Wisdom teeth commonly transpire between the ages of 17 to 25. Most adults have four wisdom teeth (formally called as third molar M3). Literally wisdom tooth has nothing to do with wisdom. It is called so because it appears late than other teeth when a person has become wiser than a child. It is quite possible to have fewer or more. Their growth usually affects other teeth so it becomes impacted or start growing sideways, thus causing pain. This article deals with the home remedies for wisdom tooth pain.
These are the underlying third molar, that occurred to our ancestors who had big jaws that helped them in grinding the plant tissue to readily digest the cellulose that makes up a plant cell wall. As time passed, the diet of people changed and smaller jaws evolved, still wisdom tooth appear creating room for themselves and becoming impacted. You can treat wisdom tooth pain with some medicines but there are also some home remedies that will help you to get rid of wisdom tooth pain.
Symptoms for Wisdom Tooth Pain:
- Sore and swollen gums
- Pain near an impacted teeth
- Tooth decay
- Bad breath
Causes of Wisdom Tooth Pain:
It is not necessary that wisdom tooth always causes a problem, a person can also have a healthy wisdom tooth that grows in a right position. It may cause a problem if any of the following occur:
- Due to lack of space, they break through gums causing a flap of gum tissue to grow over them. This flap traps food leading to infection in gums.
- They emerge facing the wrong direction.
- You face problem in cleaning them as they are really far.
- A cyst is formed that damages bone or roots.
- Growing at several angles like at an angle towards the next tooth, toward the back of the mouth, at a right angle to the other tooth, straight or down like other teeth but remains trapped within the jaw bone.
Home remedies for Wisdom Tooth Pain Relief:
- Home remedies for Wisdom Tooth Pain Relief:
- 1) Clove for Wisdom Tooth Pain Relief
- 2) Garlic to Treat Wisdom Tooth Pain Naturally
- 3) Tea Bag for Wisdom Tooth Pain Relief
- 4) Wheat Grass Juice to Heal Wisdom Tooth Pain Relief
- 5) Onion to Get Rid of Wisdom Tooth Pain Naturally
- 6) Ginger to Treat Wisdom Tooth Pain Naturally
- 7) Ice Packs to Get Rid of Wisdom Tooth Pain Relief
- 8) Pepper Mint Tea for Wisdom Tooth Pain Relief
- 9) Salt Water Gargle to Treat Wisdom Tooth Pain Relief
- 10) Vanilla Extract for Wisdom Tooth Pain Relief
Some remedies can help you to get rid of wisdom tooth pain. While growing it pains a lot, so we are here with some solutions for you to get relief from the pain as early as possible.
1) Clove for Wisdom Tooth Pain Relief
Cloves are well known for treating teeth disorder. It has strong anaesthetic and antiseptic properties due to the presence of an active agent called eugenol. It reduces the pain and chances of further infection caused due to the wisdom tooth.
Steps to Use Clove to Treat Wisdom Tooth Pain Fast:
- You need to mix the clove oil with garlic juice and a pinch of rock salt.
- You can add a little pepper to this oil to increase its effectiveness. Then apply this mixture on your affected tooth.
- You can also apply clove oil directly.
2) Garlic to Treat Wisdom Tooth Pain Naturally
Garlic is one of the best home remedies for wisdom tooth pain relief. It has very strong properties that help in fighting wisdom tooth pain, swelling and fever. It is antibacterial, anti-viral and anti- inflammatory ingredient.
Steps to Use Garlic to Get Rid of Wisdom Tooth Pain:
- To make it an effective healer, we need to crush a garlic clove and apply the juice on affected tooth.
- It should be applied in such a way that it covers the whole tooth. The moment you started feeling the heat in your mouth, garlic has started showing its effect.
- Repeat this garlic remedy daily until you get relief from the pain.
3) Tea Bag for Wisdom Tooth Pain Relief
Tea bag is one of the best home remedies for treating wisdom tooth pain. When wisdom teeth start bleeding, then you need to make use of tea bag. It contains an active agent called tannic acid that helps in clotting of blood by contracting the bleeding vessels.
