This article is about home remedies for smooth and shiny hair. Hair is a natural asset with which every girl is gifted. However, it’s up to us how we maintain it. In this, fast-pace-life we hardly find time for ourselves and thus our skin and hair are ignored. Many of us envy others for having smooth, shiny and beautiful skin and hair and thus spend dollars in a parlor to get silky, long and lustrous hair. Nevertheless the lifespan of parlor products last short and again we find our self-trapped in the same problem. To avoid this problem and save money, it’s better to follow grand ma’s tips and go natural. Read more, to know about home remedies for smooth and shiny hair
Causes of Dull Hair:
- Lack of care
- Nutritional Deficiency
- Chemical products
- Over-exposure to sunlight
- Lack of water intake
- Regular hair styling
- Use of chemical products
Household Remedies for Smooth and Shiny Hair:
1.) Aloe-Vera for Smooth and Shiny Hair
Aloe-Vera gel has a moisturizing property which locks in the hair shafts and keeps the dryness at the bay. Moreover, it is packed with the antioxidants, vitamins and minerals which help to keep hair lustrous and smooth. Also, it can be used as anti- dandruff hair mask. Because of all these features, Alo-Vera is a perfect candidate in the list of the home remedies for smooth and shiny hair.
How to Use Aloe-Vera for Smooth and Shiny Hair?
- In a bowl mix 4 spoons of Aloe-Vera gel, 3 tablespoons of yogurt and 2 tablespoons of coconut oil.
- Apply this paste on the hair and after 30 minutes rinse it with lukewarm water.
- Alternatively, prepare a thick paste of hibiscus flowers. Mix the paste with one tablespoon of olive oil and 1 and a half cup of Aloe-Vera gel.
- Apply this mixture on the damp hair and wash your hair after 30 minutes.
- If you are unable to follow any of the above remedies then simply apply Aloe-Vera gel on hair. Leave it for an hour and then wash it off.
- You can also mix Aloe-Vera gel in your hair oil and apply it.
- Aloe-Vera juice is equally beneficial.
2.) Honey for Smooth and Shiny Hair
Honey is a natural humectant and therefore, it retains the natural moisturizer of the hair. It giving you soft and shiny tresses. Moreover, it is anti-inflammatory thus you can use it to treat dandruff, split ends and other hair related problems as well.
How to Use Honey for Smooth and Shiny Hair?
- In a bowl add 2 tablespoons of honey and 2 cups of lukewarm water. Mix them thoroughly.
- Pour the mixture into the spray bottle
- Shampoo your hair and rinse them with clean running water.
- Then spray the solution of honey over your strands and gently massage it into the scalp and hair for 5 minutes.
- After 15 minutes rinse your hair with warm water.
- Alternatively, mix raw and fresh honey in your conditioner.
- For shiny and lustrous locks use this mixture once in a week.
3.) Mayonnaise for Smooth and Shiny Hair
Yes, you heard it right mayonnaise! We all love mayonnaise sandwich. But do you know the same mayonnaise can help you to get smooth and shiny locks? Mayonnaise contains a bundle of antioxidants, proteins and an amino-acids that make hair strong, soft, shiny and healthy.
How to Use Mayonnaise for Smooth and Shiny Hair?
- Wash your hair and apply full-fat mayonnaise on your hair. The amount of mayonnaise depends on the length of your hair.
- After applying the mayonnaise, cover your hair with shower cap and leave it for 30-40 minutes.
- After the given time wash your hair with the mild shampoo and cold water.
- For wonderful locks try this treatment once in a week.
4.) Gelatin for Smooth and Shiny Hair
For soft, shiny and smooth hair apply gelatin on your damp hair. Gelatin is filled with hydrolyzed protein, that treats the damaged hair.
How to Use Gelatin for Smooth and Shiny Hair?
- In a cup of warm water add a tablespoon of gelatin.
- Keep stirring the solution until gelatin is completely dissolved in the water.
- Add a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar and a few drops of lavender oil in the solution and mix it properly.
- Apply this solution to treat your damaged hair and scalp.
- After 10 minutes rinse your hair with lukewarm water.
5.) Yogurt for Smooth and Shiny Hair
Yogurt work as a natural conditioner. It makes your hair smooth, shiny and soft like never before. Also, it contains lactic acid which has antibacterial and anti-fungal properties which keep hair scalp clean and healthy.
