In this article, we will talk about home remedies to treat prostate problem. The prostate is a gland in male’s reproductive system. It is equivalent to a size of a walnut. The gland is around the tube called urethra that helps the passage of urine through the bladder. With the age the gland also grows. However, if it grows too large, then it causes Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia (BPH). The condition is painful and inflammatory. The problem is common among old man (45 onwards). The prostate problem may or may not lead to prostate cancer. So it is important to visit your doctor on time and seek for the remedies. Nevertheless, there are some home remedies to treat prostate problem as well.
Types of Prostate Problem:
1.) Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia (BPH) – In such condition the prostate is enlarged, but it is not cancerous.
2.) Acute Bacterial Prostatitis – This problem arises due to the bacterial infection.
3.) Chronic Bacterial Prostatitis – This condition is a result of the reoccurrence of the infection.
4.) Chronic Prostatitis – The problem is also known as chronic pelvic pain syndrome. It is a common prostate problem.
Symptoms of Enlarged Prostate:
- Difficulty while urinating
- Frequent urination
- Urine problem
- Weak urinary stream
- Pain and inflammation near the prostate.
- Frequent urine dribbling
Home Remedies to Treat Prostate Problem:
1.) ACV (Apple Cider Vinegar) to Treat Prostate Problem
Apple cider vinegar, especially raw and unfiltered is loaded with the astringent properties that help to reduce the size of the swollen prostate glands. Moreover, it also helps you to reduce weight and prevent complications associated with the enlarged prostate such as urinary tract infection.
How to Use ACV (Apple Cider Vinegar) to Get Red of Prostate Problem?
- In a glass of warm water mix a tablespoon of ACV (Apple Cider Vinegar) and 2 tablespoons of honey. Drink this solution 2 times a day.
- Alternatively, you can have a nice and relaxing bath. All you have to do is add a cup of ACV (Apple Cider Vinegar) in your bathing tub and soak yourself in it for a few minutes.
- Do this regularly to treat the prostate problem.
2.) Stinging Nettle to Treat Prostate Problem
Stinging Nettle is diuretic and helps to subside the symptoms of the prostate problem. The roots of the nettle are packed with the essential Bioactive Phytochemical that helps to shrink the size of the enlarged prostate. It also aids the inflammation and pain.
How to Use Stinging Nettle to Cure Prostate Problem?
- In a cup of hot water, add a teaspoon of dried nettle leaves. Steep it for a few minutes. Strain it and then drink it.
- Drink this tea 2-3 times a day. You can also take supplements of stinging nettle. But do consult your doctor before taking the supplements.
3.) Corn Silk to Treat Prostate Problem
Corn silk is a natural diuretic and helps to combat the prostate enlargement. It also helps to soothe the urinary muscles and linings, which eventually improves the urine flow. Corn silk is a remedy for kidney stones, diabetes, high cholesterol and high blood pressure as well
How to Use Corn Silk to Heal Prostate Problem?
- In a kettle add 4 cups of water and a few silk of fresh corn. Boil it for a few minutes. Later, strain the tea and drink it.
- Drink corn silk tea 3 times a day until the symptoms of prostate problem subside.
- Else, In a cup of a water, you can add 15 drops of corn silk and consume it 3-4 times a day.
4.) Sitz Bath to Treat Prostate Problem
Sitz bath is one of the effective remedies for the enlarged prostate. The hot bath relaxes the pelvic muscles and reduces the swelling. You can also go for a cold bath as well. It will also cure the pain.
How to Take a Sitz Bath to Heal Prostate Problem?
- Fill your bathtub with warm water and add 1 and a half cup of Epsom salt to it.
- Simultaneously, fill cold water in another bathtub and add 5-6 drops of lavender essential oil to it.
- First soak your body in the hot bathtub for a few minutes and then in cold water bathtub for a minute.
- Repeat this 2-3 times for a week until you find encouraging results.
- P.S- Do not follow this remedy if you experience acute or chronic bacterial prostate.
5.) Tomato to Treat Prostate Problem
Tomatoes contain Lycopene which helps to cure the symptoms of BPH. It lowers the level of the prostate-specific antigen which enlarges the gland and causes the inflammation. Moreover, it helps to reduce the swelling in the gland.
How to Use Tomato to Cure Prostate Problem?
- Increase consumption of tomatoes. Eat it in a raw form or consume tomato juice or try try different recipes with tomato. However, make sure you strain the seeds of it otherwise it may lead other problems such as kidney stone.
- You can also supplement your diet with supplements of Lycopene.
6.) Diet Rich with Zink to Treat Prostate Problem
Zinc is an essential mineral. It plays a crucial role in the immune system cell growth. It is also present in the prostate cells, where it aids the inflammations and protects the gland from further infection. Flaxseeds, spinach, kidney beans, pumpkin seeds, watermelon seeds and etc are a rich source of zinc. Make sure you include these foods in your diet.
7.) Pumpkin Seeds to Treat Prostate Problem
Like other vegetable seeds, pumpkin’s seeds does not effect the body rather it helps to reduce the size of the prostate which swells over the time. Also, it is a good source of zinc which is good for prostate gland as we have already told you.
How to Consume Pumpkin Seeds?
- Eat a plain handful of pumpkin seeds regularly.
- Alternatively, boil some water and add a handful of pumpkin seeds in it. Remove it from the flame. Leave it to cool at room temperature. Strain it and drink this water to get rid of the prostate problem.
8.) Watermelon Tea to Treat Prostate Problem
Watermelon seeds also help to ease the symptoms of enlarged prostate. All you have to do is collect watermelon seeds. Boil a glass of water and add watermelon seeds into it. Let it steep for a while and then strain it and drink the water. Drink this solution regularly to cure the problem at the earnest.
9.) Gooseberry to Treat Prostate Problem
A mixture of gooseberries, turmeric powder and honey has been used to cure prostate problems since ancient. It is believed to be a best natural medicine for a prostate problem.
How to Use Gooseberry to Cure Prostate Problem?
- Extract juice from the fresh gooseberry, mix a pinch of turmeric and a teaspoon of honey in it. Mix it well.
- Drink a tablespoon of this mixture regularly until the symptoms of the enlarged prostate subsides.
10.) Exercise to Treat Prostate Problem
Last but not least, there are a few exercise which can help you to treat prostate problems. But for that you have to be determined and regular.
Exercise to Get Rid of Prostate Problem:
- Kegel or Pelvic strengthening exercise.
- Aerobic and resistance exercise.
- The above are two exercise which will help you to treat the problem and maintain your weight.
Additional Tips to Treat Prostate Problem
- When you feel the urge to urinate, empty your bladder.
- Even if you do not feel like urinating then also urinate.
- Avoid consumption of caffeine and alcohol.
- Do not take over the counter medicines without referring to a doctor.
- Avoid stress.
- Restrict the intake of red meat and fatty foods.
- Do not sit in same position for a long time.
- Exercise regularly.
- Do not lift heavy weight.
- Avoid strenuous activities.