We can find the tip of the hair is divided into 2 or more this is is known as split ends. Hair is the most important adornment of a human body, which enhances the look of human being. Nobody wants to Imagine himself or herself without hair. Split ends are the result of excessive heat, stress, and dryness. We have some the best home remedies for split ends, which will save your pocket to spend a lot at a salon or to dermatologist. You will need not to go market to gather them. Just open your refrigerator and kitchen cupboard, and you will definitely find all things required for home remedies for split ends. Lack of proper nourishment and moisture is also the reason behind this problem, especially for those with long hair. It also fights almost every day with pollution, sun, dust, wind. Some problems are invited by our own, for example, use of curlers, straighteners, dryers, gels, serums and a variety of beauty products. These treatments, given to the hair, make it looks great on a specific occasion, but if used regularly it ruins the hair. This is why most women suffer with split ends.
Home Remedies For Split Ends Treatment:
1.) Cut them Off to Get Rid of Split Ends
The real solution you can try as a home remedies for split ends is take scissors and cut them off. Cutting down the split ends will really help to prevent the further hair damage. It will help you to have short but healthy hairs. Splits ends also make the tip of a hair dry. This is why hair looks ugly on the tips.
2.) Egg, Honey and Oil to Remove Split Ends
Eggs contain protein and essential fatty acids, which helps to treat split ends. It will also strengthen and make your hair smooth, reduce tangles. Hairs are made up of protein, and eggs are full with protein, this will help to nourish the outer layer of the hair. This is most effective and best home remedy for split ends.You can use an egg hair mask once a week on a regular basis.
- Firstly brush out your hair to prevent tangles.
- Whisk an egg in a bowl, mix it with a spoon of honey and add a few drops of olive oil.
- Blend it with the help of a blender to make a smooth paste.
- Apply this mask on your hair and rinse it off after 1 hour.
3.) Hot Oil Massage to Get Rid of Split Ends
Deep conditioning with hot oils, restore moisture, which helps control split ends. For healthy hair, regularly deep condition the hairs with moisturizing oils. Hair oiling is the best known home remedy for split ends or any other hair problem.
- Heat olive oil, coconut oil, almond oil, or castor oil for about 20 seconds.
- Give a massage into your hair and scalp.
- Leave it on for at least 45 minutes or overnight.
- Repeat at least twice a week.
4.) Banana to Remove Split Ends
It is rich in natural oils, vitamins A, C, and E, potassium, zinc, and iron, bananas help to restore the hair’s natural elasticity and minimize breakage. It also softens and moisturizes the hair and repair the damaged hairs. Banana can really help you to get rid of this problem, it is the best affordable home remedy for split ends
- Use ripe banana, plain yogurt, rose water and lemon juice
- Blend banana with 2 tbs of plain yoghurt, rose water and lemon juice.
- Apply this banana hair mask on the hair.
- Leave it for one hour and then wash it off.
- Repeat twice a week.
5.) Mayonnaise to Get Rid of Split Ends
It can help greatly as a home remedy for split ends. It nourishes the damaged hair very effectively and helps to get rid of split ends. It also makes the hairs shiny and soft.
- Wet your hair and wrap it in a dry towel.
- Apply the mayonnaise on the hair.
- Leave it for 1 hour and rinse it off
- Repeat this thrice a week
6.) Beer to Get Rid of Split Ends
Beer is the best home remedy for split ends because it helps to control split ends by supplying sugar and protein to the damaged hair. It also works as a conditioner which makes the hair shine and gives volume.
- Wash your hair with a shampoo.
- Pour some beer in a spray bottle.
- Spray it over the mid- and end-sections of the hair.
- Sit back and relax for two to three minutes.
- Do not rinse it out.
- Do this twice a week.
7.) Avocado to Avoid Split Ends
It has excellent property due to that it deep conditions the hair and make the hair shiny and split ends free. It is rich in protein and vitamin E, A and D that helps to nourish the hair effectively. It also helps to make the hair soft and grow.
- Mash one ripe avocado and mix it with two tablespoons of olive oil and coconut oil.
- Make a fine paste by blending it for a minute
- Apply this hair mask on your hair (do not apply to roots).
- Leave it for at least 30 minutes.
- Rinse it off and then shampoo your hair.
- Do this once a week.
8.) Honey to Get Rid of Split Ends
Honey alone is the very strong and effective home remedy for split ends. You can simply apply it with the help of a brush on your head. For best results add a few drops of olive oil.
9.) Rub Your Nails to Treat Split Ends
It is an exercise that helps to eradicate each and every problem of hair. Along with all the above home remedies for split ends include this home remedy for split free and good hairs.
Rub your right and nails with the left one in both ways for 2- 3 minutes every day.
10.) Take Healthy Diet to Remove Split Ends
Keep an eye on your foods. Intake food items that are rich in protein, vitamin E,A and D. Drink lots of water to cure hormonal problems. It also helps to make the hair shiny and smooth. Eat fruits and vegetables like apple, banana, avocado, almonds and dry fruits.
To Avoid Split Ends, Follow the Below Given Suggestions:
- Regular oiling keeps the hair nourish and avoid split ends.
- Drink water, it enhances the quality of hair.
- Do not use machines that heats up for hair like curler, straightener etc.
11.) Papaya to Get Rid of Split Ends
This is one of the best home remedies to get rid of split ends. The proteins present in papaya nourish the hair and treat split ends. It adds body and volume to the hair, makes the hair soft and shine and removes buildup. Check out the steps given below to reduce split ends.
- In a jar, add half a papaya. Make sure you peel it and remove the seeds.
- Add half cup of yogurt in the same jar and then blend both these ingredients to get a smooth paste.
- Apply this papaya paste on your hair. Don’t leave a single hair shaft also.
