After writing how to get rid of sunburn?, how to get rid of stretch marks?, how to get clear skin?, and how to get fair skin fast permanently?, we are now writing the ways to stop peeling skin from sunburn and its treatment. There are a number of skin related problems depending on the type of skin. Some problems are associated with oily skin type such as acne, blackheads, whiteheads etc. Similarly, some others problems are linked to dry skin type and the most prominent problem is skin peeling from sunburn. If you are facing skin peeling from sunburn then this article will help you to stop peeling skin from sunburn. We have shared some amazing home remedies to stop skin peeling, which is very beneficial for your skin.
What is Skin Peeling?
Skin peeling is the loss of the uppermost layer of the skin that is the epidermis. The reason behind the loss of the uppermost layer of your skin is exposed to the sun and the UV rays for prolonged periods of time. It is caused by itching, dryness, rash and other irritating skin problems. At regular intervals, the outer layer is replaced with new skin and also your dead skin starts to peel off. This is the natural part of the healing process. In some cases, there may be excessive peeling on the fingers, face and other parts of the body. Peeling of skin is not a serious problem and can go on its own but there are some home remedies that will help you to stop peeling skin from sunburn and dryness.
Home Remedies To Stop Peeling Skin From Sunburn:
- Home Remedies To Stop Peeling Skin From Sunburn:
- 1.) Yogurt With Honey Is Very Useful
- 2.) Take The Help From Mint
- 3.) Apply The Honey
- 4.) Use The Cucumber
- 5.) Lemon and Sugar Scrub
- 6.) Use The Milk Effectively
- 7.) Make The Oatmeal Bath
- 8.) Apply The Aloe Vera Gel
- 9.) Olive Oil Will Help
- 10.) Use The Coconut Oil
- 11.) Use The Teabags
- 12.) Fruits Will Help
- 13.) Massage Your Skin With Oil
- 14.) Use The Sunscreen
- 15.) Baking Soda to Get Rid of Peeling Skin
- 16.) Apple Cider Vinegar to Treat Sunburn
- 17.) Cool Compress to Get Rid of Peeling Skin
- 18.) Potato Peels to Get Rid of Peeling Skin
- 19.) Lemon Juice, Cucumber, Rose Water to Treat Peeling Skin
- 20.) Cornstarch to Get Rid of Peeling Skin
- 21.) Papaya and Honey Pack to Get Rid of Peeling Skin
- 22.) Tomato to Treat Sunburn
1.) Yogurt With Honey Is Very Useful
Yogurt is the best home remedy to stop skin peeling from sunburn because it contains enzymes, minerals, acids and trace elements. It also works as a deep moisturizer for the dry skin. It is the best treatment method to revive your skin. Mix 2 tablespoons of yogurt and 2 tablespoons of honey to make a fine paste. Apply this mixture gently on the affected skin. Let it dry on its own. Then wash it off with warm water. For an alternate method, prepare a mixture by adding the pulp of half-ripe banana and 2 tablespoons of yogurt. Apply this paste to the affected skin and leave it for 15-20 minutes and then rinse it off with lukewarm water. You can choose one of these remedies and do it 2 times a day to stop skin peeling from sunburn.
2.) Take The Help From Mint
Mint is a herb, which is very beneficial to stop skin peeling from sunburn. Due to soothing effect of mint, it helps to moisturize the skin and keep it rejuvenated and also lighten your skin. Take some fresh mint leaves and squeeze the juice from these leaves. Before going to bed, apply this mint juice on the affected skin. In the morning, wash your skin with lukewarm water. Use a towel to dry your face. Then apply a light moisturizer. Repeat this treatment daily until your peeling skin looks healthy. You can also make the paste of mint leaves and apply the paste in stead of juice.
3.) Apply The Honey
Honey is one of the best home remedies for peeling skin treatment. It can help to refresh your peeling skin. Honey acts as a great natural skin moisturizer as it contains oil, water, fructose, and enzymes. It works best for dry skin and also reduces irritation and itchiness associated with peeling skin. Read here the other benefits of honey.
