Do you feel breathless? Does it feel uncomfortable while breathing? Well, all this is due to the breathing problem. In this materialistic world, nothing comes free expect the air we breathe in. Unfortunately, due to breathing problems, there are many people who pay even to breathe. In this article, we will talk about home remedies to treat breathing problem.
In medical terms, breathing problem is also known as Dyspnea, which is due to lung and heart problems. Sometimes, breathing trouble, limits a person to inhale enough amount of air or oxygen that is required by the body. This may lead to severe repercussion on the overall health. In many circumstances, a person may experience shortness of breath. It may occur when you get indulged into various physical activities. However, it can even occur when you are resting or simply lying. Certain foods and remedies do help in reducing the effects and symptoms of this problem. We have gathered some home remedies to treat breathing problems. You can also read this related article Natural Remedies for Asthma Attacks on our website.
Causes of Breathing Problem:
- Rapid breathing is an obvious sign of breathing trouble.
- Use of accessory muscles of breathing.
- Chest pain
- Difficulty in talking.
- Weakness and excessive sweating.
- Congestion and expulsion of mucus.
- Nasal blockage.
Home Remedies to Treat Breathing Problem:
1.) Ginger to Treat Breathing Problem
It is one of the best remedies to treat breathing problems. Ginger consists of natural anti-bacterial properties. Those are beneficial to treat breathing problem and helps to eliminate the phlegm and mucus from the respiratory tract. This makes ginger as one of the effective home remedies to treat breathing problems.
- Consume at least a small piece of ginger or extract some juice of ginger.
- Alternatively, you could mix some amount of salt and consume it.
- Do this process 2-3 times a day to treat breathing problem.
2.) Mustard Oil to Prevent Breathing Problem
Mustard oil is an effective home remedy to deal breathlessness and helps to clear respiratory tract. It also results in restoring the natural breathing process. All these qualities make mustard oil one of the best treatments to fix breathing problems. Include mustard oil in your diet for best results.
- Mustard oil can be used in place of your normal cooking oil.
- Its seeds can also be included in your spices.
- You can also prepare a homemade dip of mustard seeds.
- Purchasing the commercial mustard dips is also an alternative.
3.) Figs to Avoid Breathing Problem
Figs are beneficial to cure for breathing problems like asthma or even cure any type of respiratory problem like inflammation or irritation in the throat. These benefits make it as one of the effective home remedies to treat breathing problems.
- Include figs in your daily routine.
- Eat 25 mg of figs regularly to treat breathing problems.
4.) Garlic to Reduce Breathing Problem
Garlic consists of natural anti-inflammatory, antioxidant and expectorant properties. This makes it useful for the reducing and preventing breathing disorders like asthma and bronchitis. For many years, garlic has been used to treat and cure shortness of breath and other breathing related problems.
- All you need to do is include garlic in your daily diet.
- Simply use it with your spices.
- Chewing a raw garlic clove on a daily basis is also an alternative.
5.) Coffee to Get Rid of Breathing Problem
Caffeine is known for controlling and reducing breathing problems. This is because it has various qualities which potent to treat breath problems. The reason behind the beneficial qualities of Caffeine is the bronchodilator property.
- Drinking a hot cup of coffee can help you kick back to the problem with its strong brew.
- Repeat the remedy regularly until you get the desired results.
6.) Honey to Cure Breathing Problem
Honey is the oldest and natural remedy for your breathing problems. This is because honey contains oils, and alcohol, which help to improve the symptoms of breathing problems. Sometimes, inhaling the smell of honey produces good results in curing various breathing problems, for some people.
- Consume honey by mixing one teaspoon of it in a glass of warm water.
- Drink this mixture 3 times a day.
- It is more beneficial taken before going to bed.
- This will help release phlegm and mucus from your throat and makes you sleep more comfortably.
7.) Onions to Treat Breathing Problem
Onions work as a great preventive measure for breathing problems. It helps to reduce asthma and the inflammation in the respiratory tract. These properties make onions an effective and natural home remedy to treat breathing problems.
