In this article, we will discuss some of the best home remedies for upset stomach. Upset stomach can get to a really annoying stage from just a minor thing. It is directly linked with indigestion. Upset stomach leads to stomach ache and frequently passing of stools. An upset stomach can prove to be a big problem as it doesn’t allow you to leave your washroom. It becomes a nuisance if not treated in time. You need not go to the doctor, unless the condition worsens. There are a number of remedies that you can use to treat your stomach problem. Further, in this article, you get to learn about the home remedies for upset stomach.
Causes of Upset Stomach:
- Eating too much
- Eating too rapidly
- Consuming fatty food
- Consuming too much chocolate
- Consuming fizzy drinks
- Hiatus Hernia
- Emotional trauma
- Stomach Cancer
Home Remedies for Upset Stomach:
1.) Banana as a Remedy for Upset Stomach
Banana is one of the best remedies for upset stomach. It is rich in potassium and fiber an thus it is good to use when suffering with indigestion or loose stools. You can consume it in two different ways:
- Take a ripe banana and mash it well.
- Now add 1 tsp of tamarind pulp to it.
- Add a pinch of salt.
- Have it twice a day. Or,
- Take one ripe banana and mix it with buttermilk and have it.
- Drink it twice a day.
2.) Fenugreek seeds for Upset Stomach
It is also one of the most effective remedies for upset stomach. It helps with loose stools. What you have to do is have it directly followed by 1 tsp of yogurt. You can use the other method as well:
- Take a glass of water.
- Add 1 tsp of fenugreek seeds powder.
- Add the powder to the glass of water and drink it.
- Drink it twice a day and you will see the difference.
3.) Rice Water to Treat Upset Stomach
It is one of the most efficient remedies for upset stomach treat. Just drink the rice water and you get rid of the upset stomach naturally at home. It also treats diarrhea well. Consuming its virtues is easy. What you have to do is:
- Take half cup of rice and add six cups of water to it.
- Boil the water for 15 minutes.
- Now strain the rice and take water in a glass.
- Drink the water and you get rid of the upset stomach.
4.) Cumin Seeds to Cure Upset Stomach
Cumin seeds can treat the upset stomach easily in many different ways. It is one of the most easy-to-use home remedies for upset stomach. What you can do is boil some cumin seeds in water and drink the water when it is lukewarm. Or, you can use it in another way as well:
- Roast some cumin seeds.
- Now grind the seeds to powder.
- Add the powder to a glass of buttermilk with a pinch of salt.
- Drink it after meals.
5.) Ginger to Get Rid of Upset Stomach
Ginger is also counted among the most powerful remedies for upset stomach as it works great with the stomach ache. It cures stomach ache easily and keeps your system well. Consuming it is easy. What you can do is:
- Take a teaspoon of ginger powder.
- Add the powder to the buttermilk.
- You can also add a pinch of aesfetida to it.
- Mix it well and drink the mixture.
- Have it at least thrice a day.
6.) Yoghurt to Avoid Upset Stomach
Yoghurt is one of the simplest remedies for upset stomach. It works directly on the digestive system allows it work well. You need not put much efforts to it. Just simply have three bowls of curd a day and you get rid of the upset stomach easily. Yoghurt is an amazing remedy if you are trying to deal with the problems of diarrhoea and indigestion.
7.) Apple Cider Vinegar for Upset Stomach
Apple cider vinegar is great at fighting off the nausea. It is ranked highest among the home remedies for upset stomach. Making a solution out of apple cider vinegar is easy and having it is also easy. Apple cider vinegar turns out to be a key remedy for many of the problems. Follow the steps to use to treat upset stomach:
- Take a glass of water.
- Add one teaspoon of apple cider vinegar to it.
- Add honey to taste.
- Mix it well and drink the mixture.
- Drink it every time after having the meal.
8.) Chamomile Flower for Upset Stomach
Chamomile flower is also counted among the most successful remedies for upset stomach. It has anti-inflammatory contents that help with the upset stomach. You can prepare a tea with chamomile flower. To make the tea:
- Boil some water in a pan.
- Take a few chamomile flowers and peppermint leaves.
- Add both the ingredients to the water and cover it with a lid.
- Allow it to steep it for 5 minutes.
- Now strain the prepared tea and discard the leaves.
- Add honey to taste and enjoy the tea.
9.) Cinnamon to Get Rid of the Upset Stomach
Cinnamon is good at stimulating the functioning of digestive system and that’s why it is one the most helpful remedies for upset stomach. Just prepare a tea using cinnamon powder and get rid of the upset stomach.
- Boil a cup of water.
- Add ½ tsp of cinnamon powder to it.
- Steep it for some time.
- When it is prepared, have it.
10.) Mint for Upset Stomach
Mint has the qualities that combat indigestion. Mint works great against the digestion problem and thus it is one of the most essential home remedies for upset stomach. Prepare a tea and get rid of the upset stomach.
- Take a few leaves of mint and put them in a cup.
- Now add the boiling water to eat.
- Cover it for 10 minutes.
- Now strain the tea and drink it.
- This should be repeated thrice a day.
- Your stomach should be empty while having this tea.
11.) Apple to Prevent Upset Stomach
An apple a day keeps the doctor away. Apple works amazingly with the upset stomach as well. Also, it used to cure a number of problems. What you have to do is have one apple on a daily basis. It will add fiber to your diet and will prevent you from stomach problems in future.
12.) Baking Soda for Upset Stomach
Baking Soda is also one of the most powerful remedies for upset stomach. What you have to do is mix ½ tsp of baking soda to a glass of water. This will battle the upset stomach. Do not use it if you have a high blood pressure problem.
13.) Hot Water Bottle to Get Rid of Upset Stomach
Hot compress has been used since ever to use a number of problems. It works well on upset stomach greatly. Hot compress calms your muscles and brings it back to proper functioning. What you have to do is:
- Boil some water and pour it in a hot water bottle.
- Keep it on your stomach for some time.
- It will help with the pain.
- Use it after having your meal as the circulation increases at that time.
14.) Carrot Juice as a Remedy for Upset Stomach
You can also drink carrot juice to cure upset stomach. Also, it fights off other stomach problems like gas problems. To use it to cure upset stomach, what you have to do is:
- Take four sliced carrots and 1 tsp of mint powder.
- Boil four cups of water and the carrots and mint powder to it.
- Steep it for 15 minutes and mix it well.
- Now drink the mixture.
15.) Avoid Milk for Upset Stomach
Avoid milk as much as possible. Milk is quite dense and thus it is not easy for everyone to digest it. So, it is good to avoid it as much as you can. It disturbs the digestive system during upset stomach and worsens the case. So, keep away from milk when suffering with upset stomach.