Take a little honey and rub it on your affected area. Keep it for 10 to 20 minutes. Then rinse it off with lukewarm water. Combine together 1 teaspoon of honey, sandalwood powder, and turmeric powder. Apply this paste on your peeled skin. Let it dry for half an hour, then wash it off with lukewarm water. Repeat either of these remedies 2 to 3 times daily for one week to make your skin healthy.
4.) Use The Cucumber
Cucumber contains lots of water and also it is a natural astringent, which is helpful for keeping your skin hydrated. Due to its cooling effect, it helps to remove itching and irritation. It will help to reduce sunburn and facilitate skin repair due to the presence of vitamin C in cucumber. Cucumber is best to get great looking skin.
Take one cucumber and grate it well to make a paste. Apply it on the peeled skin. Keep it for 15 to 20 minutes. Then use warm water to wash it off. To maintain skin moisture do this procedure twice daily for 2 weeks. An alternate method, add one peeled cucumber in 2 tablespoons of aloe Vera gel. Blend it to make a smooth paste. Apply this paste on the peeled skin. Keep it for 10 minutes, then wash it off with warm water. Do it once to get relief from the peeling skin.
5.) Lemon and Sugar Scrub
Lemon is one of the best natural remedies to stop peeling skin. It is a strong astringent, as it has the ability to dissolve dead skin cells and help to eliminate peeling. Due to its soothing and peeling properties, it is good for your skin. When you use lemon with sugar it works as a good natural scrub for your skin. Lemon and lemon water, both are great for healthy skin. Combine one-half cup of sugar, half teaspoon of lemon juice and one teaspoon of honey and olive oil. Apply this solution on your affected skin and rub it in circular motions for some time. Wash it off with cold water. Repeat this remedy twice a week until you get rid of your affected skin.
6.) Use The Milk Effectively
Milk is very effective and beneficial for dealing with peeling skin. It contains protein, which gives a soothing effect and the lactic acid will help to avoid itching as well as irritation. It is also very helpful in glowing skin naturally. Take a washcloth and soak it in an ice-cold whole milk and squeeze out the excess milk. Place this washcloth on the affected skin for ten minutes. Use clean water to wash your skin. Follow the process 2 to 3 times daily until you get a healthy skin. The second method, add 2 tablespoons of whole milk in one teaspoon of honey. Massage gently on the affected skin with this mixture. Keep it for 10 minutes and then rinse it off with warm water. Repeat this twice daily for at least one week.
7.) Make The Oatmeal Bath
Oatmeal is very beneficial in reducing the irritation and itching, which is associated with peeling skin. Due to having soothing properties, it helps to moisturize the skin. In a bath tub, which is filled with warm water add one cup of oatmeal into it. Soak your affected area in this soothing bath water for half an hour. Wash your body with clean water. Use a towel to dry your body. After then, apply moisturizer to your body. Repeat this remedy daily before going to bed until you get a healthy skin. Read article on how to make an oatmeal bath?
8.) Apply The Aloe Vera Gel
Aloe-vera has moisturizing and soothing properties that can help to stop peeling skin. It also reduces itching, irritation, and inflammation. Aloe vera and aloe vera juice both are beneficial for skin. Combine 2 tablespoons of fresh aloe vera gel and a little Vitamin E oil. Apply this solution on the affected area. Let it dry on its own and wash it off with warm water. Repeat this remedy 2 to 3 times daily for a week.
9.) Olive Oil Will Help
Olive oil acts as an excellent moisturizer for dry skin due to having skin-nourishing fatty acids. The oil helps in the coating and moisturizing the skin. Olive oil is rich in vitamin E, which is beneficial for your healthy skin. Take some extra virgin oil and warm it in a microwave. Gently massage with warm olive oil on the affected area so that the oil enters deep into the skin. Do this 3 times daily to get better results. The alternate method, to make a thick paste, combine 2 tablespoons of salt with enough olive oil. Apply this paste as a body scrub to exfoliate dead skin cells. Follow this 2 times a week until your skin heals properly. Read article on benefits of olive oil for skin.
