After writing, natural remedies for asthma treatment, home remedies for chest pain, and how to relive sinus pressure?, we are now writing home remedies for breathing problem treatment. Do you feel breathless? Does it feel uncomfortable while breathing? Well, all this is due to the breathing problem. In this materialistic world, nothing comes free expect the air we breathe in. Unfortunately, due to breathing problems, there are many people who pay even to breathe. In this article, we will talk about home remedies to treat breathing problem.
In medical terms, breathing problem is also known as Dyspnea, which is due to lung and heart problems. Sometimes, breathing trouble limits a person to inhale enough amount of air or oxygen that is required by the body. This may lead to severe repercussion on the overall health. In many circumstances, a person may experience shortness of breath. It may occur when you get indulged in various physical activities. However, it can even occur when you are resting or simply lying. Certain foods and remedies do help in reducing the effects and symptoms of this problem. We have gathered some home remedies to treat breathing problems.
Home Remedies to Treat Breathing Problem:
- Home Remedies to Treat Breathing Problem:
- 1.) Diaphragmatic Breathing
- 2.) Steam Inhalation
- 3) Use The Ginger
- 4.) Mustard Oil Will Help
- 5.) Eat Some Figs
- 6.) Use The Garlic Power
- 7.) Have Some Coffee
- 8.) Have Some Honey
- 9.) Use The Onions
- 10.) Lemons Will Help
- 11.) Add Carom Seeds to Diet
- 12) Use Eucalyptus Oil
- 13.) Eat More Beetroot
- 12.) Use Fennel Seeds
- 14.) Perform Some Walking
- 15.) Relaxation Therapies
- 16.) Use The Boswellia
- 17.) Pursed Lip Breathing
- 18.) Go For Some Walk
- 19.) Stand With Supported Back
- 20.) Sitting Forward Supported By Table
- 21.) Sleep in a Relaxed Position
- 22.) Do Some Lifestyle Changes
- 23.) Bellows Breath
- 24.) Victorian Breath
- 25.) Cooling Breath
1.) Diaphragmatic Breathing
You can also call it deep breathing. This is an effective way if the shortness of breath is caused because of chronic obstructive pulmonary diseases. The best thing about this way is that you can try this remedy quickly without running to get things.
- Lie down straight on the back. Relax the muscles of your abdomen with your hands. Breath deeply with your nose. Expand your abdomen and fill in the air in your lungs.
- Count of 5 and then exhale. Empty your lungs while exhaling slowly through the mouth. Continue this for at-least 5 minutes. Repeat this breathing exercise for 3 times a day.
2.) Steam Inhalation
A respiratory problem is another reason that can cause you trouble in breathing. It is a good option and clears the nasal passage easily. Steam provides heat and moisture which is necessary to break and dissolve the mucus so that the nasal passage is cleared.
- Boil a pot of water and add a few drops of eucalyptus or peppermint oil. Bring your face over the top of the pot. Cover your head and face with a towel.
- Breathe deeply for 2 to 3 minutes. If you are suffering from nasal congestion then this a great remedy to try.
3) Use The Ginger
It is one of the best remedies to treat breathing problems. Ginger consists of natural anti-bacterial properties. Those are beneficial to treat breathing problem and helps to eliminate the phlegm and mucus from the respiratory tract. This makes ginger as one of the effective home remedies to treat breathing problems. Consume at least a small piece of ginger or extract some juice of ginger. Alternatively, you could mix some amount of salt and consume it. Do this process 2-3 times a day to treat breathing problem.
4.) Mustard Oil Will Help
Mustard oil is an effective home remedy to deal breathlessness and helps to clear respiratory tract. It also results in restoring the natural breathing process. All these qualities make mustard oil one of the best treatments to fix breathing problems. Include mustard oil in your diet for best results. Mustard oil can be used in place of your normal cooking oil. Its seeds can also be included in your spices. You can also prepare a homemade dip of mustard seeds. Purchasing the commercial mustard dips is also an alternative.
5.) Eat Some Figs
Figs are beneficial to cure for breathing problems like asthma or even cure any type of respiratory problem like inflammation or irritation in the throat. These benefits make it as one of the effective home remedies to treat breathing problems. Include figs in your daily routine. Eat 25 mg of figs regularly to treat breathing problems.
6.) Use The Garlic Power
Garlic consists of natural anti-inflammatory, antioxidant and expectorant properties. This makes it useful for the reducing and preventing breathing disorders like asthma and bronchitis. For many years, garlic has been used to treat and cure shortness of breath and other breathing related problems. All you need to do is include garlic in your daily diet. Simply use it with your spices. Chewing a raw garlic clove on a daily basis is also an alternative.
7.) Have Some Coffee
Caffeine is known for controlling and reducing breathing problems. This is because it has various qualities which potent to treat breath problem. The reason behind the beneficial qualities of caffeine is the bronchodilator property. Drinking a hot cup of coffee can help you kick back to the problem with its strong brew. Repeat the remedy regularly until you get the desired results.