Steps to Use Tea Bag to Cure Wisdom Tooth Pain:
- You need to bite on a tea bag for at least half an hour.
- After that rinse your mouth properly to wipe out older clots.
4) Wheat Grass Juice to Heal Wisdom Tooth Pain Relief
Rinsing your mouth with wheatgrass juice is a popular remedy. It prevents bacterial action on teeth as well as gums by removing toxins from the mouth. It is helpful in detoxification due to the presence of amazing antioxidant properties.
Steps to Make Wheatgrass Juice to Cure Wisdom Tooth Pain:
- Take some wheatgrass and blend it in a grinder.
- Add 1 to 2 tbsp of water in it to blend it properly.
- Now, strain the wheatgrass juice and use it as a mouthwash.
- Repeat it daily as it will help to get rid of wisdom tooth pain naturally.
5) Onion to Get Rid of Wisdom Tooth Pain Naturally
Onion is one of the best and effective home remedies for curing wisdom tooth pain. It has vast astringent properties. It is helpful in removal of bacteria from the cavity between gums and teeth.
Steps to Use Onion to Treat Wisdom Tooth Pain Fast:
- Make slices of onion and bite it till the juice of onion gets coated to the tooth properly.
- This remedy will help you to get rid of the infection.
6) Ginger to Treat Wisdom Tooth Pain Naturally
Ginger works in the same way as garlic does. It too has anti-inflammatory properties that help in getting rid of pain and swelling in the wisdom tooth.
Steps to Use Ginger to Get Relief from the Wisdom Tooth Pain:
- Make slices of ginger and brew it in water.
- Sip the tea several times to feel the relief.
- You can also chew it so its juice gets coated on the infected tooth as well as gums.
- It will help you keep infections at bay.
7) Ice Packs to Get Rid of Wisdom Tooth Pain Relief
The ice pack is an amazing remedy for curing swelling caused due to the wisdom tooth.
- For that take an ice pack, hold it against your cheek where you are feeling the pain.
- You can also compress with a piece of cloth or can wrap an ice pack to avoid deep freeze burn on cheeks.
- Place it for 20 minutes and then take 20 minutes rest.
- Repeat this process till the ice pack reaches the room temperature.
- You can find relief on your face and neck by these compression.
8) Pepper Mint Tea for Wisdom Tooth Pain Relief
Peppermint is one of the beneficial natural remedies for curing tooth pain. It has strong antiseptic properties that help in fighting infections. It has calcium antagonism that helps in easing the pain.
Steps to Use Pepper Mint to Treat Wisdom Tooth Pain:
- The best way to use peppermint is to brew its leaves into tea and drink it from time to time.
- You may also add salt to the mixture of warm water and peppermint leaves for fast relief.
- Another way is to place some peppermint leaves on the affected area for at least 15 minutes.
9) Salt Water Gargle to Treat Wisdom Tooth Pain Relief
Gargling with salt water is an old time home remedy which has been used for several oral health problems. Salt and warm water work simultaneously in the reduction of inflammation of gingival tissues. This also helps in eliminating bacteria and toxins that cause infection. One drawback in this remedy is that we can only use it when the tooth has completely evolved out of the gums.
Steps to Use Salt Water to Prevent Wisdom Tooth Pain Fast:
- Gargling with normal plain water is also recommendable as it helps food particle to get removed that may have stucked in openings.
- These stuck food particles further cause an infection like tooth decay.
10) Vanilla Extract for Wisdom Tooth Pain Relief
Most of us are unaware of the surprising benefits of vanilla essence in getting relief from a toothache. We mostly enjoy it in ice creams, cakes and so many products. But now we will also enjoy it as a home remedy for a toothache.
Steps to Use Vanilla to Avoid Wisdom Tooth Pain Fast:
- For this, we need to dab a cotton ball in vanilla essence.
- Now place this dabbed cotton directly on the wisdom tooth. This will help in decreasing the pain.