Apple cider vinegar is very effective to treat various health problems of your dog. Apple cider vinegar contains anti-bacterial, detoxifying and anti-fungal properties. That helps to ensure the over health of your dog like it is good for the skin, for healthy joints, for digestion. You can simply add apple cider vinegar to your dog’s diet. The health benefits of apple cider vinegar for dogs are very magical. Read this article to find out more information about the real benefits of apple cider vinegar for dogs.
Apple cider vinegar is made by the fermenting of apple cider. Fermentation is a process by which the sugars in a food are broken down in to simpler form because of the presence of bacteria. Initially the fermentation process changes the sugars in the apple cider into alcohol. When the alcohol ferments further, this changes in to vinegar. The major ingredient of apple cider vinegar is acetic acid, some lactic, citric and malic acids. It is medically proved that apple cider vinegar is rich in vitamins, minerals, and nutrients, it is also rich in potassium. Read below to know some important benefits of apple cider vinegar for dogs.
Benefits of Apple Cider Vinegar for Dogs
- The anti-bacterial, anti-fungal, and antiseptic properties helps to prevent bacterial and viral growth in the digestive tract of your dog. In addition, it also balances the equation of friendly bacteria present inside the track. Apple cider vinegar boosts the immune system of the dog and is is the best remedy for dogs health.
- Apple cider vinegar helps to equalize the blood’s acid alkaline balance and its potassium-rich ingredients in the body. It also breaks down calcium gathering in a dog’s joints and the bones. It is best to treat the dogs who is suffering with arthritis and joint problems.
- Another good benefit of apple cider vinegar for dogs is dog’s skin and coat. Apple cider vinegar has detoxifying properties which helps to make the dog’s skin and coat healthy. If your dogs is suffering from itchy skin or skin allergies this can give instant relief.
- As the facts says apple cider vinegar is rich in potassium, which make it beneficial for dogs who are suffering with diuretic or heart problems.
- Apple cider vinegar eliminates the digestive problem of your dog, you can also use it as a good remedy for food poisoning and to solve the digestive, intestinal gas and constipation problem.
- Other benefits of apple cider vinegar include the prevention of stones and infections in kidney.
How to Use Apple Cider Vinegar for Dogs
1.) General Detoxifier
You can use apple cider vinegar as a general detoxifier and a mild tonic for your dog. Long term use of apple cider vinegar will make your dog capable to fight against infections, flea or worm infestations. Simply start by mixing small amounts of apple cider vinegar to the drinking water of your dog. This is one of the simplest way to use apple cider vinegar for dogs. It may your dog do not like the taste of vinegar in their water, in this case mix apple cider vinegar in his food.
2.) Muscle Pains and Strains
The anti-inflammatory properties of apple cider vinegar help reduce pain and inflammation in muscles. This cooling effects also help to soothe and relax the muscles of dogs. For sore muscles or muscle strain, you can apply a compress of apple cider vinegar to the muscles which are affected.
3.) Rinse for Skin Problems
Use apple cider vinegar as an after-shampoo rinse if your dog is suffering from skin problemsor any allergies. Following few simple steps will let you know how to make the vinegar rinse.
- Mix 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar to a quart tub of water.
- Use it everyday as an after-shampoo rinse.
- Do not to use this water to rinse off.
- Take a towel and rinse it in apple cider vinegar. Now apply this towel on your dog for 10 minutes.
- Rinse it with a water to flush the vinegar.
4.) Ear Wash
If your dog is suffering with ear infections, using apple cider vinegar for dogs will help you to get rid of this problem. Try to keep your dog’s ears clean by applying apple cider vinegar. Take a dropper and pour a few drops of apple cider vinegar in each ear. This will clean out the debris and the vinegar will balance the pH level in the ears.
5.) Flea Repellent Spray
This can also be used to eleiminate flea by preparing a spray. It is very simple to make this spray use 50% apple cider vinegar and mix it with 50% water. Take a spray bottle and fill it with the mixture and spray at your dog’s coat avoid the eyes, nose, and mouth. You can simply spray his bedding t pavoid flea.
6.) Apple Cider Vinegar for Dogs Coat Tonic
Apple cider vinegar add on more strength, when some of the essential herbs are mixed with apple cider vinegar. It make the coat tonic, as herbs are full with anti-bacterial and anti-septic goodness. When these herbs are mixed with apple cider vinegar it makes an magical coat tonic, which very is good for dog’s coat. It effectively improves the coat condition, soothe irritated skin and heal sores.
Get these important herbs fresh or dried: lavender, rosemary leaves, lemon peel, sage and calendula blossoms. Follow the steps below to use apple cider vinegar for dogs.
- Take all the herbs in a glass jar.
- Add in apple cider vinegar in this jar to cover the herbs.
- Seal this jar tightly and leave it in a warm place for about 2 weeks.
- Strain the liquid into a glass storage bottles.
- Store in a cool dark place.
- Shake well before using.
Now to use this herbal apple cider vinegar as a rinse, dilute it with an equal amount of water and applythe liquid all over your dog with the help of brush after shampoo and wait for 15 minutes. This will help a lot to get rid of itchy, irritated skin.
7.) Improve your Dog’s General Health
Apple Cider Vinegar for dogs is also essential as it ensures the general health of your dog. By using ACV twice a week you can improve the overall health of dog. It help to keep the skin, fur healthy and also keep the flea away. To feed your dog with apple cider vinegar, just add one teaspoon to its water dish in a day. Make sure you remember that the effects of apple cider vinegar will vary from dog to dog. It may show changes and good sign within a day or a week, but be sure it will not harm your dog.
8.) Apple Cider Vinegar for Dog’s Digestive System
This helps to make the dog’s digestive system strong. If your dog is suffering with digestive problems like constipation or diarrhea, use apple cider vinegar for dogs. You can simply add 1 teaspoon to bowl of water of your dog daily. This will help effectively to improve diarrhea problems and constipation in a dog if you give them regularly. If your dog is big you can give this solution twice in a day. The apple cider vinegar for dogs is the best remedy used for treating dehydration problems.