This article is about home remedies to stop vomiting during pregnancy. Vomiting during pregnancy is a common symptom of the morning sickness. However, it has nothing to do with the morning. The women can feel like vomiting any time. You do not have to worry about it since vomiting and nausea are part of the healthy pregnancy. This problem is prevalent during the first 6-8 weeks of pregnancy. Although there is not a specific cause of this condition but it is believed that frequent vomiting and nausea occur due to the hormonal changes during the pregnancy. But if the problem is in access and you are irritated with frequent trips to washroom then follow some home remedies to stop vomiting during pregnancy.
Various Home Remedies to Stop Vomiting During Pregnancy:
1.) Peppermint Tea to Stop Vomiting During Pregnancy
Peppermint tea is quite effective for morning sickness. It also helps to aid upset stomach which is also common during pregnancy. Drink 2-3 cup of the peppermint tea until you get rid of the vomiting. However, too much consumption of peppermint may result from heartburn. So restricts its intake and use 100% pure peppermint leaves.
How to Make Peppermint Tea?
- In a glass of boiling water, add a teaspoon of pure peppermint leaves. Cover it and let it steep for a while. Strain it and add a teaspoon of honey to it and drink it.
- Drink this 1-2 times a day to cure the symptoms of the morning sickness.
- P.S- If you experience hurt burn than stop the intake of the peppermint tea.
2.) Salted Lemon Soda to Stop Vomiting During Pregnancy
During pregnancy, most of the women crave for citrus food. Most of them lick pickle or lime. To solve your problem, the best way is sip lemon soda. Lime is a good, source of Vitamin C that strengthens the immune system. It also reduces the cholesterol level. This remedy is best for the pregnant ladies who are affected by hypertension. The soda in it helps to dispel the gas which causes stomach problem.
How to Make a Lemon Soda?
- In a glass of soda squeeze lime juice, a pinch of salt and mix it thoroughly.
- Sip this drink whenever you have cravings or feel like vomiting.
3.) Red Raspberry Leaf Tea to Stop Vomiting During Pregnancy
Red raspberry leaf tea not only helps to get rid of the vomiting but also improves blood circulation and immune system as well. A good blood circulation is very necessary during pregnancy. Moreover, it helps to tone pelvic muscles and prepares the body for the childbirth. You can continue drinking the tea even during pregnancy since it is beneficial for breastfeeding also.
How to Make Red Raspberry Tea?
- In a glass of boiling water add a few leafs of red raspberry tea. Let it boil for a few minutes. Then leave it cool at room temperature. Strain it, mix honey in it and drink, drink, drink!
- During initial weeks of pregnancy only 1 cup of red raspberry tea is recommended. You can increase the intake in the later stage of pregnancy.
4.) Cumin to Stop Vomiting During Pregnancy
Cumin is the time and tested home remedy for treating vomiting during pregnancy. It helps to treat the morning sick and also keeps the digestion problem at bay.
How to Use Cumin Seeds to Control Vomiting During Pregnancy?
- Crush handful seeds of cumin and mix it in a glass of warm water.
- Drink it sip by sip to get rid of a sudden feeling of vomiting.
- Alternatively, boil a glass of water, add a pinch of nutmeg and a tablespoon of cumin seed to it. Let the mixture steep for a few minutes. Strain it and sip it.
- Another way of using cumin seeds is to mix half tablespoon of cumin seeds in a tablespoon of honey, add a pinch of cardamom powder in it and lick the mixture whenever you feel like vomiting.
5.) Eucalyptus Oil to Stop Vomiting During Pregnancy
Eucalyptus oil is another home remedy for treating the morning sickness. The scent itself will give you relief from the vomiting.
How to Use Eucalyptus Oil to Get Relief from Vomiting?
- In a handkerchief sprinkle a few drops of eucalyptus and smell it whenever you feel like vomiting.
- You can also spray it in your room. Or, can insert it in your room diffuser.
6.) Curry Leafs to Stop Vomiting During Pregnancy
Curry leafs are also beneficial during pregnancy. It not only helps you to get rid of the morning sickness symptoms but also helps to aid the digestion related problems.
How to Use Curry Leafs to Get Rid of Vomiting During Pregnancy?
- Crush a handful of curry leafs and add a few drops of water in it. Add a tablespoon of lime juice along with honey in it and drink it whenever you feel like vomiting.
- You can consume this mixture 3 times a day until the symptoms of the morning sickness subside.
7.) Mint to Stop Vomiting During Pregnancy
Mint tea can also help you to treat the vomiting during pregnancy. Eating fresh leaves of mint is the best remedy to cure symptoms of the vomiting.
How to Treat Vomiting During Pregnancy with Mint?
- In a boiling water add a few mint leafs. Steep it for 10 minutes and then leave it to cool at room temperature. Strain it and drink, drink, drink!
- Non-alcoholic mojito is best for such conditions.
8.) Cloves to Stop Vomiting During Pregnancy
Cloves are packed with the antiseptic and anesthetic properties. It helps in digestion, nausea and vomiting.
How to Use Cloves to Prevent Vomiting During Pregnancy?
- Chew 2-3 cloves after the meal.
- Alternatively, add cloves in your regular tea.
- Also, you can roast cloves powder and consume it at regular intervals.
9.) Fennel Seeds to Stop Vomiting During Pregnancy
Fennel seeds are also loaded with the anesthetic properties that help to relieve the symptoms of the morning sickness.
How to Use Fennel Seeds to Treat Vomiting During Pregnancy?
- Chew a handful of fennel seeds whenever you feel like vomiting.
- Also, smelling it will be equally beneficial.
10.) Warm Water to Stop Vomiting During Pregnancy
Sip a glass of lukewarm water whenever you feel uneasy. Make sure you consume plenty of water. Drink water before and after the meal. It speeds up digestion process and does not upset stomach.
P.S- Avoid spicy foods as it upsets the stomach.
11.) Curry Leaves to Stop Vomiting During Pregnancy
Curry leaves can also help you treat the morning of symptoms like vomiting and nausea. And when it is combined with honey and lemon juice it will show results.
How to Cure Vomiting During Pregnancy?
- Boil a glass of water and add a handful of curry leaves. Boil it until the color 0f eater changes green.
- Strain the solution and add lemon juice and honey it. Mix all the ingredients thoroughly and drink this whenever you feel like vomiting.
12.) Wood Apple to Stop Vomiting During Pregnancy
The wood apple juice is a wonderful remedy for constipation, nausea, and vomiting. It is one of the refreshing drink, especially in summers.
How to Drink Wood Apple Juice?
- In a bowl mix tablespoons of cooked rice and wood apple juice.
- Consume this mixture daily 2 times a day.