This article will provide you the information about the home remedies for urinary tract infections. It will help you in dealing with this type of severe problem easily. Urinary Tract Infection is one of the most critical types of problems in the United States. It accounts more than 7 million cases in the hospitals every year. This infection not only affects your urinary tract, but it also affects your kidney and bladder adversely. This problem occurs when bacteria from the rectal area enter the urinary tract through the urethra and causes urinary tract infections.
Our urinary system functions in a very simple way. First the kidneys prepare the urine by filtering waste from the blood. Secondly, the ureters carry the urine from the kidneys to the bladder. The main work of the bladder is to hold the urine. And finally, the urethra carries the urine out of your bladder. The UTI is mostly caused due to the emergence of the bacteria. These bacteria cause hindrance in the urinary system. There are several home remedies for urinary tract infections, that can be used to treat this problem effectively.
What are Causes of Urinary Tract Infections?
There are several causes that may lead to the problem of UTI. It may happen due to various reasons which are as follow:
For the Women Who are Sexually Active:
- After sexual intercourse, the germs get pushed into the urethra through the vagina that may cause UTI.
- Waiting long for urine to pass through the bladder will lead the germs to enter your body at a higher rate.
- After menopause, the estrogen level decreases and the vaginal line become thinner. This may cause urinary tract infections.
- Women using the diaphragm for birth control.
- Usage of spermicides (contraceptive substances that prevent pregnancy) during intercourse.
Symptoms of Urinary Tract Infections:
Before we head up towards the home remedies for urinary tract infections. First we need to focus on the signs and symptoms of this kind of problem. So, you may recognize it in an early stage.
- Painful burning sensation while urinating.
- Impel to pass the urine in a large amount, but it comes out in very less quantity.
- Urine having a pungent smell and looks cloudy, milky or reddish in appearance. If you get blood in urine then contact a doctor as soon as possible.
- Feeling fatigued and tired out.
- Suffering from fever or chills.
Note: It is important to note that the pregnant women have a higher risk of developing UTI. Therefore, it is important to have a prenatal visit to check the urine during pregnancy. It may cause severe pregnancy complications if it is not treated properly.
Types of UTI:
UTI include several types which are as follow:
It is caused due to the inflammation in the urethra. Many sexually transmitted diseases take an initial form as urethritis. So, it is important to take this condition seriously.
It is the most common form of UTI which causes the infection in the bladder. It is easy to recognize it. If your bladder doesn’t get empty completely when you urinate, then remember it is cystitis.
This is the infection that occurs in the ureter. It occurs when your ureter-to-bladder valves don’t work in a proper manner. It causes burning sensation and pain with urinary discharge. It can cause inflammation and irritation in the urinary tract.
It is an infection of the kidney which can be acute or chronic for health. It is caused due to the rise of bacteria inside your kidney.
Home Remedies for Urinary Tract Infections:
When bacteria make their way through the urinary tract, then it is not easy to deal with such kind of hazardous problem. This infection causes so much discomfort in your body, especially when you pee. It is not easy to fight from such kind of dangerous infections. So, it is important to follow home remedies for urinary tract infections.
1.) Drink Water in Large Amount:
- Drinking water is always considered to be one of the best ways to cure various health related issues.
- On an average 3 liters of fluid intake is a need for our body.
- But, if you are suffering from UTI, then it is very important to consume a large amount of water every day to fight from this adverse problem.
- Water plays a major role in flushing out harmful bacteria from our bodies when you pee. It is a basic advice from everyone that “drinking 8-ounce glasses of water a day is good for health”, which is approximately equal to 1.9 liters.
- But, if you really want to fight this problem, then it is important to constantly keep on
- drinking water. It is one of the easiest ways to flush out harmful germs from our bodies.
- So, drink water properly every day. It is one of the best home remedies for urinary tract infections.
2.) Start Drinking Soda:
- Baking Soda is an alkaline base, which helps in neutralizing the acidic nature of urine.
- If you experience the burning sensation or pain when you pee, then remember that consuming soda can help a lot in treating this problem.