How to Use Yogurt for Smooth and Shiny Hair?
- With a wide tooth comb, brush your hair properly.
- Then apply the plain yogurt on the hair and spread it evenly on the entire head.
- Cover your hair with shower cam and after 30 minutes rinse them with lukewarm water. followed by shampoo and conditioner.
6.) Apple Cider Vinegar for Smooth and Shiny Hair
Apple cider vinegar also works as a natural conditioner. It gives you soft, shiny and moisturized locks which every girl desire for. ACV is a perfect home remedy for treating dandruff, frizzy hair, and itchy scalp which damages the hair. Apple cider vinegar adds life to dull and lifeless hair.
How to Use Apple Cider Vinegar for Smooth and Shiny Hair?
- In a bowl mix ACV and water.
- Shampoo your hair and rinse them with the running water.
- After rinsing apply this solution of ACV on your hair and gently massage the scalp.
- Leave it on for 5-8 minutes and then rinse your hair with cold water
- You can also use a mixture of lemon juice, ACV and water on the hair alternatively after the shampoo.
7.) Eggs For Complete Nourishment
Egg provide a complete nourishment to your hair. The egg is packed with the abundance of lecithin, proteins and fatty acids which repair the damaged hair. Also, it adds shine and keeps the moisture intact. For strong and thick hair apply eggs once in a week.
How to Use Eggs for Smooth and Shiny Hair?
- In a bowl mix a tablespoon of olive oil, honey and egg white.
- Mix all the ingredients thoroughly to get a smooth paste.
- Apply this mixture on your hair and cover your hair with a shower cap.
- Leave it for 30 minutes and then rinse your hair with mild or herbal shampoo and clean water.
- Alternatively, beat 2 eggs and add 2 tablespoons of almond oil, one-half cup of yogurt into it.
- Stir the ingredients until you get a foamy mixture.
- Apply the mixture on hair and wash them after 30 minutes with the mild shampoo.
- P.S- avoid warm water.
8.) Coconut Oil for Lustrous Locks
This is the one remedy which every grandma ask to follow as coconut oil is packed with the bundle of nutrients that gives healthy hair and scalp. Organic or refined coconut oil keeps the locks hydrated which give way to smooth and shiny hair.
How to Use Coconut Oil for Smooth and Shiny Hair?
- Regularly massage your hair and scalp with warm coconut oil. Make sure you cover every root and every hair strand.
- After oiling cover your hair with shower cap and wash your hair with mild shampoo after 30 minutes. And yes, do not forget to apply conditioner after the shampoo!
- Or, add 3-5 curry leaves in the coconut oil and let it warm until the leaves turn red.
- Gently massage the oil into hair and scalp and cover your hair with the warm towel. It will help the hair to absorb the moisturizer.
- Leave it on for 30 minutes and then wash your hair with mild or herbal shampoo.
- Repeat this remedy 1-2 times in a week.
9.) Beer for Smooth and Shiny Hair
Yes, beer! Well, your grandma must not have suggested using this. But yes, it is one of the important remedies to get shiny and smooth locks. The protein present in the beer repairs your damaged hair and nourishes them from the roots. Nourished roots obviously give way to shiny, lustrous and smooth strands.
How to Use Beer for Smooth and Shiny Hair?
- Shampoo your hair and then apply beer on scalp and hair.
- Make sure all roots and tips are covered with the beer.
- Then gently massage your scalp and hair in circular motion.
- Leave it for 5-6 minutes then wash your hair with mild shampoo and water.
10.) Avocado Smooth and Shiny Hair
Eat 1 avocado daily and apply mashed avocado on your hair once in a week for smooth, shiny and healthy locks. It maintains the natural moisture of the scalp and wipes out the dryness.
How to Use Avocado for Smooth and Shiny Hair?
- Mash 1 avocado and mix 2 tablespoons of extra-virgin-olive-oil in it.
- Apply this healthy hair mask on hair covering all roots and tips.
- Cover your hair with shower cap and leave it for 30 minutes then wash your hair with mild shampoo and transparent water.
- Alternatively, mash one ripe banana and avocado, add one and a half tablespoon of almond oil in it.
- Mix all the ingredients thoroughly and apply this hair mask on the hair and scalp.
- Cover it with a shower cap and rinse your hair with lukewarm water after 30 minutes.
- And follow the treatment with shampoo and conditioner.