This article is about home remedies for varicose veins. Varicose veins are the swollen veins. It is caused by the disturbance in the blood circulation. When the blood is unable to reach the heart due to some impediments, it leads to swelling of the veins. This is generally caused in the legs. The veins swell and are clearly visible. They can cause other problems such as bleeding and deep veins thrombosis and phlebitis. It is more common in women than in men. Here in this article we are going to discuss the home remedies for varicose veins treatment. Read the article and learn more about it.
Causes of Varicose Veins:
Here are the reasons for the occurrence of varicose vein:
- Puberty – At this stage, women go through many physical and mental changes. So it can easily lead to varicose veins.
- Menopause – It also brings changes in the body and can result in varicose veins.
- Birth control pills – The use of birth control pills also brings a lot of changes in the body which causes varicose veins.
- Pregnancy – It is most common in pregnant women. Pregnancy increases the hormone volume.
Home Remedies for Varicose Veins Treatment:
- Home Remedies for Varicose Veins Treatment:
- 1.) Horse Chestnut for Varicose Veins
- 2.) Grape Seeds for Varicose Veins
- 3.) Parsley to Get Rid of Varicose Veins
- 4.) Marigold Flower for Varicose Veins
- 5.) Apple Cider Vinegar to Prevent Varicose Veins
- 6.) Garlic to Avoid Varicose Veins
- 7.) Olive Oil to Treat Varicose Veins
- 8.) Witch Hazel for Varicose Veins
- 9.) Cayenne pepper to Prevent Varicose Veins
- 10.) Grapevine Leaves for Varicose Veins
You might not know, but there are number of remedies by which you can treat the varicose veins at home. Here are the home remedies for varicose veins:
1.) Horse Chestnut for Varicose Veins
This is one of the most efficient remedies for Varicose Veins. Horse chestnut is good at improvising the blood circulation and cure the pain and swelling from the nerves. Put it to use but do not consume it directly as it has toxic substance as well. Follow the steps:
- Take some horse chestnut gel (available in the market).
- Apply the gel on the affected area.
- Do it daily for best results.
- If you suffer from kidney, liver or blood disorders, then avoid it.
2.) Grape Seeds for Varicose Veins
Grape seeds are also counted among the most successful remedies for Varicose Veins. Use it correctly and carefully. The best way to stay from the harmful effects of grape seeds is to avoid chewing it or consuming it directly. It is not only bitter in taste but is unsafe as well. Here is the best way to use it. What you have to do is:
- Take some grape seeds.
- Grind them to the powder.
- Add it to your bath.
3.) Parsley to Get Rid of Varicose Veins
Parsley is very much rich in vitamin C and is a powerful anti-oxidant. It is one of the most proficient remedies for Varicose Veins. It is also helpful in stimulating the production of collagen. Use it carefully and get the best results. Using it is quite easy. What you can do is:
- Take a handful of parsley leaves in a cup of water.
- Now boil the water to make a solution.
- Add one drop of rose and one drop of marigold essential oil.
- Allow the solution to cool.
- Now keep it in the refrigerator for several minutes.
- Take a cotton ball and use it to apply the solution to the affected area.
4.) Marigold Flower for Varicose Veins
Marigold flower is good at stimulating the production of collagen and is rich in vitamin C and that’s why it is among the most dominant remedies for Varicose Veins. Use it on the following way:
- Take some petals of marigold flowers.
- Take them in a bowl of water and boil them.
- Now dip a clean cloth in it and keep it on the affected area.
- Leave it there till it cools down completely .
- Do it daily for months.
5.) Apple Cider Vinegar to Prevent Varicose Veins
Apple cider vinegar is a natural cleanser and it also improves the blood flow. It is among the most successful remedies for varicose veins. It cures both internally and externally mix 2 tsp. of apple cider vinegar to one glass of water and drink it twice a day. Follow the steps to apply it externally:
- Takes some undiluted apple cider vinegar.
- Apply it on the affected area and give it a massage.
- Do it everyday and get the best results.
6.) Garlic to Avoid Varicose Veins
Garlic is one the most effective home remedies for varicose veins as it has the ability to remove toxic elements from the blood. A few garlic clove will do the job of treating varicose vein. Use it in the given way:
- Take a few cloves of garlic.
- Slice them well and put them in a jar.
- Now extract the juice from three oranges and add it to the jar.
- Add 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- Leave it for 12 hours and after that, shake the jar.
- Now, apply it on the affected area with your fingers.
- Leave it for 15 minutes and wrap the area using a clean cloth and leave it overnight.
- Repeat the process for several months.
7.) Olive Oil to Treat Varicose Veins
Olive oil is one of the most trusted remedies for varicose veins. It is really very helpful in improving the blood circulation. It helps reducing pain and inflammation. It is very easy to use. You just have to massage the affected area with olive oil. Mix it with Vitamin E and see the effects. Follow the given steps for the purpose:
- Mix some olive oil with equal amount of Vitamin E oil.
- Mix them well and heat them.
- Give your leg a massage with the oil.
8.) Witch Hazel for Varicose Veins
Witch hazel can prove to be one of the most effective remedies for varicose veins. It is rich in astringent that help a lot in getting rid of the problem. Also, it is rich in gallic acid that help with the swelling. Witch hazel is a famous remedy because of being rich in the contents of different essential oils. You can use it in two different ways:
- Soak a clean cloth in the witch hazel and apply it on the affected area. Or,
- Take lukewarm water in the tub and add 20 drops of witch hazel.
- Soak your legs in the tub for 15 minutes.
- Now wash your legs with clean water.
9.) Cayenne pepper to Prevent Varicose Veins
It is a rich source of vitamin C and bioflavonoids that improves the blood circulation and thus it is one of the most effective remedies for varicose veins. Apart from improving the blood circulation, it also helps with the pain of the swollen nerve. What you have to do is:
- Take a cup of water and boil it.
- Now 1 tsp of cayenne pepper powder to it.
- Stir it well and drink it.
- Do it thrice a day.
10.) Grapevine Leaves for Varicose Veins
Grapewine leaves are rich in flavonoides. It helps in making the veins healthy. It is also rich in astringent and antioxidant properties. It is also rich in anti-inflammatory properties and thus relieves inflammation. Follow the given steps to use it:
- Take four cups of water and boil them.
- Add some grapevine leaves and boil it for 15 minutes.
- When it is lukewarm, pour it into a bucket and soak your feet in it for 5 minutes.
- Now take a bucket filled with cold water and soak your legs in it for 10 minutes.
- Repeat it three times in a row.
- After some time massage your leg with castor oil in upward direction.
- Now at the end, put your legs in elevated direction for 5 minutes.