- Don’t resist the urge to pee, you can easily reduce the burning sensation of your urine by consuming soda.
- Just add baking soda in the water.
- Stir it effectively.
- Consume it every day to neutralize the effect of acid in the urine.
3.) Start Consuming Cranberry Supplements:
It is one of the most effective home remedies for urinary tract infections that help in flushing out bacteria from your body. It also helps in preventing bacteria from sticking on your bladder. There are several antioxidants present inside the cranberry, which prevents the bacteria in sticking to the walls of the bladder. So, add cranberry to your diet, as it is one of the best home remedies for urinary tract infections.
4.) Start Drinking Parsley:
- Parsley has been used as a great treatment for several diseases. It is considered to be one of the most effective home remedies for urinary tract infections.
- It contains nutrients like Vitamin C more than any other vegetables or citrus fruits.
- It is high in nutrients like iron, manganese, calcium and potassium.
- It acts as a diuretic that is very helpful in healing urinary tract infection.
- It flushes out all the bacteria and germs from urinary tract of the body.
- You can boil parsley in water or prepare parsley tea.
- You may even add it to your food as an ingredient.
- It is the best home remedies for urinary tract infections.
5.) Start Masticating the Celery Seeds:
- Celery seeds help in increasing the production of urine in your body.
- If you feel the urge to pee, but when you pee you don’t get it in a proper amount. Then remember, celery seed is one of the most effective home remedies for urinary tract infections.
- These seeds also help in improving the digestion process in your body.
- It also acts as a diuretic, which is one of the most effective ways for flushing out bacteria from our bodies.
6.) Start Eating Pineapple:
- This fruit is rich in enzymes, especially bromelain that can treat inflammation in UTI.
- According to the Scientists, bromelain can effectively kill various bacterias and viruses that may cause this problem in our body.
- But, consult a doctor before using this type of home remedies for urinary tract infection.
- The bromelain may even cause the interactions with medications. So, before taking it as a supplement in your diet. Do take an advice from your doctor.
7.) Eat Foods High in Vitamin A:
- It is a great way to rebuild your immune system.
- It refurbishes damaged tissues in the bladder.
- It is one of the best ways to speed up the healing process in your body.
- Start consuming green vegetables and fruits, carrot, papaya and many more supplements that are rich in vitamin A nutrient.
- So, add vitamin A to your diet and fight the problem of UTI effectively.
8.) Bearberry Leaves
- These leaves are basically found in the areas of North and Central America.
- It contains hydroquinone that acts as an anti-bacterial element in our body.
- It is one of the best home remedies for urinary tract infections.
- Use 2 grams of these leaves and add it to 100 ml of water.
- Consume it four times in a day to experience the anti-bacterial action inside your body.
Important Tip: Please avoid the intake of bearberry leaves, if you are pregnant women. Also, it is not a suitable remedy for children. So, avoid it at any cost.
9.) Consume Natural Diuretic:
Diuretics are the best type of home remedies for urinary tract infections. Try to consume it as much as you can on the daily basis. Go for apple cider vinegar, fennel, green tea, juniper berries, cabbage leaves, nettle and many more. To flush out harmful bacterias from your body, just start consuming these diuretics.
10.) Go and Pee Frequently:
It is a time to focus on the most important aspect of reducing the level of bacteria in your body. It is very important to keep yourself hydrated. Start drinking the adequate amount of water as it allows you to go and pee at frequent intervals. No matter, how much it pains, it is the only way to get rid of bacteria by flushing it out of the body. So, the next time you feel like peeing never stop yourself. Just Go and Pee!
We live in the fascinating world of bacterias, but still we are alive. Though, it is quite fascinating fact about our world. But, if the germs hit your health, then remember it is the time to hit them back as hard as you can. Apply these home remedies for urinary tract infections. It is the best ways to get rid of bacteria causing UTI as soon as possible. Take proper care of your health with the help of the above home remedies for urinary tract infections. It is one of the most effective ways to maintain your health.