After writing, how to get rid of a cough?, home remedies to treat malaria naturally, and home remedies for dengue fever treatment, we are now writing home remedies for typhoid fever treatment. The season of flu is again in the trend. It is affecting the people of the U.S. adversely. Typhoid fever is one such acute illness caused due to the presence of bacteria known as Salmonella typhi. Only less than 400 cases are reported per year in the United States of typhoid fever. Though it is rare in the industrialized nations like the U.S. but it is a very significant problem in developing nations. Typhoid fever spreads by eating the contaminated food and drinking water that is affected by bacteria. In this article, we are explaining the many home remedies for typhoid treatment. It is easy to recover from it soon by following few home remedies for typhoid fever.
How Typhoid Fever Can be Diagnosed?
You can diagnose typhoid fever by the stool as the bacteria causing it invade your gallbladder, biliary system, and lymphatic tissues. It also passes through the intestinal tract and can be easily diagnosed in stool samples. You may also diagnose it by the blood sample.
Home Remedies for Typhoid Fever Treatment – Cure Typhoid Fever:
Remember, home remedies are only the adjacent treatments that may help you to recover soon. It makes your healing process work faster. Well, here are few home remedies to cure typhoid fever:
1.) Consume More Amount of Water
Due to fever and diarrhea, the body gets dehydrated. Hence, it is really important to drink water to keep our body hydrated. Just increase your fluid intake to avoid the condition of dehydration. It helps in eliminating the toxins and wastes from our body.
- Drink at least 8-10 bottles of distilled water on a regular basis. For better results boil the water and then consume it.
- You may also take herbal tea, fresh fruit juices, coconut, glucose and much more to increase the fluid levels in your body.
2.) Take Help From Basil
It is one of the best home remedies to cure typhoid fever. Basil is one of the best herb provided by nature, as it contains antibacterial and antibiotic properties that helps in fighting the bacteria causing typhoid fever. It even boosts the immune system of our body. It also provides relief from stomach pain. To prepare this remedy, follow these steps:
- Boil water and add 20 basil leaves with one teaspoon of crushed ginger in it. Boil this solution till it becomes half in the quantity. Add a little honey to this tea.
- Consume it 2-3 times in a day. You can also drink basil juice by extracting the juice from basil leaves. Add a pinch of ground black pepper in it. Drink it 2-3 times in a day.
3.) Bananas to Cure Typhoid Fever
Bananas are the best home remedies for typhoid fever as they can treat diarrhea effectively. Banana contains the soluble fiber known as pectin that helps in absorbing the liquid in our intestines. Moreover, the potassium present inside the banana helps in replacing electrolytes that may be lost during diarrhea and fever. To prepare this remedy, follow these steps:
- Mix two mashed bananas in ½ cup of yogurt and add one teaspoon of honey in it.
- Eat this mixture at least twice in a day.
- You can also eat ripe bananas every day till you don’t get well.
4.) Buttermilk for Typhoid Treatment
It helps you to recover soon by boosting the healing process in our body. It prevents dehydration and maintains the energy levels in our body. To prepare this home remedy for typhoid fever, follow these steps:
- Prepare buttermilk and add two teaspoons of coriander leaves in it. Drink it at least once in a week.
- To minimize the temperature in fever, just add one banana in the buttermilk.
- Drink this solution twice a day on a regular basis.
5.) Apple Cider Vinegar to Cure Thyroid Fever
It contains the acidic properties that help to draw heat out from your body. Hence, it reduces the body temperature. It even replenishes minerals in our body, as apple cider vinegar is rich in minerals. To prepare this remedy, follow these steps:
- Take one glass of water and add half a teaspoon of raw apple cider vinegar in it. Now, mix a little amount of honey in it. Drink this solution at least 5-6 days.
- Mix apple cider vinegar in cool water. Now, immerse a cloth in this solution and wrench out the excess water from the cloth.
- Place this cloth on the forehead and the abdomen until the temperature of your body becomes normal.
6.) Garlic to Treat Typhoid Fever
It contains the antimicrobial properties that help in fighting the bacteria causing typhoid fever. It boosts your immune system while speeding up your recovery process. Garlic even removes the excessive toxins from our body. To prepare this remedy, follow these steps:
- Eat two garlic cloves on an empty stomach in the morning regularly. It helps in fighting the typhoid fever symptoms effectively.