8.) Have Some Honey
Honey is the oldest and natural remedy for your breathing problems. This is because honey contains oils, and alcohol, which helps to improve the symptoms of breathing problems. Sometimes, inhaling the smell of honey produces good results in curing various breathing problems, for some people. Consume honey by mixing one teaspoon of it in a glass of warm water. Drink this mixture 3 times a day. It is more beneficial taken before going to bed. This will help release phlegm and mucus from your throat and makes you sleep more comfortably.
9.) Use The Onions
Onions work as a great preventive measure for breathing problems. It helps to reduce asthma and the inflammation in the respiratory tract. These properties make onions an effective and natural home remedy to treat breathing problems. Simply, eat some raw onions or make juice out of it. To extract the juice, grate the onions and squeeze out its juice. Moreover, include onions in your daily diet. Repeat this remedy regularly. This will surely help you to treat breathing problems, fast and effectively.
10.) Lemons Will Help
Lemons are a rich source of vitamin C and people with breathing problems usually have low levels of vitamin C. Sometimes, breathing problems end up contracting problems like scurvy. So take lemon juice in a glass of warm water to treat breathing problems. Its antioxidant properties help you to reduce most of the symptoms of asthma and other breathing problems. All you need to do is simply squeeze a whole lemon in a glass of warm water. Drink this mixture twice daily. You can also mix honey with it, in addition to its already existing health benefits. Repeat the remedy regularly until you get the desired results.
11.) Add Carom Seeds to Diet
Carom seeds are helpful to reduce breathing problems. They act as an expectorant and also help to remove phlegm from the respiratory tract. Is also works as a bronchodilator. All these qualities make it as an effective home remedy to treat breathing problems. Include carom seeds in your diet. Alternatively, you can also have them directly with a glass of warm water. For best results, do take this 2-3 times a day.
12) Use Eucalyptus Oil
It is one of the best remedies to treat chest congestion and blocked nose. A chemical Eucalyptol helps break down mucus in the respiratory tract. Eventually, treating the breathing problems as this accumulated mucus is the main reason of a hampered breathing process. To use this remedy, inhale the oil. Keep it in a bottle or put a few drops of this oil on a piece of cloth or towel. Place it near you while sleeping at night. This way, you can inhale while sleeping too. For better results, do this process every day.
13.) Eat More Beetroot
If you are experiencing a breathing problem, it can be the reason due to anemia that is due to lack of iron. So beet-root consists of the rich amount of iron as well as fiber, potassium, and vitamins. Extract the juice of one beetroot, a handful of spinach, 3 carrots and ½ sweet potato in a juicer. Drink this mixture once daily. Alternatively, you can also eat beetroot directly in salads. But make sure that you don’t consume it excessively as it can cause harsh throat. So eat only 3-4 slices at a time.
12.) Use Fennel Seeds
According to Ayurveda, fennel can help get rid of breathing problems. It works as a natural expectorant that helps to remove the phlegm to treat respiratory issues, such as bronchitis, congestion, and cough. Moreover, the iron in fennel is useful in treating anemia. To try this method, add 1 tsp of fennel seeds in a cup of hot water. Let it steep for 10-15 minutes. Strain the water and add raw honey for additional benefits. Drink this fennel tea 2-3 times a day. Alternatively, you can also simply chew some of the dry roasted fennel seeds to prevent breathing problems.
14.) Perform Some Walking
Walking is an excellent method to get rid of breathing problems. Breathing problems are basically common among obese people. Regular walking helps to boost your stamina and also reduces other symptoms of breathlessness. It can also help you lose weight fast. All these benefits make it as an effective and natural home remedy to treat breathing problems.
15.) Relaxation Therapies
Yoga and meditation are the keys for a happy, peaceful and a healthy life. These two therapies will not only solve your breathing problem but also the other problems of life. Yoga increases the flow of oxygen and blood throughout the body due to which the levels of stress and anxiety is reduced. Stress and anxiety are also important reasons behind breathing problems.
16.) Use The Boswellia
This is one of the wonderful herbs to treat breathing problems. It works very well when you are suffering from dyspnea, which is basically caused by asthma. Asthma leads to shortness of breath because the airway passages swell and get narrow. Boswellia is a great remedy to treat breathing problems caused by asthma. You should always look for natural solutions before taking medicines and going to doctors. All you need to do is boil some boswellia herb in a cup of water. Leave the herb in the cup for a few minutes. Strain it and have a sip of this tea. Drink this once daily to get fast relief.
17.) Pursed Lip Breathing
This is another common technique which eases the shortness of breath. It helps to restore the natural breathing and gives quick relief from shortness of breath. It also reduces stress and anxiety, which is very necessary if you want to treat breathing problems. Follow the steps given below and feel better within minutes.
