This article is about the home remedies to treat Blisters on tongue. Blisters are small bumps on the tongue which leads to soreness. It could be due to accidentally biting the tongue or sipping hot foods. Certain medications also lead blister on the tongue. It may appear red or yellow in color. It causes pain and inflammation around the tongue. Due to which a person is not able to eat food properly and feels irritated. These blisters last for a week. A week would be too long for you without food. Here are some home remedies to treat blisters on the tongue. These remedies will help you to get rid of blisters faster.
Causes of Blisters on Tongue:
- Food allergies
- Viral infection
- Canker sores
- Enlarged papillae
- Oral cancer
- Vitamin B deficiency
- Fatty foods
- Side effects of certain medications
Home Remedies to Treat Blisters on Tongue:
1.) Hydrogen Peroxide to Treat Blisters on Tongue
Hydrogen peroxide is packed with the disinfectant and antibacterial properties that help to get rid of the blisters. It kills the bacteria which causes blisters. However, use 3 percent hydrogen peroxide.
How to Cure Hydrogen Peroxide to Cure Blisters on Tongue?
- In a glass mix an equal amount of warm water and hydrogen peroxide.
- With the help of a cotton ball apply this solution over the tongue.
- Leave it for a while and then rinse it off with warm water.
- Do this 3-4 times a day to treat the problem.
- P.S- Do not swallow hydrogen peroxide.
2.) Turmeric to Treat Blisters on Tongue
Turmeric is loaded with antiseptic and healing properties that come handy for treating the inflammation and pain around the tongue because of blisters.
How to Use Turmeric to Get Rid of Blisters on Tongue?
- In a tablespoon of honey mix half teaspoon of turmeric powder. Gently rub the mixture with your fingers over the blister. Leave it on for a few minutes and then rinse it off with warm water.
- Repeat this several times a day until you get relief from the blisters.
- Also, in a glass of warm milk mix a pinch of turmeric and drink it regularly.
3.) Salt to Treat Blisters on Tongue
Salt cures the pain and inflammation. Moreover, the spice also inhibits the growth of bacteria. While applying it, you will sense a tingling effect don’t worry it won’t harm you.
How to Use Salt to Prevent Blisters on Tongue?
- In a cup of lukewarm water mix a teaspoon of salt.
- Use this solution for swishing and after few seconds spit it out.
- Then, apply a pinch of salt over the blister and rinse it off with warm water after a minute.
- Do this several time a day until you get rid of the blisters.
4.) Baking Soda to Treat Blisters on Tongue
Baking soda has anti-inflammatory properties that come handy for treating the blisters on the tongue. It minimizes the pain and inflammation around the tongue caused due to the blisters. It also maintains the pH level in the mouth.
How to Use Baking Soda to Heal Blisters on Tongue?
- In a cup of warm water mix a teaspoon of baking soda.
- Use this solution for swishing. Don’t swallow this solution, spit it out after a few minutes.
- A mixture of baking soda and water will also solve your problem. Apply it to the blisters and leave it on for a few minutes and then rinse it off with warm water.
- Repeat this several times a day until the blisters subside.
5.) Tea Tree Oil to Treat Blisters on Tongue
The antiseptic and antibacterial properties in tea tree oil makes it best remedy for treating the blisters on a tongue. Use it to gargle or as oil pulling. If you find it strong then dilute it by adding water to it.
How to Use Tea tree Oil to Cure Blisters On Tongue?
- In a cup of water mix 2-3 drops of tea tree oil.
- Replace your mouthwash with this solution and use it 2-3 times a day.
6.) Aloe-Vera to treat Blisters on Tongue
The green plant is filled with the abundance of properties and nutrients that not only comes handy for treating the blisters rather they also enhance your beauty. It cures the blisters and speed up the healing process.
How to Use Aloe-Vera to Prevent Blisters on Tongue?
- Apply Aloe-Vera gel over the blisters and rinse it off with warm water after a few minutes.
- Do this 3-4 times a day until the pain and inflammation subside.
- You can either extract the fresh gel from the plant itself or can apply medicinal Aloe-Vera gel available in the market.
7.) Coriander to Treat blisters on Tongue
Coriander is also packed with the antiseptic and anti-inflammatory properties that help to heal the inflammation and cure the blister at earnest.
How to Use Corriander to Get Rid of Blisters on Tongue?
- In a cup of water boil a teaspoon of coriander leaves or seeds.
- Steep it for a while and then strain it.
- Swish the solution around the mouth and tongue.
- Repeat this several times a day until you find encouraging results.
8.) Basil Leaves to Treat Blisters on Tongue
This herb is enriched with the antiseptic, anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties that help to subside the symptoms of blisters on the tongue.
How to Use Basil Leaves to Aid Blisters on Tongue?
- Chew a few leaves of basil and sip water after it.
- Repeat this several times a day.
9.) Vitamin B to Treat Blisters on Tongue
The most common cause of blister on the tongue is the deficiency of Vitamin B. To treat the deficiency include foods rich in vitamin B in your diet. Eggs, oats, avocados, turkey, banana, grains, salmon, dairy products, liver are a rich source of vitamin B.
10.) Ice to Treat Blisters on Tongue
Run the ice-cube over the blister. Ice has the numbing effect. It gives instant relief from the symptoms of the blisters. Sipping ice-cold water will also serve your purpose.
11.) Clove Oil to Treat Blisters on Tongue
Clove oil has anti-inflammatory properties that help to treat the infection. However, clove oil is strong, so it’s better to mix other ingredients in it.
How to Use Clove Oil to Get Rid of Blisters on Tongue?
- In a small bowl add half teaspoon of olive oil, a few drops of clove oil and warm water. Mix all the ingredients.
- Dip a cotton ball in this mixture and place it on the blisters.
- Do this several times a day to treat the blisters on the tongue.
12.) Natural Oil Spray to Treat Blisters on Tongue
This natural oil spray is made with the combination of different herbal oil such as olive oil, eucalyptus and grape seeds oil. Mix all the oils and apply it on the tongue with the help of the cotton. Or you pour this mixture into the spray bottle and then spray it on the blisters. Apply this regularly to get rid of blisters. It is one of the best home remedies for blisters. You can also use the same remedy to treat cancer soar as well.
Other Useful Tips to Treat Blisters on Tongue:
- Avoid acidic, sweet and spicy food.
- Do not touch the blisters.
- Maintain a good oral hygiene.
- Avoid hot drinks.
- Drink cold beverages and cold drinks.