10.) Use The Coconut Oil
To stop peeling skin, coconut oil is one of the best remedies. Due to having fatty acids, it acts as an excellent skin moisturizer. It also has an antioxidant property, which helps to reduce irritation and itching. Read here the top uses of coconut oil. Slightly heat some extra virgin oil in a microwave. Gently massage with this oil on the peeled skin so that the oil is absorbed by the skin. Do this simple remedy daily, for some days to stop skin peeling.
11.) Use The Teabags
As the tea contains tannic acids, catechins and theobromine, both are very much effective in repairing the damaged skin. When you applied the tea bag on peeling skin then these compound penetrate the skin and also activate the growth of new cells. You can use black tea or green tea as per availability. Take a tea bag and soaked the bag in warm water. Allow the water to cool down. Lay the tea bag on the affected area to stop peeling skin.
12.) Fruits Will Help
Fruits are very helpful in getting relief from the peeling skin. As some fruits have anthocyanin, pelargonidin, and cyanidin. These antioxidant properties, which are very helpful in fighting against toxic free radicals. These fruits also consist of enzymes, which are very effective in repairing the damaged protein of the skin. You can use these fruits like strawberry, banana, apple, cranberry, fig, pear and plum to stop skin peeling.
13.) Massage Your Skin With Oil
You can give massage to your skin with natural oil to stop peeling skin fast. You can use both germ oil and sesame oil, which contains the high level of vitamin E. As they have tocopherols and tocotrienols that hydrate the top layer of the skin. These oils can help you to repair your peeling skin faster. Before the massage, you need to wash the affected area with cool water. After cleaning the area, apply the sesame oil or wheat germ oil to the area. Wash the oil after 30 minutes.
14.) Use The Sunscreen
You can get rid of peeling skin by applying the sunscreen in every four to six hours. Sunscreen helps to protect your skin from UV rays as result your skin heals. Just apply the sunscreen 30 minutes before going outside so that your skin absorb it properly. Try to avoid direct sunlight in the noon, when the UV exposure is very high.
15.) Baking Soda to Get Rid of Peeling Skin
This is one of the best home remedies to get rid of peeling skin caused by sunburn. The alkaline nature of baking soda makes it an effective remedy for sunburn. It’s a very soothing treatment for peeling skin. It also contains antiseptic properties that give quick relief from the itching sensation caused by sunburn. Follow the procedure given below to treat peeling sunburn.
- In four tablespoons of baking soda, mix enough water to make a paste.
- Use a cotton ball to apply it on the affected areas of the skin.
- After 10 to 15 minutes, wash the area with tepid water.
- Repeat this remedy two times per day for several days to treat the condition.
- Alternatively, mix one cup of baking soda in cold water. Soak yourself in this water for about 15 to 20 minutes. Let the natural air dry the skin. Repeat this remedy daily until you get some positive results.
16.) Apple Cider Vinegar to Treat Sunburn
This is one of the most effective remedies to treat peeling skin caused by sunburn. Apple cider vinegar contains astringent properties that soothes the sunburn and encourages the healing process. The presence of acetic acid in apple cider vinegar gives instant relief from itching and inflammation. Follow the procedure given below to get rid of sunburn.
- Mix equal parts of cool water and apple cider vinegar.
- Dip paper towels in this liquid and keep it on the affected regions of the skin.
- Leave until the paper towels dry completely.
- Do this several times per day to improve your condition.
- Alternatively, fill your bathtub with lukewarm water and add in it one cup of apple cider vinegar. For half an hour soak your body in this water. Repeat this remedy on a daily basis to promote healing. This remedy balances the pH level of the skin.
Note: Don’t use apple cider vinegar if there are abrasions on the skin.
17.) Cool Compress to Get Rid of Peeling Skin
This is one of the best methods to get rid of peeling skin caused by sunburn. It reduces the pain and inflammation that is associated sunburn. When you use cool compress it constricts the tiny blood vessels which in turn minimizes inflammation. Make sure you don’t apply direct ice on the skin because it can damage it. Follow the procedure given below to treat peeling skin.