- Comfortably sit on a chair and relax the shoulder and neck muscles. Press your lips tightly and leave it a little open from the center. Take deep breaths through your nose for a few seconds.
- Breathe out through your pursed lips while counting to 4. Continue this inhaling and exhaling process for another 10 minutes.
18.) Go For Some Walk
This is one of the best ways to treat breathing problems. It is a great cure and especially if you are overweight. It minimizes shortness of breath and increase the stamina. A simple walk can also help you to cut so many calories. Walking also reduces stress and anxiety, which are one of the main reasons behind breathing problems. When you walk, your subconscious mind gets distracted and slowly you restore your natural breathing. Walk for 30 to 60 minutes daily on a moderate pace. Do this atleast 5 times a week to improve stamina and increase metabolism.
19.) Stand With Supported Back
This is one of the best techniques to cure breathing problems. When you stand, the body and the airways get relaxed. Follow the steps given below to get relief within a few seconds.
- Stand near a wall with your hips resting on the wall. Keep your feet width apart and place your hands on your thighs. Leave your shoulders relaxed and then lean forward.
- Dangle your arms and stand in this position for a few minutes. Do this whenever you suffer from shortness of breath.
20.) Sitting Forward Supported By Table
This is another effective technique to get relief from shortness of breath within minutes. It is a comfortable position to sit and you will be able to catch your breath easily. Follow the steps given below to cure breathing problems within a few seconds.
- Sit comfortably on a chair and place your feet on the floor. Make sure there is a table kept in-front of you.
- Lean your chest in the forward direction and keep your forearms on the table. Place your head on the forearms or you can even a pillow.
21.) Sleep in a Relaxed Position
Many people complain that they experience shortness of breath while sleeping. This affects their quality and duration of sleep. Try to sleep in positions which make your body and airways feel relaxed. Good sleeping positions can make your breathing easier. Follow the steps given below to treat breathing problems.
Position-1: Keep a pillow on under your head and lying on your side. Place a pillow between your legs and make sure your back is straight. Sleep in this position to make your breathing easier.
Position-2: Keep pillows under your head to keep it elevated. Try to keep your knees bent. Place a pillow under your knees. This sleeping position is really going to make you feel relaxed and comfortable.
22.) Do Some Lifestyle Changes
There are certain lifestyle changes that can help you to get rid of breathing problems. So, have a close look at these changes because small changes can change your life. Here are some tips to change your lifestyle.
- Try to lose some weight if you are overweight. Avoid smoking and eating tobacco to cure breathing problems.
- Sleep properly and eat a healthy and balanced diet. Don’t exert yourself at higher elevations. Don’t sleep in overly warm areas because it can cause shortness of breath.
23.) Bellows Breath
This yoga posture will perk up your digestive organs and eliminate the fat from the abdominal area. It also improves the functioning of the respiratory system covering the diaphragm and bronchial tubes. Follow the steps given below to treat breathing problems.
- Fold your legs and sit with your eyes closed. Place your left hand on the left knee. Now, with the right thumb, close the right nostril. Exhale through the left nostril and then inhale quickly.
- Repeat the same thing with the left nostril. Exhale and inhale quickly with the right nostril. While doing this make your abdomen muscles bigger and then contract them. Try this yoga posture to get quick relief from breathing problems.
24.) Victorian Breath
This is one of the easiest yoga techniques to create breathing problems. This yoga posture reduces stress and anxiety, which is one of the main reasons behind breathing problems. Victorian breath also relaxes the nervous system and body. Follow the steps given below to get rid of breathing problems.
- Sit straight in a meditating position. Place your hands on your knees and keep breathing normally. Inhale deeply while stir out your abdomen.
- Stir in your abdomen while exhaling. While doing this, make sure your mind is apparent. It is important to feel the abdominal stirring.
25.) Cooling Breath
This is one of the most effective yoga techniques to get rid of breathing problems. This yoga technique will help you to stay away from all kinds of breathing problems. It is also a good choice to get relief from hypertension cures fever and also relaxes the nervous system. It is also an amazing technique for liver and spleen. Follow the steps given below to cure breathing problems.
- Fold your knees and sit straight. Keep your palms on your knees and close your eyes. Take out your tongue in the outward direction. Inhale deeply and load the lungs fully with it.
- Keep the tongue outward and seal your mouth. Hold your breath for a few seconds and then exhale through your nose. Repeat this technique few times a day to keep yourself away from breathing problems.
Additional Tips to Prevent Breathing Problem:
- Try to identify your asthma triggers and avoid them. Stay away from allergens, irritants and pollutants in the air, and respiratory infections.
- Eat at least two servings of cold-water fish like salmon, cod, mackerel, and herring a week. Eat herbs and spices like sage, ginger, rosemary, oregano, and turmeric in your cooking.
- Include more fresh fruits and vegetables in your diet. Restrict your intake of milk and dairy products if you are allergic to milk proteins or have lactose intolerance due to lactase deficiency. Avoid eating processed and packaged foods.