- Simply, eat some raw onions or make juice out of it.
- To extract the juice, grate the onions and squeeze out its juice.
- Moreover, include onions in your daily diet.
- Repeat this remedy regularly.
- This will surely help you to treat breathing problems, fast and effectively.
8.) Lemons to Prevent Breathing Problem
Lemons are a rich source of vitamin C. People with breathing problems usually have low levels of vitamin C. Sometimes, breathing problems end up contracting problems like scurvy. So take lemon juice in a glass of warm water to treat breathing problems. Its antioxidant properties help you to reduce most of the symptoms of asthma and other breathing problems.
- All you need to do is simply squeeze a whole lemon in a glass of warm water.
- Drink this mixture twice daily.
- You can also mix honey with it, in addition to its already existing health benefits.
- Repeat the remedy regularly until you get the desired results.
9.) Carom Seeds to Treat Breathing Problem
Carom seeds are helpful to reduce breathing problems. They act as an expectorant and also help to remove phlegm from the respiratory tract. Is also works as a bronchodilator. All these qualities makes it as an effective home remedy to treat breathing problems.
- Include carom seeds in your diet.
- Alternatively, you can also have them directly with a glass of warm water.
- For best results, do take this 2-3 times a day.
10) Eucalyptus Oil to Cure Breathing Problem
It is one of the best remedies to treat congestion and blocked nose. A chemical Eucalyptol helps break down mucus in the respiratory tract. Eventually, treating the breathing problems as this accumulated mucus is the main reason of a hampered breathing process.
- To use this remedy, inhale the oil.
- Keep it in a bottle or put a few drops of this oil on a piece of cloth or towel.
- Place it near you it while sleeping at night.
- This way, you can inhale while sleeping too.
- For better results, do this process every day.
11.) Eat More Beetroot to Treat Breathing Problem
If you are experiencing a breathing problem, it can be the reason due to anemia that is due to lack of iron. So beet-root consists of the rich amount of iron as well as fiber, potassium, and vitamins.
- Extract the juice of one beet-root, a handful of spinach, 3 carrots and ½ sweet potato in a juicer.
- Drink this mixture once daily.
- Alternatively, you can also eat beet-root directly in salads.
- But make sure that you don’t consume it excessively as it can cause harsh throat.
- So eat only 3-4 slices at a time.
12.) Fennel Seeds to Reduce Breathing Problem
According to Ayurveda, fennel can help get rid of breathing problems. It works as a natural expectorant that help to remove the phlegm to treat respiratory issues, such as bronchitis, congestion and coughs. Moreover, the iron in fennel is useful in treating anemia.
- To try this method, add 1 tsp of fennel seeds in a cup of hot water.
- Let it steep for 10-15 minutes.
- Strain the water and add raw honey for additional benefits.
- Drink this fennel tea 2-3 times a day.
- Alternatively, you can also simply chew some of dry roasted fennel seeds to prevent breathing problems.
13.) Walking to Get Rid of Breathing Problem
Walking is an excellent method to get rid of breathing problems. Breathing problems are basically common among obese people. Regular walking helps to boost your stamina and also reduces other symptoms of breathlessness. It can also helps you lose weight fast. All these benefits makes it as an effective and natural home remedy to treat breathing problems.
Additional Tips to Prevent Breathing Problem:
- Try to identify your asthma triggers and avoid them.
- Stay away of allergens, irritants and pollutants in the air, and respiratory infections.
- Eat at least two servings of cold-water fish like salmon, cod, mackerel, and herring a week.
- Eat herbs and spices like sage, ginger, rosemary, oregano, and turmeric in your cooking.
- Include more fresh fruits and vegetables in your diet.
- Restrict your intake of milk and dairy products if you are allergic to milk proteins or have lactose intolerance due to lactase deficiency.
- Avoid eating processed and packaged foods.