- You can also add half a teaspoon of crushed garlic in one cup of milk. Now, add this mixture to four cups of water. Boil this mixture until it becomes one-fourth. Drink it thrice in a day.
Note: This remedy is not recommended for young children and pregnant women.
7.) Cloves to Treat Typhoid Fever
The oil present inside the cloves contains antibacterial properties that can fight the bacteria causing the typhoid fever. Cloves even prevent vomiting. To prepare this remedy, follow these steps:
- Add 5 clove buds in water. Boil this mixture. Heat it till it reduces by half. Strain it.
- Consume it, at least, three times in a day. Use this herbal treatment for one week.
8.) Home Made ORS to Treat Typhoid
Fluid resuscitation is the necessary method to avoid dehydration in our body. Home-made ORS (Oral Rehydration Solution) can be prepared easily. Just follow these steps to prepare this remedy:
- Take 4 cups of water in a jar.
- Now, add half a teaspoon of salt and 6 spoons of sugar in it.
- Drink it several times in a day.
Note: If this solution doesn’t work for you, then you may also buy ORS approved by WHO from the market.
9.) Cold Compresses for Typhoid Treatment
Apply cold compresses to control the body temperature. It helps in lowering your body temperature in fever. Follow these steps to use this remedy:
- Dip cloth in cold water.
- Now, wrench excessive amount of water from the cloth.
- Put this cloth on abdomen and forehead till the temperature of your body gets normal.
- Another way to maintain your body temperature is to use cold and damp cloth on the spongy areas of your body like armpits, hands, and feet.
- Keep it doing at regular intervals to maintain your body temperature.
10.) Lemon Juice to Get Rid of Typhoid Fever
This is one of the best home remedies to treat typhoid fever. The presence of vitamin C and other minerals in lemon makes it an effective choice for the overall body health. It is one of the excellent remedy to fight against typhoid attack. It is a wonderful disinfectant and has the ability of alkalizing the gastrointestinal tract. Follow the instructions given below to deal with typhoid
- Squeeze out the juice of one lemon in one glass of water.
- Mix two teaspoons of honey and stir well.
- Drink this juice daily for atleast 2 weeks.
11.) Cranberries to Treat Typhoid Fever
The anti-parasitic properties present in cranberry makes it an excellent remedy for typhoid fever. Cranberry juice also strengthens the immune system. Follow the instructions given below to deal with typhoid.
- Take some fresh cranberries.
- Blend these cranberries into a blender.
- You can either consume cranberry juice directly or add some yogurt in this cranberry juice to make a smoothie.
Note: It is not recommended for pregnant women.
12.) Echinacea to Cure Typhoid Fever
This is one of the amazing home remedies to cure typhoid. It not only enhances the immunity but also strengthens the tissues of the body. Follow the instructions given below to deals with typhoid fever.
- In one glass of water, mix one teaspoon of Echinacea powder made from its dried flowers.
- Boil this water for about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Strain the solution and allow it to cool down a little.
- Drink this solution 3 to 4 times a day to cure typhoid fever.
13.) Coconut Water to Treat Typhoid Fever
This is one of the most natural remedies to treat typhoid fever. The minerals such as potassium, calcium, magnesium, sodium, fats and carbohydrates present in coconut water supplies the body with constant energy that is needed during the recovery. Body loses most of the energy during typhoid fever. Coconut water helps to regain this lost energy. Follow the directions given below to deal with typhoid fever.
- Drink coconut water many times a day when you are suffering from typhoid fever.
- Alternatively, add a mashed banana in a glass of coconut water. Consume this solid intake to replenish your body with essential nutrients.
14.) Barley to Cure Typhoid Fever
This is one of the most effective home remedies to treat typhoid fever. The presence of soluble and insoluble fiber present in barley makes it an excellent choice for typhoid fever. Insoluble fiber maintains the regular bowel movement while soluble fiber lowers the risk of diabetes and reduces cholesterol. The diuretic properties of barley control the problem of diarrhea and reduce typhoid fever. The phytochemicals in barley is good for heart health. Barley is easily digested therefore it is a good food choice for patients recovering from fever. Follow the directions given below to deal with typhoid fever.
- In a pan, fry one tablespoon each of dried gram, dried barley and dried bajara.
