In this article we will discuss about home remedies for stress relief. In today’s hectic world, there are a number factors that contribute to stress. Such factors can be physical, mental or emotional. These factors causes tension. Stress can be internal, caused because of illness or due to several medical treatment. It can also be external, caused due to psychological, social or environmental situations. Stress usually affects your body’s normal state of functioning. Severe stress can sometimes be responsible for the development of some serious illness such as heart disease, cancer, blood pressure etc. It is therefore necessary to avoid stress. But it is not so easy to de-stress yourself. Below we have mentioned causes responsible for stress. We will also discuss some of the best home remedies for stress. These remedies can help you ease stress effectively.
Causes of Stress
- Hectic schedule
- Working for longer hours
- Death of a loved one
- Job lost
- Financial crisis
- Traumatic event
Home Remedies for Stress Relief:
- Home Remedies for Stress Relief:
- 1.) Almonds as a Remedy To Avoid Stress Naturally
- 2.) Blueberries as a Remedy To Avoid Stress
- 3.) Salmon to Reduce Stress Relief Naturally
- 4.) Green Tea De-Stress Yourself
- 5.) Brown Rice for Stress Relief
- 6.) Dark Chocolate to Reduce Stress Relief
- 7.) Spinach as a Natural Remedy for Stress Relief
- 8.) Avocados as Natural Stress Relievers
- 9.) Oranges to Overcome Stress Fast and Naturally
- 10.) Milk to Get Rid of Stress
1.) Almonds as a Remedy To Avoid Stress Naturally
Almonds are useful in reducing stress as they are rich in Magnesium, Zinc, Vitamins B and E, Selenium, and healthy oils. All these nutrients are useful for production of serotonin. Serotonin helps in regulating stress hormones. Thus, almonds act as an excellent stress-buster. Its crunchiness helps divert your mind from tension.
Suggestion to Include Almonds in Your Diet:
- You can include some raw or roasted almonds in your healthy snack.
- You can also include almonds in your desserts and baked goods.
- Other than almonds, you can have walnuts and pistachios to reduce stress.
- It is also useful at combating other problems such as blood pressure, hormones, amnesia and it also promotes your energy level.
2.) Blueberries as a Remedy To Avoid Stress
This is one of the best home remedies for stress relief. Blueberries are rich in antioxidants, which help lower stress levels fast. Blueberries are also rich in minerals like Manganese, Magnesium and Vitamin C and E. All these nutrients are useful in alleviating stress. Regular consumption of blueberries also helps fight insomnia, depression and other mood related disorders. These factors are also responsible for stress.
Directions to Use Blueberries for Stress Relief:
- You can include blueberries in your fruit snack or salad or can add them to your cottage cheese.
- Cranberry is another food which you can have along with blueberries to reduce stress.
3.) Salmon to Reduce Stress Relief Naturally
To reduce stress levels in your body, salmon is another helpful remedy. It can be called one of the excellent remedies for stress relief. Salmon is a fish which is known for being rich in Omega-3 fatty acids. It has powerful anti-inflammatory properties. Omega-3 fatty acids promote serotonin (a chemical present in the brain), which is responsible for feeling being happy. Thus, increased serotonin helps maintain stress hormones such as cortisol and adrenaline. And, omega-3 fatty acids in salmon makes your brain function more efficiently.
Directions to Consume Salmon for Stress Relief:
- Eat 2 to 3 servings of salmon in a week to maintain stress level.
- Apart from salmon, oily fishes such as tuna, sardines and mackerel can also be eaten.
- You can also opt for omega-3 fatty acid supplements after consulting your doctor about dosage and its effects.
4.) Green Tea De-Stress Yourself
Green tea is known to be a powerful antioxidants because of its contents which includes flavonoids, polyphenols, and catechins. All these compounds act as antioxidants, which relaxes and soothe your body and mind. As a result, this tea helps uplift your mood fast. It also has an amino acid known as theanine. It encourages relaxation, improves your concentration and makes you attentive.
