder:
- Sleep disorder caused by the chronic illness like arthritis, diabetes, lupus, HIV/AIDS etc.
- Unwanted stress may cause the problem to sleep and your health as well.
- The hormonal changes in women can also affect a quality of sleep.
- Some other causes of sleep disorder are allergies, cold, sleep apnea, teeth grinding, snoring and nightmares.
Best Home Remedies for Sleep Disorder:
You can enjoy your day if you sleep better at night. But it can be possible by following these home remedies for sleep disorder.
1.) Valerian for Sleep Disorder Fast
Valerian is one of the best home remedies for sleep disorders. Due to its muscle relaxing and sedative properties, it helps to promote deep sleep and induce relaxation.
Steps to Use Valerian to Treat Sleep Disorder Naturally:
- Heat a cup of water and add 1 tsp of dried valerian root in it. Steep and cover it for 15 minutes.
- Strain this solution and add some honey. Then drink it slowly. Drink this tea daily before bedtime to enjoy a good sleep.
2.) Lavender Oil for Sleep Disorder Treatment
The aromatic scent of lavender oil gives a calming effect to your body to sleep better. Researchers said lavender oil increases total sleep time and also it helps to feel refreshed in the morning.
Steps to Use Lavender Oil to Get Rid of Sleep Disorder Naturally:
- Take a handkerchief and put one to two drops of lavender essential oil in it.
- Then place it nearby your pillow while you are sleeping.
- An alternate method, add some drops of lavender oil in a bath tub which is filled with warm water.
- Take a bath with this warm water. Do this, at least, one hour before bedtime.
3.) Warm Milk for Sleep Better at Night
Drinking a glass of warm milk will help you to enjoy sleep as it gives a relaxing effect on your mind and body. Milk is rich in calcium, which helps to control melatonin production. Melatonin is the hormone which controls sleep.
Steps to Use Milk to Treat Sleep Disorder Fast:
- Take a glass of warm milk and add one-quarter tsp of cinnamon powder and a little honey in it.
- Drink it daily before bedtime.
4.) Chamomile for Sleep Disorder Treatment
Chamomile is one of the best home remedies for treating sleep disorder. Being a mild tranquilizer and sleep inducer chamomile help you to sleep better at night.
Steps to Use Chamomile to Treat Sleep Disorder Naturally:
- Heat a cup of water and add 2 to 3 tsp of dried chamomile in it. Steep it for 3 to 5 minutes.
- You can add a pinch of cinnamon powder and 1 tsp of honey on it. Drink this tea daily one hour before bedtime.
5.) Epsom Salt Bath for Sleep Disorder Treatment
The best option to enjoy sound sleep is Epsom salt bath. Epsom salt contains magnesium sulfate which helps soothe sore muscles and relax the nerves for better sleep.
Steps to Use Epsom Salt for Sleeping Problems:
- By adding one-half cup of Epsom salt in warm bath water, soak in this for 20 minutes.
- Do this a few times a week before bedtime.
6.) Oil Massage for Sleep Disorder Treatment
Massaging with warm oil is one of the best home remedies for sleep disorder and can help you sleep better. Use coconut oil or mustard oil to relax the nerves and improves blood circulation to help you sleep well.
Steps to Use Oil to Get Rid of Sleep Disorder Fast:
- You just need to do is heat slightly some coconut oil or mustard oil.
- Massage your body parts with this oil in a circular motion for 5 to 10 minutes. Massage your body daily before bedtime.
7.) Banana to Treat Sleep Apnea
- Bananas act as a natural sleep aid as it contains an amino acid known as tryptophan that helps to increase serotonin levels.
- Serotonin is a kind of hormone that control sleep patterns.
- Bananas also contain carbohydrate, potassium, magnesium and muscle relaxants that help to sleep well.
- Eat one banana daily, one hour before going to bed.
- You can also prepare a banana shake by adding milk and banana.
8.) Tart Cherry to Get Rid of Sleep Apnea Naturally
- Drinking tart cherry juice helps to increase sleep time as it contains melatonin which regulates the sleep.
- So prepare a cup of tart cherry juice and drink it daily before bedtime.
- You can also eat tart cherries instead of having juice.
9.) Lemon Balm to Get Rid of Insomnia
Lemon balm is well known for relieving anxiety and calming the nerves which help promote better sleep.
Steps to Use Lemon to Get Better Sleep Fast:
- Prepare a tea by mixing 1 tsp of dried lemon balm in 1 cup of hot water.
- Allow it to steep for 5 to 10 minutes and then strain this tea.
- Drink this tea daily for a few weeks. But it should be one hour before bedtime for better sleep.
- You can also use lemon balm extract to get better sleep.
10.) Almonds for Better Sleep
Almonds contain magnesium and supplying proteins that can help to sleep, muscle relaxation and maintain a blood sugar levels while sleeping.
Steps to Use Almonds to Treat Sleep Disorder:
- Chew some dry roasted almonds one hour before going to bed.
- You can also use almond butter on a piece of toast with a glass of warm milk before bedtime.
- Avoid smoking
- Don’t drink excess water in the evening.
- Don’t eat heavy and spicy foods in dinner.
- Maintain a regular sleeping schedule.
- Close your eyes and take a deep breath for ten minutes to clear your mind before bedtime.
- Do some stretching exercises or yoga before bedtime.
- You can also take calcium and magnesium supplements after consulting a doctor.
- Take necessary steps to decrease anxiety and stress.
- Avoid caffeine intake and drinking in excess.