This article is about ways to stop vomiting. Vomiting is not a problem in itself. It’s the result of many problems. Feeling of vomiting can make you feel uncomfortable. The feeling of vomiting arises because the body wants to remove some toxic substance and thus it should not be suppressed. After vomiting, you feel good. It is a very common problem faced by people and there are many home remedies to cure the uneasiness of the moment when you feel like vomiting.
Causes of Vomiting:
As mentioned earlier, vomiting is not a disease, but it is an outcome of many problems. Here are the causes of vomiting:
- Early stages of pregnancy
- Food poisoning
- Excessive pain
- Emotional stress
- Infection to stomach
- Reaction to foul smell or fragrance
- Gallbladder problems
- Indigestion – alcohol or toxins
- Brain injury
- Brain tumour
Home Remedies to Stop Vomiting:
- Home Remedies to Stop Vomiting:
- 1.) Drink Water to Get Rid of Vomiting
- 2.) Ginger to Avoid Vomiting
- 3.) Mint to Stop Vomiting
- 4.) Clove to Get Rid of Vomiting
- 5.) White Rice Water to Avoid Vomiting
- 6.) Apple Cider Vinegar to Stop Vomiting
- 7.) Onion to Get Rid of Vomiting
- 8.) Fennel for Vomiting
- 9.) Cumin to Prevent Vomiting
- 10.) Crackers to Avoid Vomiting
- 11.) Avoid Odours to Stop Vomiting
- 12.) Lemon to Stop Vomiting
- 13.) Cinnamon to Cure Vomiting
- 14.) Get Fresh Air to Get Rid of Vomiting Sensations
- 15.) Rest to Stop Vomiting
It is obvious that when you feel like vomiting you can’t run to the medical store to buy a medicine. And, you can’t always have a medicine with you. There are many home remedies that will help you when you go through such situations. Here are some home remedies for vomiting:
1.) Drink Water to Get Rid of Vomiting
Drink as much water as you can. It is among the best remedies for vomiting. Vomiting means loss of water from the body. Loss of water leads to dehydration that can further lead to serious dehydration. It’s better to drink as much water as possible in order to save yourself from dehydration.
2.) Ginger to Avoid Vomiting
It can be called one of the perfect home remedies to stop vomiting. Ginger is known to treat a lot of problems related to the stomach. It fights off the infection. If you are vomiting because of some stomach infection, then ginger is best to use. It stops the vomiting almost instantly. What you have to do is:
- Take 1 cm ginger and crush it.
- Now add it to the boiling water.
- Allow the water to turn lukewarm and drink it.
3.) Mint to Stop Vomiting
Go fresh and treat your vomiting sensation. Mint is good at countering germs and bacteria. Take a few leaves of mint and chew it. It reaches the stomach and kills the bacteria. It stops the vomiting sensations and you will get relief from the vomiting sensations immediately.
4.) Clove to Get Rid of Vomiting
Clove works as a key remedy for vomiting, nausea, diarrhea and indigestion. Have cloves and treat vomiting sensations. The taste and aroma of clove treat your vomiting sensation well. It’s easy to prepare and consume. Follow the steps and prepare the solution:
- Take a spoon of cloves.
- Add it to a cup of water.
- Now boil it for 10 minutes.
- Allow it to cool and when it is lukewarm, drink it.
5.) White Rice Water to Avoid Vomiting
Prepare white rice water and treat your vomiting sensation. When the vomiting is because of the gastritis, white rice water works like a charm. White rice is easily digestible as it has starch. So white rice is always to be selected over brown rice. Here is the way by which you can prepare and utilize white rice water:
- Use glass to measure the amount of rice.
- Take half a glass of rice and add it to two glasses of water.
- Now boil it for at least 10 minutes.
- Now strain the water and drink.
6.) Apple Cider Vinegar to Stop Vomiting
Apple cider vinegar works amazingly when the vomiting is because of having some toxic substance. It is known for detoxification. Use apple cider vinegar and get rid of the vomiting. Prepare a solution using apple cider vinegar. You can use it in two different ways. You can either drink it or use it to rinse (in case vomiting sensation are rising because of the smell).
Take one teaspoon of apple cider vinegar and mix it with one teaspoon of honey and add to a glass of water. Drink it or rinse. You will have the immediate effects.
7.) Onion to Get Rid of Vomiting
Have onion juice to get rid of the vomiting. As soon as you feel like vomiting, have the juice. This alleviates vomiting. Follow the steps:
- Extract some onion juice and drink it.
- After drinking, it will show the immediate effects.
- You can use it in another way as well.
- Add it with ginger juice. (Adding it with the ginger juice enhances its qualities)
- Drink it and treat the vomiting sensation.
8.) Fennel for Vomiting
This home remedy works best when the vomiting is because of indigestion. Have the fennel seeds and get rid of the vomiting sensation. This home remedy for vomiting works immediately and relieves you from the sensation. Here are two ways by which you can you use it:
- Crush the fennel seeds and add one teaspoon to one cup of water. Boil it for 10 minutes. When it turns lukewarm, drink it.
- Another way to use it is chew it directly.
9.) Cumin to Prevent Vomiting
Cumin is known to stimulate the pancreatic enzymes and thus are very helpful when it come to treat vomiting impression arising due to indigestion. This is one of the easiest home remedy for vomiting. Here are three ways to use the cumin seeds:
- Take one spoon of ground cumin seeds and add it to boiling water. When it is lukewarm, drink it.
- A pinch of nutmeg with one teaspoon of cumin seeds and your vomiting is gone. Mix the two and add the mixture to the boiling water for ten minutes. Allow it to cool and drink it.
10.) Crackers to Avoid Vomiting
This is also one of the easiest home remedies to avoid vomiting. When you are feeling a little nauseous or feeling like vomiting then have them. They are easy to digest and thus are very helpful to cure vomiting feel. They are also known for their properties which provide you with energy.
11.) Avoid Odours to Stop Vomiting
One of the simplest home remedies for vomiting is avoid odours. Strong odours may also arise the vomiting sensation. The case gets stronger if you are allergic to something. Avoid prolong exposure to strong cooking smell. Perfumes with strong smell should also be avoided. The pungent smell makes one feel like vomiting. It arises the irritation which causes vomiting sensations.
12.) Lemon to Stop Vomiting
When someone has the vomiting sensation, then the first home remedy to avoid vomiting to be used is lemon. It has all the properties that are essential to halt the vomiting. it is rich in citric acid which is good for treating vomiting.Use the following steps:
- Take a lemon and cut it into two.
- Now squeeze half lemon in half glass of water.
- You can add salt to taste.
13.) Cinnamon to Cure Vomiting
Cinnamon is one of the most amazing remedies for vomiting. It eases vomiting sensations. What you have to do is:
- Boil a cup of water.
- Add a teaspoon of cinnamon powder and cover it with a lid.
- Allow it to steep for 5 minutes.
14.) Get Fresh Air to Get Rid of Vomiting Sensations
Whenever you feel like vomiting or have vomiting sensations than just go out enjoy some fresh air. Suffocation may also be the reason for vomiting sensations. So, just go and get some fresh. This will prove to be one of the most effective remedies to stop vomiting.
15.) Rest to Stop Vomiting
This is also one of the most efficient remedies to stop vomiting. Just lie in your bed and rest. It helps calm down the vomiting sensations. This is very helpful if the sensations are because of motion sickness and dehydration. Do try the one in order to get rid of vomiting sensations.