- Take a damp cloth and wrap some ice cubes in it.
- Hold this cloth against the affected regions of the skin
- Repeat this method several times a day to get rid of the discomfort caused by peeling skin.
18.) Potato Peels to Get Rid of Peeling Skin
This is one of the amazing remedies to get rid of peeling skin caused by sunburn. It is an effective remedy that reduces the dangers caused by sunburn. Potato contains starchy properties that absorbs heat from the skin and alleviates the pain caused by sunburn. Follow the procedure given below to get quick relief from the discomfort caused by peeling skin.
- Take a potato, peel it and mash it to make a paste.
- Rub this mashed potato on the affected regions of the skin.
- Let it stay on the peeled skin for about 10 minutes.
- Alternatively, apply the paste of a cold potato on the peeled skin and leave for some time. Repeat this method once every day to get desirable results.
19.) Lemon Juice, Cucumber, Rose Water to Treat Peeling Skin
This pack of 3 is amazing to treat peeling skin caused by sunburn. The ingredients used in this remedy are easily available. You can find it in your kitchen closet also. Lemon juice contains citric acid and vitamin C lightens the skin tone. The bleaching properties of cucumber minimize the redness caused by peeling skin caused by sunburn. The vitamin C in lemon juice neutralizes the damage that is caused by the free radicals. Rose water and cucumber soothes the blemished skin.
- In a bowl mix one tablespoon each of rose water and lemon juice.
- Add one tablespoon of cucumber juice in it.
- Use a cotton ball to apply this juice on the affected regions of the skin.
- Wash it using cool water once it dries completely.
- Apply this pack on a routine basis to ensure quick relief from problems associated with sunburn.
20.) Cornstarch to Get Rid of Peeling Skin
Cornstarch is one of the best remedies to get rid of peeling skin caused by sunburn. It is a traditional remedy used in most of the skin problems. It soothes the affected regions of the skin. Follow the procedure given below to ensure positive results.
For Small Areas
In two tablespoons of cornstarch mix enough amount of water to make a thick paste. Spread this paste all over the area with the help of your fingers.
For Large Areas
In two cups of water, add one cup of cornstarch to make a thin solution. Use a wet washcloth to apply this uniform mixture on the affected regions of the skin. Leave the cloth on the skin until it get dries completely.
21.) Papaya and Honey Pack to Get Rid of Peeling Skin
This is one of the most effective remedies to get rid of peeling skin caused by sunburn. The combination of these two ingredients will not only heal the sunburn but will do wonders for your skin. Follow the procedure given below to ensure desirable results.
- In half cup of papaya pulp, add one tablespoon of honey and mix it well.
- Apply this paste on the peeled skin and leave it for the next half an hour.
- Wash it off with plain water.
- Repeat this method daily until you get relief from peeling skin caused by sunburn.
22.) Tomato to Treat Sunburn
This is one of the wonderful home remedies to treat sunburn. The lycopene in tomato is a powerful antioxidant that treats the skin damage that has taken place in the lower layers of the skin. Tissue damage is basically done by free radicals. Follow the procedure given below to get rid of peeling skin caused by sunburn.
- Apply tomato pulp on the affected regions of the skin.
- Let it dry on the skin for the next few minutes.
- Wash your face with cool water.
- Repeat this remedy on a regular basis to get rid of peeling skin caused by sunburn.
Tips to Prevent Sunburn
- Apply a good quality sunscreen with a minimum SPF 15 to prevent sunburn. If you have sensitive skin, then use a SPF 50 and if you want to spend full day outside, then sunscreen with SPF 30 will be a good option.
- Don’t go out in the sun during peak hours. The sun rays are strongest during 10 a.m. and 4 p.m. to prevent peeling skin caused by sunburn.
- Protect your head and eyes from the sunrays. It is not only a stylish option but also prevent peeling skin caused by sunburn.
- Wear the right kind of clothes to prevent sunburn. Long sleeves and shirt are the best option.