Directions to Use Green Tea to Get Rid of Stress:
- Enjoy a cup of green tea 2-3 times a daily.
- If you do not prefer green tea, you can replace it with black tea.
- Avoid drinking alcohol or smoking to get the most benefits of green tea.
- You can add honey to green tea for added benefits.
5.) Brown Rice for Stress Relief
Brown rice is rich in vitamin B. It plays a vital role in regulating cells, tissues and organs. Brown rice acts as a natural mood uplifter. It helps in regulating biochemical reactions responsible brain functioning, immunity, cardiac functioning, and healthy red blood cells.
Directions to Use Brown Rice to De-Stress Yourself:
- Have a small amount of brown rice regularly to fight off stress.
- You can have products prepared with brown rice.
6.) Dark Chocolate to Reduce Stress Relief
It is one of the most delicious remedies for stress. Dark chocolate is an excellent option which can greatly lower the level of stress hormones in your body. Dark chocolate has mineral like magnesium. It is one of the proven nutrients that helps fight stress, depression, fatigue, and irritability. The best thing about dark chocolates is that it’s irresistible. Most of you would prefer having dark chocolates more than any other food to de-stress yourself.
Directions to Use Dark Chocolate:
- Whenever you feel stressed, have some dark chocolate to uplift your mood and lower your stress level.
- You can also have a glass of warm chocolate milk or any type of dessert, which has dark chocolate in it.
- Eat an ounce and half of dark chocolate daily to reduce stress. Avoid eating too much of it.
7.) Spinach as a Natural Remedy for Stress Relief
Spinach is one of the best dark green vegetables to consume. It is rich in Vitamin A, B and C. Other than Vitamins, spinach also includes a fine amount of minerals such as Potassium, Phosphorous, Calcium, and magnesium. These minerals help regulate stress hormones in your body and stabilizes your mood.
Directions to Use Spinach to Get Relief from Stress:
- Eat 1 cup of boiled or cooked spinach daily to relax and soothe your body.
- Add it in your sandwich, omelet, salad or wrap.
8.) Avocados as Natural Stress Relievers
Avocado is a popular food for reducing stress as it contains a high amount of Proteins, Minerals, and Vitamins C and E. Avocados are also rich in Fiber content, potassium and healthy fat. These all nutrients are essential to maintain stress hormones by maintaining the health of your nerves and brain cells.
Directions to Use Avocados as Stress Relievers:
- Eat 1 or ½ avocado daily to reduce your blood pressure level significantly.
- You can have it raw or can include it in your fruit salad or smoothies.
- Prefer having fresh avocado in place of packaged one for more benefits.
9.) Oranges to Overcome Stress Fast and Naturally
Orange is another food which is quite effective in lowering stress as it contains Vitamin C. It is known to boost your immunity to prevent you from damage caused by free radicals, which are triggered by stress. It also acts as a good antioxidant food which lowers the symptoms causing stress. Oranges are also rich in Vitamin A and B that are healthy minerals.
Directions to Use Oranges to Overcome Stress:
- Start your morning with a glass of fresh orange juice daily.
- Other than juice include oranges in your desserts and baked goods.
- You can also have other citrus fruits along with oranges.
10.) Milk to Get Rid of Stress
People who drink milk regularly are not stressed easily. Milk has a good amount of antioxidants and also contains Calcium, Protein and Vitamin A and Vitamin D. The protein, Lactium found in milk gives a calming effect to the body by reducing the blood pressure and the levels of cortisol. Cortisol is a hormone released by the body when it gets stressed. Also, all these nutrients help you to relax and prevent free radicals from getting released in your body when you are stressed.
Directions to Use Milk to De-Stress Yourself:
- Drink 1 glass of skimmed milk in the morning.
- You can also include a bowl of whole-grain cereal with skimmed milk in your breakfast.
- You can also drink a glass of warm milk before going to bed.
- You can have dairy products like yogurt and cottage cheese, if you don’t like milk.