- Grind these herbs to make a fine powder.
- Mix a little amount of jaggery syrup and honey in this powder.
- Consume this mixture 3 times a day.
- Repeat this process on a regular basis for several weeks to cure typhoid fever.
15.) Guava Leaves to Treat Typhoid Fever
This is one of the most natural remedies to treat typhoid fever. The vitamin C present in guava leaves strengthens the immune system and keeps the body away from viral infections. The astringent agents in it reduce the mucus and kill the bacteria in the respiratory tract and lungs. Follow the instructions given below to deal with typhoid fever.
- Grind about 6 to 7 guava flowers finely.
- Add this pulp to a glass of unboiled goat milk and stir it well.
- Drink this mixture on an empty stomach.
- Repeat this method thrice a day to treat typhoid fever.
- Take 6 to 7 guava leaves and mince them finely.
- Strain out the juice from these leaves. It will be about one teaspoon.
- Mix a little amount of water in it.
- Have this juice 3 times a day.
- Repeat this process several times a day for about one week.
16.) Bitter Gourd Leaves to Cure Typhoid Fever
Bitter gourd leaves contains a lot of proteins, vitamins and minerals which makes it an amazing remedy to cure typhoid fever. The juice of bitter gourd leaves helps in treating typhoid fever and malaria fever. Follow the directions given below to treat typhoid fever.
- Crush a few leaves of fresh bitter gourd.
- Squeeze out the juice from these leaves.
- Mix this juice in a glass of warm water.
- Drink this solution thrice a week.
Note: Though there are no side effects of bitter gourd but over consumption of it can cause flatulence and loosen the bowels.
17.) Pomegranate Juice to Treat Typhoid Fever
This is one of the most effective home remedies for typhoid fever. Typhoid causes dehydration and makes the body weak. Pomegranate juice replenishes the body with energy. Pomegranate juice strengthens the immune system and prevents the body from bacteria attacks. Follow the directions given below to get rid of typhoid fever.
- Ripe the skin of two fresh pomegranates and extract its juice.
- Add one teaspoon of black pepper powder.
- Eat this mixture daily in the morning.
- Repeat this process daily for about 2 weeks to cure typhoid fever.
Note: People having high blood pressure should avoid taking pomegranate juice. People having asthma should also avoid pomegranate juice.
18.) Carrot to Cure Typhoid Fever
This is one of the most natural remedies to cure typhoid fever. The high concentration of antioxidants present in carrot prevents the body against the bacteria attack that is responsible for causing typhoid fever. Carrot also strengthens the immune system. Carrot also helps to treat diarrhea which is a common symptom of typhoid. Follow the instructions given below to treat typhoid fever.
- Take 6 to 7 fresh carrots and peel the skin.
- Add them to a glass of water and bring the water to a boil.
- Simmer it on low flame for the next 10 minutes.
- Strain the solution and add 2 to 3 pinches of black pepper.
- Drink this soup on a daily basis to cure typhoid fever.
19.) Raisins to Treat Typhoid Fever
This is one of the cheapest remedies for typhoid fever. It is a natural tonic that kills the bacteria that is responsible for causing typhoid fever. Follow the instructions given below to cure typhoid fever.
- In one bowl of cold water, soak some raisins.
- Leave it in the bowl for about 2 to 3 hours.
- Drink this water next morning.
- Repeat this remedy daily to cure typhoid fever.
Few Preventive Measures for Typhoid Fever:
Here are few important preventive measures that you may follow to avoid typhoid fever:
- Keep your surrounding clean and hygienic.
- It is very important to have a proper sewage system in your locality to prevent typhoid fever.
- Avoid drinking water directly from the tap. Try to use a good water purifier.
- Avoid eating raw vegetables and fruits as there can be germs left over them even after they are washed with water. Even while preparing a salad always use vegetables after peeling them off.
- Keeps your hands clean. Always wash them before consuming food.
- Avoid eating food kept at the room temperature. Prefer eating hot food that is cooked at the same time.
- Prefer eating in a hygienic environment. Avoid eating in dirty surroundings.
- If you use local water then always drink it after boiling it. It is a great way to avoid typhoid fever.
It is easy to fight with typhoid fever at home. There are various natural treatments to boost your recovery process. Just use these home remedies for typhoid fever to regain health.