- After 30 minutes, wash your hair with your regular shampoo.
- Repeat this remedy once a week for about 2 to 3 times in a month to notice the difference.
12.) Aloe Vera to Treat Split Ends
This is one of effective and safest home remedies to treat split ends. One of the reasons behind split ends in dry and damaged hair. Aloe Vera acts as a wonderful moisturizer for dry and damaged hair. It also prevents hair loss and encourages hair growth. Check out the steps given below to treat split ends.
- Cut the sides of an Aloe Vera leaf and scoop out the gel from it.
- Massage this Aloe Vera gel on your scalp and hair.
- Shampoo your hair after 30 to 40 minutes.
- You can even mix castor oil or jojoba oil in this gel to make it more effective.
- Repeat this treatment three times per week for a few months to reduce split ends.
- Alternatively, use a shampoo containing Aloe Vera extracts.
13.) Cocoa Butter to Get Rid of Split Ends
This is one of the excellent home remedies to get rid of split ends. It is a perfect remedy to get silky and smooth hair. The high content of fatty acids in cocoa butter helps to treat dry and damaged hair thus reducing the split ends. The best thing is that cocoa butter is easily available and is not costly. Check out the steps given below to reduce split ends.
- Take a small amount of cocoa butter in your palm and massage it on your hair.
- Massage it gently for a couple of minutes and then shampoo your hair after the next 15 minutes.
- Alternatively, in 8 ounces of cocoa butter, add 2 ounces of jojoba oil and 1 ounce of sesame oil to make a paste. Mix the ingredients well and wait till the paste gets thick. Wet your hair and apply this paste on your hair shafts and especially the affected parts. After 15 to 20 minutes, shampoo your hair normally. You can even use this paste as a conditioner after using the shampoo.
14.) Yogurt to Reduce Split Ends
This is one of the amazing home remedies to reduce split ends. Yogurt not only provides strength and energy to the body but is also good for the hair. The lactic acid and fatty acids present in yogurt cleanse the scalp and moisturizes dry and damaged hair which is one of the main reasons behind split ends. Check out the steps given below to treat split ends.
- Take plain yogurt in a bowl.
- Apply this yogurt directly on the split ends.
- Let it stay on the hair shafts for the next 15 to 30 minutes.
- Wash your hair with a mild shampoo.
- You can even mix egg with yogurt to hydrate your hair. Repeat this remedy once every week to get best results.
15.) Olive Oil to Get Rid of Split Ends
This is one of the best oils to get rid of split ends. It not only combats split ends but also encourages hair growth. The antioxidants and nutrients in olive oil makes it an effective and popular treatment for split ends. You can even combine olive oil with other ingredients to make a recipe to treat damaged hair. The high amount of fatty acids and vitamin E in olive oil seal the cuticle and nourishes the hair. It strengthens and brightens the hair. Check out the steps given below to reduce split ends.
- In one fourth cup of olive oil, mix half a cup of honey.
- Heat both these ingredients together.
- Make sure it cools a little and then apply this consistency on the hair shafts.
- After 30 minutes, wash your hair with warm water and your regular shampoo.
- Repeat this treatment two times in a week to combat split ends.
- In a clean bowl, pour enough amount of olive oil.
- Gently, warm it up in a microwave.
- Massage it on your damaged hair properly.
- Now, gently wrap your hair in a clean towel. Either you can open your hair in 30 minutes or leave it overnight.
- Shampoo and condition your hair as usual. Make sure you use mild products.
- Repeat this process atleast once every week to treat split ends.
16.) Jojoba Oil to Combat Split Ends
This is one of the most effective home remedies to combat split ends. The hydrating properties of jojoba oil nourish the hair thus reducing split ends and encourage hair growth. It makes the hair healthier and shinier. Check out the steps given below to treat split ends.
- Mix a few drops of jojoba oil in your regular shampoo.
- Now, shampoo your hair.
- Wash your hair with this shampoo 2 to 3 times in a week.
- Once you get the positive results, reduce the application of this shampoo to weekly.
- Alternatively, massage raw jojoba oil on your scalp and hair shafts. Especially, massage this oil on the split ends. Apply this oil on a regular basis to get stronger and smoother hair.
17.) Lavender Oil to Get Rid of Split Ends
This is one of the excellent essential oils to get rid of split ends. The emollient properties of lavender essential oil make it a perfect choice for curing damaged hair and combating split ends. It balances the oil level on the scalp and conditions it deeply. The antibacterial, anti-inflammatory and antiseptic properties of lavender oil helps in treating problems like split ends and dandruff and promotes hair growth. Check out the steps given below to reduce split ends.
- Mix 2 to 3 drops of lavender oil in lightly warm olive oil.
- Massage this hot oil on your scalp and hair shafts.
- Apply this mixture of oil every twice or thrice a week to get positive results.
- Alternatively, mix lavender oil with either rosemary oil, sage oil to make it effective for damaged hair. Shampoo and condition your hair normally. Now, massage this prepared oil on your hair. Wash your hair with normal water after 30 minutes.
18.) Apple Cider Vinegar to Reduce Split Ends
This is one of the wonderful remedies to reduce split ends. This must have stuff in every kitchen is one of the perfect remedies for split ends. Apple cider vinegar cleanse the hair shafts and recovers the damaged cuticle. It balances the pH level of the scalp and helps to get rid of itchy scalp. Check out the steps given below to combat split ends.
- In a cup of apple cider vinegar, mix sufficient amount of water.
- Shampoo and condition your hair normally.
- Wash your hair with this apple cider vinegar.
- Massage your hair gently for a couple of minutes.
- Leave it for a few minutes.
- Wash your hair with normal water and then dry your hair with a towel.